Springfield, MA
American International College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American International College

Jasmine

For the most part the students on this campus are like a family; some you associate with less than others, but you know who they are nonetheless.

The smaller atmosphere let's you have a closer relationship with your professors.

Try to get as involved as possible on campus because that is the best way to network as well as make friends.

Jametta

American International College is a great school that provides great education and great help when you need it.

Some of my classmates are wonderful and one of my classmates is my bestfriend I graduated from high school with.

The advice that I would give myself if I went back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college, it would be that to take advantage of the time I have left for school to get all the help that I need to find scholarships and different financial opprotunities to pay for the college I want to go to. Despite the problems that I go through I need to know that I could be whatever I want to be depending on my college major even if someone thinks its a farfetched goal or job in the near future. If I believe in myself and put my mind to it, I could get far no matter if their is obstacles in my way that are big or small. I would also tell myself that in college there is always going to be an obstacle or a curve ball that come at me, I just have to know how to get passed it with whatever technique it maybe. Just remember to do all my work and focus on getting good grades when I am in college . Work comes first then play.

Joseph

One of the most important things that I have learned while attending college is to redirect my priorities. Many people believe that college is a time in people’s lives to cut loose and have a good time. However, I have learned that it is not all fun and games. Although I am currently enjoying my time in college, I realize that the main objective is hard work and dedication. In addition, I have learned that nothing worthwhile in life is easy. There have been a few occasions where I have felt like giving up college. However, I realize that college is the best long term option. Developing a passion and being committed to what I am learning are essential aspects in obtaining my degree. Finally, I have learned to be more punctual. Over the course of my life, I have possessed a habit of being late for important events. However, college has helped neutralize this and turn me into a more dependable person. Being punctual is an essential aspect of being successful in the workforce. I believe that college has been exactly what I have needed to discard myself of my imperfect habits.

yajaira

One of the most important thing that i really must emphasize is the fact that you really get to know who you are as a learner. This is one of the best experience so far only because i struggled soo much to find the best fit for me.when i finally found what i was good at, mt grades improved dramatically.

Lots of support academically, socially and physically

The fact that since i am a commuter AIC has very few or no activities for us

Melissa

Attending college has a tremendous impact on the life of a student. Not only are great friendships formed with fellow classmates and teachers, but the material learned is chosen by the student and is actually of interest. In classes, a student is engaged more because the classes are actually appealing and exciting. Not to say that college isn’t hard work, because it is; but the satisfaction you receive after getting a good grade on a test or getting high marks during the semester are worth the hard work. College also opens the doors to so many extracurricular activities that a person may not have thought to participate in before. There are so many opportunities to get involved and to make a difference in the lives of others. College is necessary to attend because it sets a student up for their future, and allows them to successfully work towards their dreams one day at a time.

Karina

I received a lot of valuable experiences from this year of college. I met a diverse range of people as well as teachers. It was very valuable experience also to live away from home and I learned a lot about responsability. From the College itself i learned very important things to look for in future schools both good and bad. For example to find another school with great student support and many things to become involve in. Also, to find a school that is much more affordable especially after paying so much for one year and having many problems with the internet , elevators, hot water vandalism and the food. I would also look for a school in a much safer part of the city. The most important experince that was the most valuable was the work load and stress management skills that I gained this past year of college.

I consider the best part of the school was the proffesors, they were all extremely dedicated and did all they could to help as well as the president he was very easy going and very easy to talk to.

I wish I would have known that there would be such irreponsible students there wasting others time. As well as I wish I would have known that there were so many problems with the elevators, hot water and internet.

Kenneth

I have learned about the need to expand our minds and explore all the possibilities in this world. I have been able to begin to analyze things in life in a way I wasn't able to do before I went back to school. I also have a greater appreciation for hard work and dedication. I have also come to a deeper understanding of how post-secondary education is so vital in today's society. I would now encourage anyone to go to college after high school. I strongly believe in pursuing your dreams, following your passion. Attending college and doing your best to excel in everything you do will help you to fulfill your dreams; that's what I intend to do. I have grasped a second chance at fulfilling my dreams in life and I intend to pursue them and become an accomplished person. I will be remembered in decades to come for my contributions to society. I will leave the world a better place than when I found it. I appreciate the opportunity to compete for this award.

Tom

Its impossible to truely grasp what power knowledge has before you enter college. The education you recieve in college is not how to write an essay or how to do math problems, its far more. Its context. My world has grown so much bigger and yet so much more connected. Everything has a context, a history. My world acts and is acted upon.

Alyssa

Out of my college experience thus far, I have realized that one must work for what they want, nothing is simply handed to them. In addition to that, I have also learned to relate my book smarts with my street smarts. It has been valuable to attend school because I have come to know that it is possible to acheive goals that one may set & that it feels great to know they have accomplished those goals themselves. On another note, learning in the classroom has a huge relationship to what I see/learn/hear outside of the classroom which makes me more eager to learn and apply the knowledge I have gained so far in my college experience.

I wish I had known that the school was not as reliable for financial aid as they had seemed when I first applied. I also wish they would have explained in further detail the breakdown of tuition money & such.

Anyone looking for a small, Professor-student ratio, small lectures, and close relationships with staff. In addition, anyone looking to attend a very social, friendly school, yet can put up with a "small-school, big-city" type of atmosphere.

kenya

My classmates are very interacting and mostly focused on school. They like answering and asking question with the class and the professor.

Know what i know about college life now , if i could go back in to time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself that life is short its only what you make it and make the best of it get involved and dont be shy just becuase other students are more funtunate then you.Also having a learning disabilityshould not stop you or hold you back in class because there is no such things as a stupid question. Also to work even hard over the summer becuase your going to need a lot of money and fill out a lot of schorships but unfuntanely my senior year was cut short . I had an accident that led me to the hospital in intensive care then later to be home schooled and great pain. i had to take a lot of medication to get were i am at now and still am proud over the obstacle that i have face d in life. i am stronge!!! and to stay that way , dont let NOBODY tell you different and i am smart and DONT let anybody tell me different.. and the list goes on.

I wish i had known that money is going to play a huge factor in what desicion i make on campuse and how involved in can really be. Also i should have played a sport, that would help me interact with other more.

American International College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.