American Public University System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for American Public University System

Zulmarie

I have been going to American Military University from the American Public University System since 2017. I absolutely love the school and the fact that the professors are easily accessible. I heard somewhere that the school is a degree mill school. I highly disagree with that. I have worked my behind off to get my degree. And that's not easy to say with studying Mathematics. I graduate in April, 2022 and I couldn't be happier with my choice of school. It's an online degree and when I call Advising or Financial Aid, they are always happy and eager to help. I love AMU and APUS so much. I would highly recommend it. Especially if you are looking for an online degree.

clement

monday my frist day

Karen

I started at 56 years old, I am 58 now and have 48 credits so far. There are plenty of other students my age and older, all that I have spoken with are very comfortable with our school. I have no complaints with the staff for certain, they are always ready to assist with anything at all, and or any concerns. I love my school.

Nastasia

I have been extremely pleased with APUS. It’s a cost efficient school and it has a variety of different courses to fit anyone’s needs. Then staff is helpful and the website is user friendly. I like how the courses are in an app that is also user friendly and easy to navigate while keeping assignments organized.

John

Great School for online study but if you are looking for college sports and other full on college things then consider going else where. I personally feel that I am learning at lot through online study and the material provided by the school has really enhanced the learning experience as well.

Jestoni

Due to being in the military, it is difficult to find time to do physical classes, so doing classes online has been one of the best parts about taking classes at American Public University System (APUS). I also love the fact that classes always start on the first Monday of every month, so that it is easy to remember when the new semester starts. On top of all of this, my professors have been great at responding to any of my questions in a timely manner and for the most part have graded fairly with comments to tell me what I can improve on.

Amy

It is ok for an online school but it is infested with biased liberal nonsense. I once had a teacher who argued with me about the standing of our bill of rights. So if you are looking for an ok education this is the place to go, if not I would look else where.

JENNIFER

I currently attend this college online, so I don't have much information to share about the on campus life. However, I really enjoy the programs and they are challenging but not impossible and the teachers help any time I ever have a question. We post discussions in a forum format every week to discuss the topics being shared and what we are working on.

Marshall

I am currently active duty military. APUS has been an outstanding university throughout my whole degree plan. They are very flexible while i deployed, the class size was perfect and they communicated wonderfully. I could not be happier with the staff, the degrees offered and the school its self.

Ann

I attend American Military University which is an online part of the American Public University System. It took a lot of time to find a college that had the degree plan I needed as well as being trustworthy. I was extremely nervous about taking online courses that were potentially not worth my investment or that were not accredited. I was also cautious I wanted to make sure I was really learning from my college experience. So far all of the classes have been so informative , the teachers are more than willing to help. You really get the feeling they want you to succeed. As for the classroom setting there are enough people to engage in awesome discussions and help to look at issues from different points of view. I love that it’s down to earth and I feel like I’m having an intelligent conversations with like minded people. I really enjoy going to AMU and will be proud to have my Bachelor’s from there.

Roman

This college is great for online studies! Very informative professors as well as a close group of students due to forums that have to be posted weekly with conversations about the subject matter. The class sizes are average and the professors are easily accessible from email I would highly recommend this college for anyone wanting to attend an online college.

My overall opinion of my school is that it is an excellent option for adult learners , for both military and civilians alike. The American Public University System is truly the best option for me to be able to successfully complete my degree, due to not only being a military spouse, but also a busy mother of three wonderful little ones. It would be absolutely impossible for me to attend traditional classes due to the high costs of childcare so I am extremely happy being a student here. The professors and adviser's are extremely competent at what they do and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my courses thus far. I would and currently do, recommend my school to anyone who yearns to attend college and achieve their educational goals!

Nicholas

This is an Online school, a lot of the topics in the review do not apply to this school. Classes are organized well and the instructors are interactive.

Amy

a wonderful online college to attend! the professors are very knowledgeable and accessible, not to mention directions are always easy to understand. I have so far completed 18 credits towards my bachelors and am considering obtaining my masters at this university as well.

Shaundranique

Experience at American Public University System has been different in comparison to any school I previously attended. The university is constructed around student success. The university’s infrastructure is designed to help all students succeed. The university caters to students who are unprivileged and/or unable to sit in an actual classroom setting. The professors are highly knowledgeable in their fields and promote student success. Students are granted the opportunity to learn from professionals with actual experience in the field. The university’s structure compliments crucial principles which exist in modern day society. Students have the ability to learn to navigate technology, which is necessary to thrive in a technologically advanced society. While learning to navigate the internet, students also learn the required material to earn a degree. The university and it’s staff are extremely accommodating, promote growth and excellence and appeal to a student’s intrinsic motivations. APU has grown exponentially due to its considerable and adaptive nature. The university is very welcoming. As a new and single mother, the university’s structure allowed me to receive a bachelor's degree. Despite the university’s online set up, professors work diligently to aid students. The university has many resources that not only meet but exceed a student’s needs. The university’s staff is extremely helpful— from the financial advisors to library assistants. Unlike most staff at universities, the staff at APU was always prepared to help. Courses at APU are 8 weeks long. 8 week courses allow students to accelerate their degree program track. Courses are designed to provide the student with the utmost knowledge without inserting unnecessary material. The university is overall a great choice. APU is an esteemed university and is appropriate for the average student.

Attending APU has been an overall great experience. Classes are all online, which is very convenient for me as a non-traditional student. My instructors have been very helpful. There are plenty of clubs and opportunities to connect connect with other students despite the school being completely online.

Shaira Mae

I love the American Public University System! It is an online school and caters to military personnel, spouses, and dependents. I am a military spouse so it really is very flexible for me since we have to move around a lot. I am also a mother, which makes online schooling very convenient for me. I love the format of the blackboard as well because I can easily access all the information I need to complete my assignments, participate in discussion boards, and contact my professors for assistance. I appreciate the availability of my professors because they respond very quickly and provide the best information for me to help me complete my assignments properly. They are also very flexible with due dates and are understanding of personal situations. For example, I was unable to complete an assignment and participate in several discussions while I was in labor and after I gave birth.

Barry

They care about you and getting your education. I have been contacted either by phone or email several times throughout my enrollment process and the financial department has been very helpful as well to make sure that I do everything that I can to get started with my first classes on time.

Christopher

It's a great school. It is demanding but all my classes are online. The forums allow class discussions. There are a lot of things to read and videos to watch occasionally. The professors are almost always willing to help and they provide feedback on your work.

Paul

I love this online school! The professors are very knowledgeable and professional. The courses are great and the student advisers and customer service is great! Any time that I call with a question about registration or tuition they always take care of me and answer my questions as soon and as correctly as they can.

Matthew

My overall opinion of APUS or AMU is that it is a very easy college to complete while you are working a full time job. Being a part of the US Army has its own challenges and APUS makes getting a college degree very easy with online learning. I recommend this college to all of my soldiers and help them enroll when ever I get the chance. I am very grateful for this college.

Alyssa

I take online classes and currently in the military, I do not know the campus life but I do know that classes online are very easily understood and you can receive​ great information. I have had the best of luck with professors they are very professional and helpful!

Maegan

I love the online classroom., it is streamlined and well organized. The professors have been amazing. They are prompt to reply to questions and emails. I really enjoy being able to work at my own pace. APU fits nicely into my busy life. I couldn't have made a better choice.

Sherrell

Very flexible in college courses and well beyond enough programs to choose from. The college has monthly courses available each and every month. Can give your credit for military training and transfer credits as well to the max. I would highly recommend this college to anyone looking for flexibility.

Anthony

I have been a part time student here for 4 years, completing 90% of my Space Studies Bachelor's Degree. Completely online learning institution with special considerations for military students allows for easy access to classroom in a deployed environment. Highly recommend this intitution any chance I get!

APUS is a great school with numerous opportunities to further your educational goals

Sadeka

American Public University System is grate online School. it is affordable as well as accredited University. They have very knowledgeable teacher/ instructors and the staff is very helpful.

Krysta

This online-only university is a great resource for students who need online courses that are accredited. I started taking courses here because they offer science classes that will transfer to my state university (in Ohio) and I can work them into my schedule. The assessments are comparable to on-campus university exams, presentations, etc. The faculty are very personable and available to help with anything. The price is between that of a community college and a state university at about $270 per credit. There are not many scholarships available, so keep that in mind when choosing your academic institution. Overall, American Public University System is a good university for students who need accredited courses from a flexible online institution.

Racheal

I like the variety of classes and majors that are offered. It is also convenient that classes start every two months, which is something I really enjoy. The professors I have had were for the most part always there when needed. It is also affordable. I would recommend APUS/AMU for anyone seeking an online degree.

Courtney

This is a great college with a variety of degree programs to choose from. Classes are on your 8 weeks long. The assignments very and most classes involve alot of research. Ido believe they need to offer monthly tution payment plan for those that are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Chelsea

I'm satisfied with everything APU has to offer. I have had some amazing professors who have been there for me, whenever I face a challenge academically. There is always someone who is there that you can talk to. Our school has many resources that are available to students and I'm pleased to be apart of this journey of learning.

Tiffany

Great Institution for students to learn, grow and excel. The professors and Instructors take the time to get to know the students on a personal level. They make sure that we stay on task and apply the knowledge that we have learned throughout our semesters.

Craig

I have enjoyed my time attending American Public University System so far. It is very nice to have the flexibility of online classes while working. It does take some self disciple since you do not have to physically go to classes. I highly recommend the school to anyone that is working and needs flexibility with classes.

JAMIE

Love the online campus! I decided to try this school when I have a less favorable experience with a local online campus. The global community is so supportive here. There are so many ways to get involved with clubs, honor societies, special events, etc. The e-classroom format is easy to understand and easy to navigate. The advising staff and instructors are very helpful and I truly feel they want to help you succeed! Best online class experience I've ever had.

Tanya

I am an active duty member taking advantage of APU/AMU's online degree options. The professors are professional and accommodating. If you are not a fan of deadline, then the online option of APU/AMU may not be for you. Instructors are as lenient as they can be, but consistent late turn-ins are frowned upon and could greatly damage your GPA.

Mackenzie

I love it. Very easy to get ahold of people and everyone isn't friendly. If there is ever a question over a topic, everyone is willing to help you understand. I attend the college online, the website is very easy to understand and get through. Making it easy to enroll for your next class or cancel.

Jillian

My overall opinion on American Public University System is amazing. I love this school so much. The professors are always there when you need help or have a question on something you need help with. The schooling is fast paced and allows you to take the classes you really need rather than a regular traditional college. I would recommend people to apply for this school.

Adam

My overall opinion of American Public University System is very positive. This University has given me the flexibility to be a full time student and work part time. I can set up my own study schedule around my work schedule. I think APUS is a great school and I would and have recommended this university to family/friends.

April

Love it would not change a thing. This school allows me the chance to go to school , have full time employment , be there for my children and home and still get a great education. I did not think I would ever find that in a school but I have with American public university system . This school has help me make my dreams come true about being able to go back to school..

Ryan

APU courses feature the same curriculum as brick-and-mortar schools. The materials are the same as well. I have a friend who is attending classes in person at the University of South Florida and we have had many of the same textbooks (mine are usually e-books). Whatever stigma existed regarding online degrees was unwarranted and I hope it is changing. Most of my professors have held doctorate degrees, some in more than one field, and the school employs many MBAs. If you have never done distance learning before, just know that you need to be a resourceful person . As a student you get access to multitudes of journal databases though the university's library, which I think is pretty cool and I use it for non-school-related research as well. As much as I have enjoyed many of my professors, I have to admit that they do not really do much. I have never had a question for a professor but they do make themselves available; some have even given out cell numbers. Students MUST be accountable to themselves as it pertains to creating and adhering to a schedule.. Every Monday morning when I wake up, I like to make a checklist of school stuff and keep track that way. Every class has a weekly discussion forum component that requires students to provide a short answer to a prompt (250-300 words). These are usually due Wednesday, but some of my professors have chosen to make the deadline on Thursday. To complete the forum requirements, students must respond to at least two peers' discussion posts, and those replies are usually 100-150 words. Know ahead of time that the financial aid department is an absolute joke. In 11 semesters at APU , I believe Ihey have gotten my financial aid right twice. They need to redesign their protocol or something. I feel bad about being negative considering them because they are actually very nice. Emails are answered usually next day, but students can do a live chat session with a faculty member during business hours. Unless it is lunch time for them, the staff normally answers calls almost immediately. If you cannot reach one, you can request a callback and they will actually call you back, which really surprised me. Bottom line is that APU offers the same education you would expect to get inside a physical classroom setting. The only contrasts are where you are sitting, flexibility in scheduling, and the availability of real-time help. I like doing my school at home and have not yet come up with any questions that I could not answer myself, so I do not feel that I am missing out on anything by not having a professor in the room. If you decide to enroll at APU/AMU, just remember that it is very important to start your financial aid process for semesters as early as you possibly can. That way you have time in case they mess it up.

Audra

I enjoy being a part of American Public University System. I am able to learn and still have enough free time to do what I want. APUS has made it easy for me to work on my degree. I am currently in the Armed Forces serving my country proudly while also being able to focus on my education.

Virginia

Good school and has great teachers.

Scott

It's a great school for students who want to learn year around and apply when they want to . All classes enable you to talk to your fellow students, and learn together throughout the courses. I would recommend an online college if you don't have a free schedule. It's pretty flexible, but it does require a lot of work.

Tyler

It is a great school. This is great school for students that have a busy life because the teachers are always willing to help out no matter what your problem is. This school can fit anybodies schedule. I was scared of college but this school has made college a great experience.

Isis

I've only been a student for about a month but the time I've been enrolled, albeit online, is pretty good. Its' straight forward, my counselors answer all of my questions, the professor comments and grades assignments in a timely fashion and the materials are available to me when I need them. Overall pretty good school.

Barbara

This school has a sub-school called American Military University which I have attended for the majority of my college career. It is 100% online and fully accredited. I have always been impressed with the schools ability to serve their students no matter where we are in the world. The classes are challenging but definitely comparable to traditional brick and mortar schools. I’ve persobally referred over 10 people to start their education through this university. They offer a wide range of degree programs and their student services are very helpful and quick to assist in any situation. Overall I’m very happy to call myself Alumni.

I started going to American Public University November 2017. Before I even began my classes I felt like I was welcomed with open arms. Our college is online but there was no option to put "N/A" for some of the ratings. I highly recommend this school!

Marquita

I was an online student so some o the questions above did not apply to me. However, what I can say about American public University is, I have not had any issues with learning. If I had a question teachers were quick to respond. However, there are a few that can go around and around in circles, especially if email is a thing vs talking over the phone or facetime. There is a lot of hustle and bustle as the classes are 8 weeks long, perhaps that is not a lot of time for some. Overall, the classes are small, the teachers get back with you in a timely manner. Also, they use ebooks which is AWESOME!!! This is a pretty good school and I would love to continue my education at this school.

Whitney

They study you just like you study in your classrooms to make the grade. They are always on it and polite; They never give up and keep on encouraging you and when you have a question quick to answer anything that you want to be answered. There is always way to pay for college just go to financial and it will help you for your search or call admission office or financial aid office.

Patrina

Great school, Great Professors, and I never have to worry about my grades or work, I can call on my professor's, and they are always there for me, without hesitation. I never have any issues that I can't get solve within 24 to 48 hours. I never had any issues with the teachers nor students. Someone is always there for you whenever you need help with anything at all. My courses are not long anf5 drugged out, the work is easy and very understandable.