American Public University System Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for American Public University System

Patrina

Great school, Great Professors, and I never have to worry about my grades or work, I can call on my professor's, and they are always there for me, without hesitation. I never have any issues that I can't get solve within 24 to 48 hours. I never had any issues with the teachers nor students. Someone is always there for you whenever you need help with anything at all. My courses are not long anf5 drugged out, the work is easy and very understandable.

Matthew

The American Public University to me so far has been an excellent place to take learning to the next level. I have been satisfied with how easy it was to transfer my credits from multiple institutions and how helpful my academic advisors have been in helping me chose my career field.

Katelyn

I think this school is wonderful. The professors are super supportive and understanding. They do everything in their power to make sure you succeed. They encourage you to reach out to them if you need anything, which is fantastic. I am getting to know my classmates which makes me feel at home. I do not have enough good things to say about my college. I would highly recommend everyone to become a student. You will receive a ton of support.

Andrew

I feel like it is great for an online school. They are very good for individuals who have very busy lives, and they are understanding when you have life situations pop up, regardless of what those situations are. As long as you give the teachers time to understand your situation, they will understand and usually help you out in some way.

The reason I gave my school so many 1 stars is because it is an online university, so many of these don't apply. However, the teachers and staff are great. Everyone has been very helpful and all the students have been very engaging. I always feel like I get more out of the class than I ever thought I would! I have been having a great experience so far. The only thing that I would change is if the school offered its own version of tuition assistance. And while I do get a discounted tuition for being a military spouse I know that there are other people who are in financial need as well. I have been applying for many scholarship since I have started and if the school also offered to cover part of the tuition some of the burden would be lifted. But other than that the school is wonderful and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone!

MARISSA

The school is completely online, but more effective than any in seat course I have taken. The professors are always available, even on holidays and weekends I have e-mailed those individuals and they have responded. There is no on campus activities or housing to rate, but I am confident that if there were, it would be a five-star rating. My experience with in seat courses is that of which professors cancel class, when you are already seated, will not answer e-mails in a timely manner, and their office hours are very limited. With in seat courses you are also required to pick-up your school supplies and pay separately, whereas you are not with this university. Being able to stay home or at work and still complete assignments, and get ahead in some, are huge for military personnel, like myself, that never know when a mission arises, and a course may need dropped. This is not the case with this university that is completely online, but also very understanding of the military folk's mission being essential. My only fully online semesters have been with American Public University System and I could not be happier with the school as well as faculty.

Amy

The American Public University System (APUS) is an awesome option for any type of student. APUS caters to military and adult students in particular, but students of all ages, education, and experience are welcome. Online education is an ideal platform for busy individuals, and as a mom of three in the middle of a career change, I am pleased I have discovered the American Public University System.

Patrick

This is a fantastic school to be apart of! It is nearly a 100% online university, so you must be able to motivate yourself to do the work. I know of a few people who need the classroom in order to work. However, if you can self-motivate, you will do very well. Fantastic teachers, great curriculums, and a well accredited school.

Laura

I love the flexibility of online learning with APUS. it affords me the opportunity to be home with my young kids and still pursue my dreams of a college degree. APUS has many great faculty members that are willing to help and assist with whatever the students need. Class sizes are appropriate and allow for interaction with multiple viewpoints.

Ami

I loved my experiences here. Being an online university, I was able to make my own schedule and work a fulltime job without conflict. The teachers were always great and helpful and I would encourage others to try it out! School doesn't have to get in the way, it can work for you!

Willie

Great School

Stephen

I just started at American Public University System but so far I enjoy it. Everyone has been helpful and they have an online chat room to keep you in the loop about everything. I currently take online classes from off campus but feel like I am apart of the schools as if I was there.

Thomas

I love this school. Being active duty military it is such an amazing school I am able to take advantage online. Even when I leave for detachments or deployments I am still able to peruse my higher education. The accessibility of all of the professors are so easy and encourage fellow albums to get involved to help everyone achieve their specific goals. Love this school!

Amy

It's a great school with a great environment. The processors are always available to answer questions about their classes. The campus is nice as well as surrounding areas. The campus is also close to my home in Southern Ohio, so that is a big plus for me.

Deanna

I cannot give an accurate description as I am an online student. The campus is in WV and it is a Military University that has opened to the public. They have wonderful professors and I am so happy that I can call it my school. I have taken art courses and French courses they are just wonderful and for people that are trying to raise a family, this is your school.

Mary

Overall, I am a big fan of American Public University. When I was first starting out in college and looking for a good school, there were not very many options that fit my personal needs. American Public University, however, is different. There is so much flexibility with classes, which is a huge benefit for me as a student who is also working a full-time job. It provides me with the knowledge and accountability I need to learn and grow, while at the same time giving me to time to work at and be successful with my job. Some-how with all of this, I still even have a little bit of time for my personal life. The way that they have their classes set up and scheduled is very thorough and thought out. The professors are always available and helpful. They have already taught me so much, and they have been very willing to give me extra support however I need it. Other students have the same mindset and mentality as me. We have well thought out, educated discussions, and even when we disagree, there is still respect for each other’s opinions. It is a very affordable and flexible school over-all. My advisors help me plan out my classes and major, but I also have a lot of choice and flexibility when it comes to choosing which class I take at a time. There are several different options for paying for credits, and the school itself is very willing to work with you.