Sacramento, CA
American River College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American River College

Well most of the time my classmates that I have had in my classes seem fairly pleasant and no real problems with them. I am able to try and do my work with them whenever we might be put into group situations. But most of the time I tend to enjoy doing my work on my own. But I will work with my classmates if I am asked to.

If I could back to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to study hard and get good grades. Also try out for some of the school sports and other extracurricular activities, things that a college might look for. Try to look for colleges that might appeal to you and work out for you. Do not worry about what degree you need to take, but keep up with studying and get good grades. About transitioning in from high school life to college life know that you have family, teachers, friends, etc there for you to give you help. Always ask for help since that will help you learn and grow and be able to get you closer to goal of achieving what you might want, such as becoming fully independent and able to take of yourself. Also to be thankful for what you may have and the people who are around you and support you for they will always be there for you in your time of need. Most importantly try to have fun through this and try not to stress too much about things that you may not be able to change at the moment.

The worst thing about my college is that they don't have a desginated area for smokers. I feel that they should ban it from the school buildings and move it farther out to like the parking lot. It's annoying that I have walk around campus to have to smell all that smoke. It's disgusting and unhealthy and I would very much enjoy a no smoking allowed college to be able to attend.

I am much more likely to remember someone’s name if I write it down or read it. For this reason, I am going to write my advice in letter form so if my high school self did read this, she would retain it. This letter would probably be posted to her wall and looked at every day.. Dear Samantha, The summer after high school will be tough. You will loose friends. Do not be afraid to be alone. You learn more if you are. Taking the public bus isn’t so bad. When you feel anger toward the world because you don’t have a car, remember the thousands of dollars you and your parents are saving. You also will meet cute boys on the bus :). Eat your vegetables and wear your sunscreen. You are beautiful, smart, and kind. So many great things will happen for you. Be grateful for your family. These next few years will be some of the best of your lives. No pressure, though, because your 30s, 40s, and 50s might be just as great :) It all depends on how you choose to look at life. Lastly, take pictures of every moment, and laugh everyday.

Shailena

Would tell myself to use all my freetime wisely because, since I'm in college now and have a lot of homework I do not have a lot of free time.

Since i been at my school for only three weeks now, I would say that I can not get a job on campus because I'm not a full not student.

I would tell them about my school work, it's better that high school, and all the nice and mature people i can meet.

Betsey

I haven't exactly started yet. I start August 23rd. I'll be a freshman, but I think I'm going to love college life. All the classes I'll take and all the people I'll meet! I'm SOO excited! College is critical for me to attend. There are so many jobs out there that you have to have college education for whether it's just generals or if it's a full out Doctorate's degree. You can't really find a job without college education anymore, trust me I'm trying so hard to find one.

Mahsa

I have took many classes in this college. These classes helped me to learn more about what I want to do in the future. This is the reason why I changed my major 2 times. Any major you want this school has. The school is for anyone who really want to study and have good future.

American river college is also a place that has most of the short term majors for anyone who wants to attend and graduate from 4 year college.Student can go to school while the school pay for their education.But they must work hard.

Any student who has goals to their future. The want to get ready and sucess. A student must work hard and attend in school in order to sucess.

My classmates are very diverse and they're a great help to me!

My classmates are very diverse and they're a great help to me!

The school is best known for its diversity of students and the help you get from teachers.

Nothing, I started college while I was attending high school so I got the training that I needed to do better in college.

kaila

I would tell myself and any high school senior if I went back in time, is to cherish the life of being a child. Once you grow up, you cannot act like a child and you have so many responsibilities. I would say to save up my money instead of spending it frivolously because the tuition is horrendous. I would also recommend studying a lot more, be an active participant in study groups, and focusing more academically. I would recommend buying books on Amazon or other textbook sites, because they are cheaper. Going on Rate My Professor.com will help because some teacher?s methods might conflict with your learning methods. School can be fun or miserable, but you have to put in the work.

The worst thing about school is motivating yourself to study. I would rather have fun than study, but I realized that school will pay off in the future even though it might take a lot of my time. Studying for classes are a head-ache, but you will feel accomplished when you understand the subject or assignment.

A person who should'nt attend this school is a people who is lazy. People who are lazy will have a hard time in college because it requires alot of studying and hard work. I would not recommend slacking off on assignments because one assignment might take a few hours.

The only advice I'd give myself is to at least try to get the first two years of college over and done with right after High School. It would make it less difficult to get a degree you want later. After saying that I'd encourage myself to do what your gut tells you, since those choices are what made me the way I'm am today.

Several things seem different then other schools I've seen. The staff in general are willing to take the time to make sure that you have a good understanding of what is needed for a degree, ie., AA/AS or what 's needed to transfer to a four year college.

The only main complaint I have is same issue thats all over the rest of the sate. The school is way too over crowded due to several four year colleges are not currently taking on new students.

roseanna

i really like the school everybody there are very friendly and the teachers are very friendly as well

i would tell myself not to drop out to finish school and get a high school diploma

the worst thing is that the classes are so far away

American River College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.