Sacramento, CA
American River College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend American River College

Victoria

I believe our school is best known for it's nursing program. American River has the best nursing program in the area, providing students the readiness to become Registered Nurses. American River is also known as the community college students attend before Sacramento State.

Mainly I would tell myself to take college seriously. I feel I have waisted a lot of time so far. I could be close to graduating if I would of really applied myself in the beginning. As a senior, I just wanted to graduate and have fun. Now, finding something I will love doing as a career is very important. When I was a senior I thought it would be so easy to just find something and get into it. I didn't realize how much time and work college really is. College is a preperation for the career chosen. A student is to learn everything possible. I could of done a lot of research and preperation before getting to college. The preperation and research might of even swayed me to choose a different college. I would of told myself to go for a state college right off the bat. I believe if I would of gone to a state college right away, I would be better on track towards my goals and career.

Most of my classmates are just out of high school. There are usually older adults and teenagers in my classes. It's definetly a wide range. The backgrounds of students differ quite a bit. There are a lot of international students attending American River.

Selena

American River College is best known for its diversity. It is has the largest population for a community college in Sacramento, and most students commute to ARC for that specific purpose. American River offers so many different opportunities to its students, therefore, it is easy to test the waters with different interests. One could surely find their niche at American River College.

American River College has a very broad range of courses to ensure the maximum amount of education. Even with the massive student population, the professors still manage to be personal and helpful. With extracuricular activities, such as sports teams, I've made life-long friendships with the players and staff. The campus could be a little overwhelming at first, but the ARC community surely is warming. Of course, the American River mascot is truly a unique one in itself. Who wouldn't want to be an American River Beaver?

If I could go back in time to talk with my high school senior-self, I would tell myself that I made the right decision. Coming to the end of my senior year in high school, I really didn't believe I was ready to move away and be truly on my own yet. I attended a prestigious college-prepratory high school in Sacramento and witnessed so many of my classmates getting accepted into prestigious-expensive colleges. Upon reacting to this, I knew I didn't have that kind of money to spend, especially when I didn't know what I really wanted to do with my life. The answer-- communtiy college! Of course I was sad to realize that most of my friends were moving off to enjoy the "perks" of living the dorm life, but I came to find that I would survive. Therefore, I would tell my high school self that putting aside the trivial college freedom in regards to finding yourself is worth the wait. I made the right decision; I wasn't quite ready yet, and that's perfectly fine. To me, the wait(community college) was definitely worth the wait.

tamaira

This school is known for many things. I feel that this school is very well known for teaching credentials and for being economical as well as versitile in your academic needs, no matter what type of classes you are trying to take!

This is an oportunity to make a big difference in your life right now and for years to come. this will make you proud of yourself. The people who love you and believe in you will be proud of you , but more then anything it is an oportunity that comes with so much support and choices to meet you right where you are at. you dont have to be a perfect student now, to be successful here, all you have to do is want to. go for it. It Is your life, and your future. You decide.

I wish I had known how much help and support available here. they want you to be successful, I would of been here long ago. Now I work and volunteer as a student tutor to help like they helped me!

David

DONT WAIT TO THE LAST DAY TO STUDY; I couldn't stress that more. Also, I would tell myself to man up and join tutoring sessions if I didn't get a subject. It took me three semesters to figure these golden rules unfortunately, but I'm glad I learned them now. Public High School doesn't prepare you enough for college in my honest opinion, so all the motivation to go to study groups and actually study has to come from your own person. The road through college seems only to get harder, and if you don't devote enough time, or you slack off and play games like I used to nothing will ever get done. Creating your own successful academic atmosphere comes from your own desire to excel, and thus, dominate those urges to deter from your desired future.

I really enjoy the staff. Though it may seem as if thier meant to push you hard, the American River Biology staff prepares you well.

I really enjoy the aestetics of the school. It seems to me that American River College, though in a busy neighborhood, has a great studying atmosphere. The combination of great landscaping and the unique array of areas to study make all the difference.

HIEP

MY SCHOOL HAS THE BEST NURSING PROGRAM IN LOSRIOS SYSTEM.

I WILL WORK MORE ON SCIENCE CLASS SINCE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS HAVE THE WHOLE YEAR TO STUDY FOR ANY SUBJECT UNLIKE COLLEGE STUDENTS WITH LIMITED TIME FRAME FOR EACH CLASS.

rene

I would tell my high school senior self to take time to focus on school. I wish I would have understood better how to focus and balance life in school and out of the classroom. I would tell myself to not worry about what schools I did or didn't get into, it really is my own efforts that are going to make or break any school's "results". I would tell myself that partying and having a good time only lasts so long and that investing in my education is valuable my whole life; save the partying for later! I would explain to myself that it is good to be picky with my time and friendship because it is how we take care to value ourselves and our time. If I need to help someone in need, assess the urgency and ask them to work around my time. I would caution myself as to who I have around me as if they can help lead me astray. I would want myself to be aware of my relationships to people to be sure I am not sacrificing more than I should be.

The food. The staff is very kind in the cafeteria , but unfortunately the food is not just poor tasting and poor quality, but bad for you too. We have very few options and nearly none that are healthy!

It is a very good school educationally. Anyone who wants to get their college career started for transfer into a four year college, or someone that wants to train for specific certificates would do well going here. Majority of the students take their education seriously so someone that may not be ready for school may not want to come here - it is not a party school.

Average mutually helpful and friendly bypassers.

Average mutually helpful and friendly bypassers.

I would tell myself to take it easy in high school and enjoy it as much as possible. I overworked myself in my first year of high school and then kept giving up on my dreams along the way. Now knowing how college is, and how it's easy to transfer from a community college to a university without a problem; I know it would have been best if I had decided to choose the path towards going to a community college from the beginning. A lot of the time I spent trying to fulfill requirements for universities I could have used for other high school activities such as school fundraisers, dances, or athletics. If I would have taken all my classes at a steady pace I would have enjoyed my high school experience more. In return I would have transitioned into college more easily since I would have the satisfaction that my teenage days where well lived and that now I have an obligation to work my hardest since I was able to enjoy the transitioning period called high school.

I honestly do not brag about my school, but some of the positive aspect of it are that they give you a second or even third chance if you need it. When you are going through a difficult time, or an unexpected tragedy occurs they do not throw you out of the school for good.

Eron

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I wouldn't have told myself to do a thing differently except that saving money is a good thing. I would have made it clear to that youthful and impressionable me with no idea that utilities were a seperate entity from rent, that if I didnt want to be stressing out over how I'm going to afford vienna sausages and ramen noodles while working two hour math problems then I should put a 20 back every so often. Unfortunately, I cant go back in time to tell myself to, "Start saving idiot," so, I push buggies, clean urinals, and desperately crank out the essay's hoping that for just one semester all I have to do is study.

Aaron

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, that would be the greatest thing ever. I would tell myself appreciate the education you are recieveing, buckle down a little bit more, pay more attention, and work harder. In high school I was more of the follow the crowd type, and I wish i wasn't. I wish I could have changed that and been more of an induvidual. I realize I was wrong and i want to be better at school and life. My grandma deserves that and i deserve that. Making the transition from high school to college would have been so much easier adn a lot smoother. A lot more help would have been given to me if i was more serious back then and knowing what I know now, ging through these experiences, I really wish i had been more serious. If I could speak with myself i would tell myself college is the most important thing in life right now, focus and make sure you get in, if only I could.

I consider the worst thing about school to be the attendence. This is because a lot of people, including myself, have trouble being a full time student as well as trying to work and make a living at the same time. Its nearly impossible to juggle the two but people get it done as i shall. Although, we are allowed to pick our school schedule, it s still difficult to have a school and work life, sometimes school may be scheduled during work and you can't change your work schedule, in which case you are stuck choosing between them.

The type of person that should attend school are peoplw who believe they can further their life and opportunities to better not only themselves, but also everyone around them. School is not a place for slackers who want to go because everyone else is goin, its for people who are serious about their education and want to have a career. I believe everyone should attempt to attend school, but if you cannot make it happen as it should, school is no place for you. Its a place for serious students who have a good aspiration to further stimulate their mind.

American River College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.