American University

« See more reviews of American University

American University is known for its diversity and international perspective, offering students the opportunity to gain the highest quality of education from world-renowned professors and the chance to build domestic and international relationships with professionals through internship programs, study abroad, professors and career development resources.

In my three and a half years at AU, there have many changes to improve the look of AU. We have brand new bus stops that look great! We also are proud of our landscaping - we have a couple of gardens and a beautiful amphitheater where many students go relax (yes there is Wifi there! and all over campus for that matter). We have a very beautiful campus!

Very snobby and competative. People mostly focus on their school work and when it comes to weekend they all get drunk and stupid. There is no normal balance at the this school, you're either doing really well or you're dropping out or transferring. There's major pressure here.

American University is a school filled with self motivated students who do not share any campus community, yet are united around the city of Washington DC and pride themselves in taking the initiative to jump start their careers by taking advantage of all that DC has to offer.

American university is focused on politics and international relations, and is attended by wealthy liberals who mainly chose it because they didn't get into Georgetown or George Washington University, or because AU gave them more scholarship money.

Hard working, costs a lot! Cut throat competitive, good club life around DC, people can be standoffish, people tend to stay within their own groups, administration is awful if you have a problem with the school.

American University is an institution located in the heart of Washington D.C, which prepares many of its students for careers in public service by instilling values of ideas, action, and service in them.

American University provides students with an intellectually stimulating campus full of top-notch professors with convenient acess to a variety of internships of which the majority take advantage.

American is the school in DC for people who plan to get their hands dirty and do the substantive, impacting, and hard work involved in national politics and international relations.

A challenging curriculum, welcoming atmosphere for all walks of life, and an institution that encourages community building and intellectual aspirations of all within its web.