American University

« See more reviews of American University

AU students are pretty diverse. There are a lot of international students here and everyone seems to really respect everyone else. Because of this respect, I feel like I am in a great environment to learn because no one is afraid to speak during class and I don't hesitate to leave my door unlocked if I need to go to the bathroom or grab a bite to eat.

AU is extremely diverse in just about every way you can imagine. AU is also very political. We got offended when we were no longer number one on the list of politically active campuses. We lean democrat but there are many, many republicans on campus. Dialouge is encouraged and rewarded in class, and you just get more out of a class that way.

Everyone gets along very well; we embrace everyone. Conservatives would feel out of place. Most wear their North Face jacket, Uggs, and jeans. Most students are from the east coast, especially New Jersey and Long Island. The students here are soooo politically active; I don't know anyone here that does not love politics.

Everyone is tolerant on campus. I don't think any student would really feel out of place. Most students wear jeans or dress up a little for class. Hardly any sweats. Most students are from the North East. Most of these students are somewhat affluent. These students are politically active. They are mostly liberal.

The students at American are extremely politically active and are not afraid to voice their opinions. Living in Washington, DC, at our nation's capital gives everyone a great opportunity toget involved in the world and our country. We have many future governors, ambassadors, and possibly presidents.

AU students tend to be quite focused success in their classes, engaging with the material and frusterated when professors don't expect enough of their students, but students don't neglect their strong friendships and cohesive social groups because of their academics.

Mostly rich prep school kids who couldn't get into a better school, leavened with smart poor kids who needed scholarships and a ton of international students. Overall very liberal. Douchebag quotient about what you'd expect for an East Coast private school.

you can't feel out of place at american. everyone is so different and there are so many things to get involved in. but basically everyone has either lived abroad or traveled extensively, and the vast majority are loaded.

Students are well versed on current events, and posess a general open-mindedness towards new ideas and learning; most students are active in areas beyond academics in order to make an impact in their communinty.

Often driven, and well-read in many different aspects. We're also very adventurous, with over half of our undergraduates studying abroad sometime in pursuit of our bachelor's degrees.