American University

« See more reviews of American University

As an undergraduate studying International Relations, I had professors who were versed in global relations not only through academic expertise, but through impressive professional backgrounds in the fields of International Economics, Middle East Studies, Women's Studies, and International Organizations. AU's emphasis on international relations expands beyond the classroom curriculum. Guest speakers have included former heads of states, such as Mikhail Gorbachev. Internships are provided with embassies, US Senators, and organizations such as the Human Rights Campaign and the World Bank.

My school is best known for its activism. Our slogan is "ideas into action, action into service," and this is played out on a daily basis. Our 2nd biggest club on campus is a co-ed community service fraternity that serves the DC area--about 3000 hours per semester. American is a school full of active students who really want to make a difference, whether in politics, science, the arts, or just at a local senior center. And the best part is, we DO make a difference!

Being politically liberal, being a school where rich kids who didn't get into good schools go just because it's private, having high female, jewish, and homosexual populations even though this isn't totally accurate, being a haven for rejects from Georgetown, but being a good alternative to GW's concrete campus, not having a football team and lacking school spirit. Which is not always a bad thing.

It?s known for its School of International Service (the biggest in the country and second biggest in the world), Communication program and Art program. Its location in D.C. lends its self to an incredible amount of educational resources and career opportunities. There is very high recruitment activity from top businesses, NGOs, media companies, and governmental agencies on campus all the time.

American is best known for its students' willingness and abilities to get involved in the community and world around. As it is a very political school, many students aim to better the policies and regulations in our cities, states, and nations. Everyone works together--students, teachers, and staff--to accomplish what they believe to be the most important goals in society today.

My school is best known for its international programs and its faculty. Since we are centered in Washington, D.C. the opportunity for students to intern and work with different government, non-profit, and international organizations is unprecedented. Students are able to take full advantage of the nationl Capital while getting a comprehensive education in these fields.

My school is best know for its school of International Relations and is ranked as one of the best programs in this field major among all the colleges in america. the business school is ranked in the top 30. the school is very good at helping students find jobs and internships and brings very famous politicans and speakers to campus for us to listen to.

being politically active. our students are always fighting for a cause and getting out in the city and really doing things. we don't just sit around and talk about how much the world sucks - we sit around & talk AND actively pursue change.

My Univeristy is best known for the School of International Service and our School of Public Affairs. But primarily our School of International Service is one of our biggest drawing points for American University.

American University is best know for our political activity. Centered in residential D.C., we take advantage of everything the District has to offer: protests, rallies, speeches, etc.