American University

« See more reviews of American University

American University's career center is one of the school's greatest advantages. In a city such as Washington, politics is the contest and jobs are the prize. With many students from many area universities competing for jobs and internships, a career center as well positioned as American's is a huge advantage for those willing to make use of it.

Our community is the most unique thing about American University. No matter where I go on campus, student, faculty and staff are always friendly. I feel like every time I attend a event on campus I am with my extended family. It was great to living in a welcoming community that was also a university.

The location of American is awesome because it is in the suburbs of D.C., so it doesn't feel like living in a city, but the Metro is right by campus and you can easily go anywhere in the city. American also has a great international relations program and the location just makes it better.

I didn't want to go to any other schools. I thought about going to schools overseas, but I can't afford it. American University is a very international community. It's very politically active and has a good mix of ethnic, religious, and political makeup.

It's a four-year liberal arts college with a strong general education program that has an audio technology program. Unfortunately, the audio technology program isn't that good. American University does not know how to handle arts programs.

this school allows me to recieve an advanced education as well as network in a very influential city in america. this is a very exciting time for our nation and as i work towards my degree i feel like i am in the center of the excitement.

AU is very active politically. I believe it is the most politically active campus in the country. The students are very comitted to politics and the environment--the election was bigger than any sports event we're had on campus.

There are a lot of international students and very politically active students and consequently we get a lot of visiting foreign dignitaries. There is no football team but everyone still has a lot of school spirit.

Many distractions at American when trying to do homework. It seems as though the university has so much to offer that you are literally declining things to do to try and stay in and accomplish something.

It has a very strong international service department, and also has a communications school. It was also the only school I stepped foot onto that didn't drip "preppy" from every orifice.