American University

« See more reviews of American University

American University is for those who dream of being diplomats, senators, politicians, and president. Most students study international service or political science. Almost every day, a politician from around DC is invited as a guest speaker on campus. American University is filled with liberal-minded students who want to change the world and the government. Students actively engage in political debates with their friends and always follow the news. Many students intern in DC at nonprofits, in Congress, or other government sectors. A person with a strong desire for change and an interest in current affairs should attend this school.

American University is a great institution for individuals who are interested in politics, government, and international issues. It is a small but beautiful campus that is accessible to downtown DC. If you are a person who loves to get to know people from all different countries, cultures, and backgrounds American University is the perfect place to study. The faculty takes time to make sure you learn and have the opportunity to meet people in your field of interest while also creating a confortable place to share ideas and learn new things.

Someone who has a passion for the study of politics and international studies. A person who goes to school to learn and to challenge the frontiers of their field. Also, someone who wants to be in the service of others, whether in government or in the private sector. Also, someone who will take advantage of oppurtunities not only on campus, but those in Washington DC. Those who are curious to explore new things in their field should go to American University, because it is an institution that fosters discovery, learning, and innovation.

Someone who is outgoing and open to new experiences and people. Anyone who is politically active, conservative or liberal, should attend....American University has been voted the most politically active school for the last several years. You should attend if you are looking for a different type of Greek Life than other, larger state schools. There are so many different groups of people at American University that it isn't hard to find one's niche.

to be honest, liberal student should since most everyone here is very left-winged liberal. a very hard working student should come here to because the professors here grade very hard and will not allow any excuses. you really need to study 24/7 in order to get a diploma. also, poorer kids like myself felt left out among the majority of rich kids here but just try anyone. overall you need to be very hardworking and studious and do internships.

Anyone remotely interested in government, politics, international relations, or public affairs should definitely consider AU. It is a very politically active campus. The professors are very carying and accomodating, and the educational quality overall is generally very good. The location is the best of both worlds, because you get the small campus feel, yet you are located minutes from the nation's capital.

The kind of person who should attend American University needs to be passionate about their studies, interested in utilizing all of the resources offered, and sure of what they want to do in life. American University is the place for someone interested in politics and international relations, not someone who does not know what they want to do or is interested in science or math.

Anyone who is interested in living in a city but wants a campus feel, someone who wants a smaller school, someone who is open minded to others beliefs, someone who can afford to come here. People who want to get a unique experience that couldn't be found anywhere else and have opportunities like study abroad and access to internships that other schools cannot offer.

A person attending AU should have a openess to new ideas and an interest in polotics. They should be outgoing enough to get out and enjoy a wonderful campus and city, yet focused enough to know when to buckle down. The school is open to people of all kinds though; so one should not be afraid of being different.

The person who should attend this school should be very excited about learning about different types of people and how they view the world. Also this person should be independent, self motivated, and because of the strong sense of giving back on campus, should want to make a difference.