American University

« See more reviews of American University

People tend to be fairly wealthy and spend lots of money. It makes it difficult for non-wealthy students especially in such an expensive area to always particpate. Also students tend to form lots of cliches rather than having many friends

Well, I would say the friendliness of most of the students - I found it hard to befriend students there. Also, the high tuition that I'm borrowing from friends and relatives to afford it. Otherwise, I love the American University

The process for registering for classes can be stressful. It's kind of a "free for all" in that the more credits you have, the earlier you get to register. So a lot of times you can get locked out of classes you want to take.

The science kids! Don't come to American to be a biologist, chemist, physiscist, etc... The university doesn't have the facilities for us and we get a bad rap for dragging the ratings of the school down.

The tuition. The school may give you a lot of financial aid but you will have problems with AU central regardless. They are not transparent in their budget and the price keeps rising.

This school is rediculously expensive! Also, they expect very high academic performance, along with a well-balanced amount of extra-curricular activities and communithy involvement.

Campus stores (convenience store, restaurants, dining hall) all have very inconvenient hours on the weekends. Oh, and Judicial Affairs and Mediation Services is a joke.

It is a dry campus so those who wish to drink must find off campus parties and rides to them. There are no on campus fraternity or sorority houses.

It is a dry campus so many people over-drink and dirty the residence halls. It's hard to work against student activities.

They preach about tolerance yet automatically assume that anyone Republican is either intolerant, ignorant, or selfish