American University

« See more reviews of American University

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Most of my friends study in the library (the second floor is the 'quiet floor,' which means you can't make noise-- perfect for studying), but for some reason, I just don't feel inspired in there. I think it's because I prefer squashier chairs! I usually either study on my bed, the lounge on my floor, or in Katzen Arts Center. Katzen is great because there's always a lot going on in there, but there's always some available open space, and some really funky surroundings that make it easy to draw inspiration from them.

The best? Probably the library. Its the quietest place on campus and has the electric plugs for charging computers (that's a pet peeve of mine with AU - the lack of plug in the buildings/classrooms). But the most popular might be MGC (AU's version of a University Center) or the School of International Service building (probably due to the Davenport cafe).

The library is nice but can get very crowded so I have a couple of other places that I like to get work in. The SIS building has great lighting and is a very refreshing place to study. I also like to work by the Katzen cafe. The Battelle atrium is also a nice place to study with great non-fluorescent lighting.

One of the smaller study areas