Anderson University-Anderson, SC Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Anderson University-Anderson, SC

Erika

I genuinely enjoy going to school here because I love being a part of a smaller school. I love the atmosohere and how friendly everyone is. The food is great and the professors are amazing as well. Every teacher I have had is willing to set aside time to make sure their students understand the material. The campus is beautiful, and the housing is pretty good. Some of the nearby areas are not so nice, but overall is a great environment.

I love the community that Anderson provides and the challenges that I am faced with in my academics. Anderson does feel like a home away from home. I believe that Anderson does give a firm foundation for whatever dream someone is wanting to pursue. The encouragement that all of the Anderson community gives is overwhelming, but I think without it AU would not be AU.

Jacob

The best thing about Anderson University in comparison to other schools is the connection between the students and faculty. Through the Christian environment displayed on campus, the energy and excitement around college life is that much better. I believe Anderson University is an amazing choice for those seeking an amazing college experience.

Stefan

Anderson University overall is a fantastic university, beautiful campus, amazing community of students, faculty, and professors. The drawbacks come from the inordinate amount of control exerted by the Souther Baptist Convention which imposes rules including RSVP between men's and women's dorms. Residence Life and Admissions work together very well, but focus mostly on incoming freshmen on which there is no cap, creating housing issues for rising sophomores-seniors. Overall very good experience, but with several significant drawbacks.

madison

i am going to visit because i got something in the mail and they want me to visit. I did not go because my youth had a problem sorry.

Alexandria

Anderson is a really great place to go to school if you're looking for a small school without a party scene. Every person on campus really cares about one another, including the faculty and staff! We're also located about 30 minutes from Clemson and 10 minutes from Lake Hartwell, so there's always something to do if you're actively looking for it!

Anderson University is great because it has given me the opportunity to go to school when I never thought I could. As an adult with children, I thought going to college was not an option for me. Anderson University has not only helped me to accomplish going to school, but they have been so nice and helpful with whatever issues I have had along the way. The Christian environment is also a huge plus for this school. This University has definitely brought me closer to God.

Jordan

Located in the Bible Belt of South Carolina, Anderson University is a private, Baptist college that is an amazing place to be both spiritually and non spiritually, academically, and athletically (there is no football, however). The relationships between the students and faculty, whether it be professors, the janitorial team, RAs, cafeteria staff, are very personal in the sense that it is a very caring environment to be in. There is always an activity to get involved with and always a smiling face nearby. I could not have chose a better college to spend four years.

I've enjoyed the school overall. I love the Christian, community environment, and the people are just as friendly as they were when I toured the school. My favorite aspect of the school is the close faculty-to-student ratio. Because classes are small, I can always get help from teachers, and they know students by name. The biggest weakness of the school is the parking. It's really tough to commute, but living on campus is pricey. You really have to weight the pros and cons.

Vaneswims

Anderson University is an extremely peculiar place. The school tours will convince you of the unity and excitement the school portrays but it's the furthest thing from the truth. I live about 1,300 miles away from Anderson University. The move was a big one for me, I committed to Anderson University as an Student-Athlete, and the only true information I had to persuade my decision was what I was told on my tour of the campus. The campus its self if very well kept. Flowers bloom all over campus in the spring, the trees are covered in snow in the fall, the streets are kept nice and snow free. Athletics at AU are underrated. Not many students attend the games or support the teams, never the less like in all movies, the football team is pretty awful. AU does have great athletes scattered around, and our facilities are pretty well kept. The dorms are nothing less than okay. Students are placed in dorms based on their year of school and are only allowed to live in the campus apartments or off campus as juniors and seniors, making living very inconvenient for many. The food at AU is close to awful, except for Chik-Fil-A and the student choice of restaurant every semester. Education wise, the classes are challenging and demanding, the school does a very good job at making sure you pass your classes without any possible way of "getting by." The professors are extremely accessible and are willing to meet after office hours. The university in general is a very safe place, the rules are a little bit ridiculous but it is a christian based university. We are required to attend chapel twice a week and although it seems like a hassle, it gives students a quick hour to get some last minute homework done or have that spiritual time. AU is a place for an acquired taste, it takes some time to get used to its rules and expectations but once you settle in it grows on you.

Cassandra

It's a great university and the feeling of community is unreal. There is always something to do and always someone ready to help you out. I love it. It's like a home away from home. the food could be better here but they do have a Chick-fil-a in the cafeteria. Within my first weekend on campus I met more people than I can count.

Mary

The dorms are nicely sized and the rooms are in good condition. It's a Christian based campus so Greek life, drinking, and drugs are not encouraged on campus. However, they do have a lot of clubs you can join. The dance program has plenty of opportunities to see professional shows in the big city, work with guest artists, and get great internships. The department also provides an education in different forms of dance like Modern, Ballet, Jazz, Improvization, Tap, etc. You will be pushed to your limits, but you will grow.

I like that this school feels like a community, and that the professors seem to take an interest in the student's lives. Also, I just like that it is a Christian school. I wish it was a little more outgoing in it's profession of Christ, but maybe I just haven't seen that part of it yet.

Timothy

I think that Anderson University is a great college. Its small size allows for better student teacher interaction. I really appreciate the Christian atmosphere. I understand that that isn't for everyone but for me and what I need, Anderson University is the best college.

Karielle

I absolutely love Anderson University and would recommend it to any student still looking for their dream school. It is a small campus, but I have grown so much in my faith and my walk with God while getting a great academic experience, as well. The music program, where I spend all of my time, is wonderful and there is never a dull moment.

Overall the school is okay. There are definitely things about the campus life, and groups that I would change. I feel as though there isn't a lot of clubs tailored towards specific interest on campus, and that was something I was looking forward to in college. I think the academics are very good though, and often enjoy all of my classes and teachers. I think it really comes down to what is important to you in deciding whether to come here or not.

Alexis

Anderson University is the college for any student with a desire to be within a positive Christian-based environment. Positivity is within the student body and within the professors. Campus involvement is not an issue at AU! There are plenty of opportunities to express your interests throughout campus. Every college isn't perfect as there are cons and pros. The college journey is special at Anderson University.

Zhanel

I's a good faith driven school. The academics are great and people are fairly nice. The area is a bit dull not great for more city driven people. Good place for purely academic focus. There are a extracurricular things on campus but not very many and not much variety.

Madison

I adore my University, because the atmosphere here is unlike any other. I have had the best college experience here at Anderson University, and my professors are willing to help me at any time of the day. I know I always have caring teachers who I can come to for any reason. The academics are amazing, because the professors love to get us actively involved with the material. We also incorporate our faith into the material we learn. Overall, my University is one of the most welcoming and reliable I have seen. I love going to class everyday, because I look forward to seeing friends and having such great professors. The campus is beautiful, and we have many extracurricular activities.

Allison

Anderson is a wonderful, Christ centered university! Everyone is so welcoming. The faculty and staff care about each individual student and helping them succeed. The Honor’s Program here is a step above the rest. It challenges the students to think critically about issues facing today’s world from a Christian perspective.

Allison

Nathan

Anderson University is a wonderful place where excitement for learning is cultivated and through mentoring-style teaching students blossom into the professionals they were meant to be. The each departments is not just a group of people studying the same major. Each department is a unique group of individuals who form relationships, trade favors, and help each other reach their goals.

I have only been attending for a semester, and judging overall it has been a really good school. They could definitely work on the food that is served in the cafeteria, but the plus is Chick-fil-a is always an option! Also, it can be hard at times to get an response from faculty, and the registering process is quite ridiculous.

Noel

Anderson University is a versatile university offering many different paths for students to take. With its religious touch, students get a well-rounded education, not only about their chosen field, but about life as well. Anderson University makes individuals feel at home and I would recommend the university to anyone and everyone.

Jordan

There is so much to say AU has got to be the greatest school in the country. From class size to the availability of the professors to the beauty of the campus I halve to give au a 5 star rating. Everyone on campus is like a family member, if you're having a bad day many people (some you've never met) will stop to see if they can help. There is always something going on on campus so after your finished with your studies your never board.

Madison

Anderson University is a wonderful University for academics. Here you will get everything you need in order to succeed in the world. The school is filled with many opportunities to get involved. Students are able to get involved in clubs, athletics, and academics very easily. Anderson University is a family.

Corrina

I find that Anderson University is a very safe Christian oriented school, and the professors are wonderful. However, the school lacks diversity as far as activities, students, and weekend life. Most students go home on the weekends because they are from Anderson, and upperclassmen are only on campus for classes. The area is not a college town so there is very little to do on the weekends, and I have found that it is hard to make friends because a lot of friend groups are already established.

ashley

Anderson University is a place that felt like home the moment I toured the school. With its welcoming and Christian environment, you always feel welcomed, safe, and encouraged. The staff at AU is truly unmatched. As afraid as I was to move away from home, it was an easy transition because of the environment and reputation of this university. Anderson University truly is my second home and has such a precious place in my heart.

I think that Anderson University is a very good school for academics. They make sure to maintain a very modern and up to date view on academics and research. They also do well to work you not only towards a career, but towards higher education. THat being said I think the university could do for some modernization of campus amenities and might be better off if it relinquished it's private status to the state and become a small state school. It is currently private and I think it suffers because at time private beliefs get in the way of education.

Dora

I absolutely love Anderson University!! It has the small size, home town feel I was looking for while being a busy, active campus and learning center ! The class size is phenomenal and the professors are amazing! Loved my experience so far! I would definitely recommend Anderson University !

Josiah

Anderson University has a wonderful community and a generally welcoming atmosphere. The campus is small, but that's not a bad thing. The teachers are helpful for the most part and the student led activities are amazing. It's a good place and definitely worth the money.

Tia

Anderson University is a great campus. There are plenty of opportunities for pretty much everyone. You will leave well rounded and prepared for the real world. The Christian environment is provided, but not too overwhelming. If you want to get plugged in with Christian organizations there are opportunities for you, but if you don't, there are still places for you to get plugged into campus.

Joshua

Anderson University is a great school. They have activities throughout the year and have plenty of intramural sports going throughout the year. All the professors know students by name and treat them as a person instead of a number. The campus is conveniently located within 5 minutes of downtown Anderson.

Anderson University is a Private Christian University and I must say that the atmosphere is great. I had attended a state-funded university prior, but I find that the students, teachers and staff are friendly, supportive and inclusive. I have never attended a school before where I felt such support. The professors really want you to succeed. Your success is just as important to them as it is to you. The class sizes are great and there is always an opportunity for one-on-one teaching. The professors are very accessible and some even give their cell numbers in the syllabus. AU is in a smaller town than say USC or Duke but if a more intimate, non-city paced environment is something you're looking for, this college has it. And when you want to experience the big city, the campus is close to Greenville.

Clinton

I am very excited to be enrolling and attending Anderson University in the Fall of 2020. I have been on campus several times and each time the experience has been better than the one prior. The staff and students are more than welcoming and I feel like I have made the best choice and decision to choose this University.

Destiny

I loved Anderson when I visited this past weekend. Originally I was confused about where I wanted to go to for college, but after visiting this school, it seems like a perfect fit for me. The atmosphere was welcoming and the campus itself was beautiful. There was endless clubs to join and feel apart of the society and community at Anderson University. I am most excited about the nursing program. It is top in the state, with the only nursing program in South Carolina with a cadaver lab. I can't wait for the highest technological simulation labs. One of the pregnant simulations even talks and follows you around the room with its eyes. The counselors there are extemely helpful in making sure you not only succeed in college, but also in your future career.

Catherine

When I first stepped onto Anderson's campus, I knew I would be calling this place my home. What really stood out to me was the Christian atmosphere; being a Christian Studies major, that was one of the most important things to me. Anderson has brought me lifelong friends and continues to amaze me with how the facutly also helps me feel as home. Anderson University may be small but it sure is a special place.

Daniel

I am attending Fall 2019. I was impressed with the Christian worship they have every Wednesday from10:10 to 11:10z. We will never have aclass during that time. The student center is amazing. Large variety of food. My major actually has there on building about 5 minutes away.

Abigail Parker

Anderson University is a wonderful school that brings community, arts, and academics to each and every student. My senior year I had great difficulty choosing a university because a great deal of the colleges I looked at seemed to be full of cliques and groups that looked difficult to break into. Anderson was the one school I knew that I would be welcomed in without having to be anything but myself. That has proved to be true from the moment I applied and I do not foresee that ever changing. If we are being totally honest: the female dorms are incredible but the male freshman dorms are questionable. Anderson is predominantly female which means that most of the housing offered on campus is for girls. Furthermore, it means that the ideal living spaces are designated to females. I could not be more in love with my living space but, I do know multiple guys with miserable living spaces. Like any school Anderson has its drawbacks, bad dorms, bad cafeteria food, and not much going on around campus but, I know that no other school could make me as socially and academically happy. Anderson University is a wonderful school and I am honored to be a student here.

kaitlyn

I love Anderson! It really is one big family! I love the housing as well! Classes are very rigorous but rewarding! The only problem is the parking! There are so many ways to get involved like campus ministries! I would recommend Anderson University to most people!

Bethany

Wonderful people. amazing environment. beautiful campus. Small, interactive classes. Plenty of diverse groups and events all week for everyone. In fact, we joke here you have to learn to say no to some events because there are so many things to do with friends when you aren't​ busy studying.

I love Anderson University. Besides the high tuition price, you find yourself in a happy and comforting community. It feels like a huge home for everyone, and you get a well rounded education. While some things on campus aren’t perfect, I still find myself happy to be there and loving every moment of it. I’m thankful for the professors that help me through everything and are very considerate. It’s overall an amazing school.

I toured over half of the schools in South Carolina my junior year of high school and Anderson stood out the most to me. Everyone at all of the colleges I visited looked so upset and just not happy overall. As soon as we stood on the campus of Anderson all of the students were so welcoming and went out of their way to hold a door or to say how Anderson is the best school and to go there. I am proud to say that I am Trojan!

Rylee

Please visit our campus and you'll find all the answers you're looking for..