Andrews University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Andrews University

Erin

Andrews University is a small private university that does not really change. It's hard to make big changes around campus because the process is difficult. Everything is not catered towards what the student body wants or needs and so it can be rather difficult at times. It seems like there is no connection between administration and students. The classroom sizes are quite nice, the teacher to student ratio is small and light making interpersonal relationships with Professors doable.

Kay

Most of the teachers/professors are really helpful.

Danielle

I really enjoyed my time here and took away a lot from my experience. Since there's not particularly a lot to do off campus, the people really matter, and the people there are generally nice and welcoming. The professors know your name after one time meeting them, and they have a personal interest in watching you succeed. There are few other schools that have professors who love the students this much. It is an Adventist school, so sometimes, it might be difficult to get used to the culture, especially coming from the public school system, but once you get adjusted, there are a lot of hidden gems at Andrews University.

Alexa

Overall, Andrews University is a good school. It is small, so class sizes are small which I like. I am not a fan of the strict rules, for example: having to attend chapels twice a weeks and the early curfews. The food could be better, they really try too hard sometimes. The social life is better than one might expect.

Carson

Save your mind and your money.... if you are a minority, female, Democrat, LGBT, or non-SDA you will be persecuted, harassed, and verbally abused by faculty and others... don't think of this mindless hole of a place as a university. It is cult driven and very intolerant of others who do not bow to their deranged viewpoint.

Pepi

Attending a Seventh-Day Adventist school has its cons and perks. Andrews is known for being one of the most diverse schools with cultures cross wide. You are guaranteed to meet people from all over the world. Academics are also very important at the school as we house some of the best programs.

Meckayla

I absolutely love Andrews University! This was my first choice in my list of colleges, and I am honestly glad that I decided to come here. The people, the atmosphere, the campus and the academics are great! There are a number of school clubs to choose from, and there are always things going on on campus. I particularly love that everyone is very kind here, and the school is exceptionally diverse; I've made friends from Panama, England, Brazil, Korea, the Philippines, Chile, and Rwanda. Students are also exposed to many opportunities to experience different cultures and countries through study abroad tours and mission trips. There is honestly no other college that I would rather be at. Andrews will forever be my favorite school of all time!

Vincent

I greatly enjoy Andrews University for its graduate program that I am a student in. The school is religious based and I myself am not faith based, even still the school is very open to and accepting of my individual perspective. There is not much of a sports presence nor is there really a city life, but on campus there is a close community and many opportunities.

Shekla

Andrews University is an amazing school. The Professors are highly educated, well rounded individuals and they take the time to know the students. There are many opportunities on campus to get involved. The university also makes it easy to go on various mission trips. Overall, it's a school that is guaranteed to be satisfying to those looking for a strong education.

Heather

Great Christian atmosphere. I just wish the cost was lower and there weren't cocurricular requirements!!

Michelle

It's a great environment for students to come and learn. The diversity that Andrews University brings is one of the strong points along with the Christ centred environment that it provides. As an international student ,it was important for me to find a university that would remind me of home. Being here in Berrien Springs, Michigan reminds me of the years I spent at Northern Caribbean University, Jamaica, now ranked as number one in the country. Andrews University is conducive not only for Christian learning but helps us a students to develop our wellbeing holistically to be leadership of the future.

Venecia

The most attractive part of Andrews University would be the welcoming atmosphere. Here you come as a trembling new student, but leave with a new found confidence in yourself installed by the professors, classmates, and staff. Although there is always room for improvement, one can really feel the campus pride-- the unity of all being Andrews University students. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this university so far.

Allegra

Andrews is a great place to both study and make lifelong friends. 2 hours away from the closest big city, (Chicago), students have the opportunity to hunker down, master their academics, and go out to change the world. The semi-rural surroundings do provide opportunities to spend time in nature. Evening walks, snow-tubing during the winter months, and berry-picking are all well-liked pastimes. The beach and several local eateries are also student favorites. Two of the best things about Andrews are: 1) the spiritual culture and study tours. Students are encouraged to not only develop themselves professionally and academically, but also to take care of their spirit. Also, most departments plan study tours throughout the school year in a variety of locations around the world. Whether scuba diving in the Dominican Republic for spring break, skiing the slopes of Colorado, or on safari in Tanzania, there is a trip for everyone.

Xavier

This school has its own airstrip I mean wow seeing planes taking off and landing is so cool. The campus is beautiful and the staff there is so interacting and helpful. The places nearby might be a little far but they're some cool places to have fun and get supplies from.

Laeken

The dorms are small and the building are old but God is there. Student and facility are nice and care about you being there. It is expensive but it’s worth it for the experience through God. However they do not have any sports so that is rather unfortunate.