Angelina College Top Questions

Kelsey

I remember my senior year like it was yesterday. The advice I would give myself is to take this critical year seriously, but enjoy every minute because it goes faster then you hope. I would tell myself to actually pay attention to my studies because it will help me next year in college. I would tell my youngerself to learn how to get organized, so it would not be such a struggle my first semester in college. Also, I would tell myself to develop a study habit that works for me for I can excel in my studies.

Evelyn

I would tell myself to do more research for colleges and financial aid. I would have told myself to be more prepared. If I had done more research into colleges, I would have been able to find the college that I wanted to transfer to for my bachelor's degree and been able to plan for that college. If I had done more research for financial aid, I would have found all of the scholarships that I didn't know about at the time. I might have been awarded more than just one scholarship for this past year. I also might have been awarded more grants for this past year as well. I would have known that it is better to apply early each year. I also would have found other grants that are not offered by the federal and state governments. If I had been more prepared for college instead of putting it off, I might have received more financial help.

Jordan

I would tell myself to pursue my dreams in life and focus on educatation to broaden my mind and give myself a sense of awareness of what my passion in life is. It is one thing to have goals when you are a senior in high school but what most seniors don't do is APPLY what they have learned to find their passion in life. I personally had no understanding of what to do in life when coming out of high school. Reality hit me hard, the reality is having the education and grasping on to the knowledge to be successful and to love what you are doing in life. Transitioning from high school to college is going from a teenager to an adult. It sounds simple but is the most difficult task one can do because it's the process of growing up and being successful. I would tell myself be successful not just by thinking of the great pay from a great job but having an understanding of different cultures, our history, loving the world around us - and only that success will come from education!

Elisa

The advice I would give myself would be too study harder and plan ahead. When I came into college I thought I was ready to go but I had lack of information and if I would have had more I would have applied for more scholarships. Right now, I am struggling to raise the money to pay for my education at Texas A&M University because I need to transfer there to pursue my career.

Ryan

I would tell myself "first and foremost: take it easy on the extra-curricular activities until you get adjusted to the college life. You will have the rest of your life to do the fun things, but your college career is the most important thing in your life right now. Once you learn how to study and get get good grades then you can ease into adding the extras. There is nothing wrong with occasionally going out for pizza with your friends, but for the majority of the time, stick with the Ramen Noodles while studying. Also, statistics is terribly difficult! So just because you like math, don't think you're going to breeze through the class. A college education is nothing like high school, you're going to have to work your tail off to get good grades. You can do it, but I guarantee it won't be easy. One last thing, surround yourself with classmates who are committed to doing their best in college; that way, when things are going tough for you, they will help you keep your eyes focused on your education. Good luck!"

Delaney

I would tell myself to take college classes during high school so I could get ahead. I would also tell myself to worry less about who you're dating and more about experiencing high school and all that goes along with it.

Catryna

I would give myself the advice of lwarning how to study. Before i started college i never had to study it wasnt neccessary, but as a college student there is a lot more studying than i ever dreamed of.