Anna Maria College Top Questions

Rosaria

To not take things for granted. Work hard during the year and maintain a high academic standing.To be involved on and off campus in programs/organizations that will not only help you grow but allows you to help others as well.

regina

i have not had a college experience yet seeing that it is going to be my freshman year. i am the first of my family to go to college and hopefully get a job i enjoy. that is the true reason college is very important to me.

Keep going man! --- I am who I am, and wouldn't change it.

I would have gone to a good art school.

I would tell myself that to make sure you keep focused on your classes instead of getting caught up with people that cause problems. I would tell myself to make sure I take less classes so I can actually handle all of them.

Hiliary

I would tell myself to be more involved in on campus clubs and be more social within the groups. Dont keep to yourself, its okay to have more friends than just your roomate. Stay away from the snooty girls, they cannot be trusted. Take full advantage of the learning center, and dont wait until the last minute to do projects!!

Allexa

Be open to anything, cherish the relationships you find, and don't be afraid to get involved.

Elaine

Look for a college that has the best interest of your professional career, but also one that allows you to relax and have some fun once you have finished your course work. It is all included in the experience that will define you during (and after) your college career.

Stefanie

Don't go to a college just because you want to stay with your friends. Find a college environment that you feel comfortably being in. The key is enjoying the environment and having a staff that will help and encourae you along the way.

When finding the right college research is key. Use the internet to visit college websites and any articles/reviews of the colleges your interested in. Call the college and talk to everyone you can about admissions, resident life, financial aid, acedemics, etc. Going on a campus tour is crucial. Visit the campus when students are not on break and go on a weekend. This way you can really get a feel for student life on campus. This is the best way to really know what your getting into with a college. By talking to and seeing it helps to understand how everyone is treated, students, parents, faculty, etc. As an incoming freshman, everyone will tell you that the quickest way to make friends and to make the most of your college experience is to get involved. This is true. Being away from home with people you do not know can be very scary. However, you can't let that stop you from meeting people. Even if you think the activities or events are ridiculous, you would be amazed by how many people attend and it really is the fastest way to make friends and become comfortable with college life.

Jesus

Dont settle just on applying for one or two but look at your options and than make a decision and eventhough its easier to go to college at a school near your house, always look at colleges and universities accross the nation becasue you might find something that you will like. Also enjoy your college experience and try everything from going to a school concert to volunteering, from visiting the school library to playing a varsity sport. College is an experience that one must notpass by becasue it something that can change your life and get to know people cause they might be your future bosses or maybe life friends!

Alisha

Finding the right school is hard. Definetly apply to more than one school so you are not stuck applying to just one school and getting rejected. To make your college experience a good one, is make the most of it, make new friends, participate in sports, the drama club, whatever it is that you like. Its just 4 years, but it is the fastest 4 years of your life. Make it last and make it worth it. Like someone once said, if your life flashes before your eyes, make it worth watching. Just have fun!

There are several important things to take into account. Size, for instance, is incredibly important because at a large school you can get lost in the crowd and at a small school you'll get a lot of individual attention, which can be a good or bad thing. Also, usually, what you here about a school, for the most part, is true. If it's rumored that a school is a "party school", then it probably is. That's not to say that schools without a reputation for partying don't party too, but they're usually more careful about it. The type of atmosphere is also important. When you visit a campus, and every student you meet says hello, or offers a welcoming smile, you know you've got a winner.