Anne Arundel Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Anne Arundel Community College

Brandy

Anne Arundel community college is a wonderful school that connects many different people together to learn more, allowing us to make new friends and do more outside of the classroom. Sports there is a great thing to get into. Also covid is happening this year so wasn't in class things but on zoom we still get the same experience just not in person.

Miranda

It is a great college for students who don't know what they want to do yet, people who want to learn or better themselves, and people who just want to get most of their undergrad done without paying a 4-year university cost. The professors are amazing, much better than the 4-year university I briefly attended in New York. That being said, there isn't much to do on campus in terms of clubs, organizations, and sports. But that is to be expected, it is a community college. Many of the people you meet here aren't interested in being friends because they will, most likely, be gone the next year or semester to another university. Overall, great school.

Mara

Anne Arundel Community College is a great start for those who are just graduating high school or those who are going back to college. The teachers are typically there to help. There is no on campus housing for students but there are places near by to live at. Currently building a new science building. Overall clean bathrooms and campus. Wheelchair friendly and has plenty of parking for students, faculty, and visitors. There is a Chick-Fil-A on campus and a Subway!

Kaitlyn

It's very affordable for a community college. The locations aren't in the most opportune places. One is in the mall parking lot that holds a casino and is not the safest for students to go to. The main campus is in a good location and easy to find. Physically attending classes can be difficult do to the layout of the campus as well as class sizes. Online classes are better in the sense that you receive more one on one with other students and the professor.

Wendy

Not a bad school, small but good class options.

Morgan

Anne Arundel Community College is an excellent transitional step to a four-year college. The faculty has set me up to be a successful student in more ways than one. Most of the professors are excellent. The tuition is reasonable and affordable. The campus is safe and clean. Commuting to this college is a breeze. If I could earn a Bachelor's degree from this school, I would do it with no hesitation.

Sari

Anne Arundel Community College was ranked one of the best colleges in the Country. Some local colleges accept AACC transfer credits, which is helpful. It's a great college with a supportive community. AACC is great for students who don't want to automatically go to University. If I could I would give AACC 4 1/2 star rating.

Anthony

Anne Arudnel Community College is a fantastic establishment. Not only do I gain so much knowledge from the faculty, I also have enhanced my social skills. At Anne Arundel Community College, diversity is key. I am able to collaborate and socialize with students of all backgrounds

Denise

Anne Arundel Community College is a great way to have an early head start in your major while still being involved within the community. My schedule is extremely flexible. I think that my favorite part of Anne Arundel Community College is the bookstore and the school website, it helps you navigate around campus straight from home!

I haven't started yet, but I have been here at least 2 to 3 times this summer already. It makes me feel safe and secure, the faculty is very warm and welcoming, and the students who go here are very helpful. I heard it was the top rated community college in the whole state of Maryland and in the United States. I am very happy in my decision to stay home and take my first 2 years of classes at Anne Arundel Community College. I cannot wait to start! Go Riverhawks!!!

Michelle

As a part time student, I value accessibility, safety, and quality of learning. Anne Arundel Community College is outside of the county in which I live, however, the main campus keeps very convenient hours. My teachers can always be contacted and I can expect a speedy reply. The teachers are knowledgeable and are willing to share that knowledge.

Raquel

The teachers are amazing, and very flexible. Despite the academic resources having limited hours (due to it being a community college), all the staff are very knowledgeable and incredibly helpful, and virtual writing and math labs are great for people who can't make it to a library in person. There are so many different kinds of classes, yo can pretty much study anything if you're a transfer studies student. We also have the best nursing program in the state. I hear, so that's definitely something to be proud of.

Emiley

Anne Arundel Community College offers decent general classes and a good basis for recent high school graduates to start college without a large pricetag. Professors are hit or miss in terms of availability, helpfulness, and in displaying knowledge on their topic. The location is close to small shopping centers and gas stations off of a busy and traffic congested highway that leads to many local attractions. Overall, the college is one for starting and transferring to, not for completing degrees. It offers a great base for students to gather knowledge, credits, and ideas before jumping off into university level life.

Joy

Anne Arundel Community College is a fairly nice environment to learn in. The professors and advisers and nearly all the staff are really supportive and are interested in the success of their students. There is diversity among the students and it is a safe space for generally anyone. Classes are very inclusive and convenient and simply put fun. The variety of extracurricular activities is also really inviting and allows students to develop relationships on campus. Everyone is so nice, the students, faculty and staff just genuinely kind people. I have never heard of any misconduct or mistreatment towards anyone on campus ever. Overall this college is really a wonderful place and the food options are stellar. Chick Fil A and a Subway on campus. As well as a cafeteria and the food is actually pretty yummy.

Lauryn

it is a good school with good teachers. It is not very expensive and it is has a large variety of classes that make it easy to choose a perfect schedule. There are always nice people around to help you out if you are confused. The staff is very friendly and helpful at all times. They are true to their operation hours.

Nathan

AACC is a college only good enough to duel enroll while also in high school. The campus is fairly nice and the professors are mostly accessible and well put together. However, the campus life is mostly nonexistent and the classes are way to easy to fudge your way through.

Kenneth

As my first year at Anne Arundel community college nears its end, I reflected on the past 9 months and realized that the school has already helped me grow as a person, bringing me far from a dark place that I couldn’t escape when the school year first started.  After graduating high school, I soon realized just how many of my close friends would be branching out onto different paths, and how many I could realistically keep in touch with. Over the summer, these dawning thoughts sent me into a miniature period of seclusion and left me feeling depressed. Luckily, the college highly recommends that new students visit a counselor as soon as they can to avoid going through problems like that. The fact that they knew students could fall into slumps like this and took immediate action truly says something about how much they care. The classes on campus and online are incredibly diverse, ranging from culinary to cybersecurity. I have taken nine so far and each of them have been welcoming while at the same time, preparing you for success in the course. The classes aren’t something you can simply breeze by though and do require your attention in and out of school. With schedule balance and clever planning, I managed to master my classes.   Along with classes, Anne Arundel also contains an amazing wide variety of clubs and associations to join. I would say the freedom and availability of these new groups helped me in the long run, as I decided to work with a club that would soon help me overcome my seclusion. Inspired by their goal to help others that struggle with integration into a new lifestyle, I joined the S.O.D.A Club (Students out to Destroy Assumptions), a group dedicated to assisting disabled students to make life on campus a bit easier for them. It was these options and opportunities to branch out with other groups that helped me in the long run. By joining the S.O.D.A Club, I was able to meet more people and get more comfortable with others that I just met. Along with clubs, I was able to meet and create a group of friends that share the same interests as me. Surrounded by friends and new exciting opportunities, I’ve come a very long way from the beginning of the year and to be honest, I’m not sure if the same would have been said had I started my first year at any other institution.

Kaylyn

AACC is a place to discover yourself, your passions, and your career choice. They allow all kinds of classes from Forensics to Basket Weaving, all at a cheap price. They also offer early action for high school seniors who want to get more experience early on or get necessary classes over with.

Dylan

I'm a High School graduate, and AACC has always been referred to me as a "great and fantastic school" and boy were those people right. The campus itself is clean and well maintained. The staff are smart and more than happy to help. To top it all off, AACC's online student facilities are unmatched. I've never seen an online workplace as neatly laid out and intuitive to use. Only downside I have is there's no on-campus living. But that's perfectly acceptable as it's not a university.

Tanairryn

Although it is a community college, AACC has amazing opportunities for its students. The classes are great and so are the extra curricular opportunities.

Kaitlyn

It is a good school in my opinion. I like the library but would like more study rooms. They do a lot of tours for middle and high school so it can get a little noise at times but for the most part is quiet. Good and helpful teachers and if you feel that the teacher is not right for you they wont give you any issues withdrawing from that particular class.

Ashanti

I think that it is a great school. It is academically challenging, but manageable. There are also a lot of extracurricular activities to get involved in. This school saved me when I was in a rough place college wise, and they gave me a place to learn and continue my education. I am grateful to them for that.

Sabelo

The school is really open and great for freshman in college. The teachers are easy to find and get along with, its not as busy as a public college so theirs less tension. Overall I made a good decision coming to AACC before I went to any major colleges.

I love it! It gets most of your Gen-ed classes done and over with. The teachers are very healthful and reliable. Clean campus, very friendly. I feel safe walking from classes or to my car. Only downside is small bookstore, expensive books, and admission office can be rude as well as advisors. I give AACC 4 stars.

Anais

AACC is the best community college to go to! The students are friendly and the clubs always have something fun going on to engage students to join. Also, the class sizes are smaller and the professors actually want to help you succeed. They provide so many opportunities for families, military members, and students in general. Anne Arundel Community College is the college to attend.

Gabriella

Amazing school with so many awesome teachers. There are always bad apples, but most of the teachers are very well versed in their subject and take the time to help each student. The school atmosphere is great too, everyone is encouraging everyone to do well.

makayla

The school is a great transition school for students who are t ready for a four year but need to move on in their life. There are lots of opportunities on campus to father yourself. They hold job fairs on campus and fun activities for all students of all ages.

Sophia

it seems the perfect college for the academics and activities i plan i going for. This is the first school i am interested in going to, better than previous school i have looked before. it is a school i can see myself enjoying and doing great in.

Jymyaka

There is no on-campus housing but the overall experience is good. We are very aware and plugged into to the local community. I enjoy my classmates and the professors. The school seems to really understand that we are dynamic people and have real lives and needs. This is a great place to be a young person fresh out of high school or an adult continuing your educational path.

Anne Arundel Community College is an excellent school to prepare for transfer to a four-year college. It can also prepare students for a career if they do not wish to pursue further degrees. The community is great and the teachers are caring, creating strong relationships with their students - something you won't find in bigger schools.

Ty

Anne Arundel Community College is a great school to attend. Senior year of high school I got into all of the schools but due to financial reasons and being unsure of what I wanted to study I decided to go to Anne Arundel Community College to explore all the different majors and decide what I wanted to study. After my first semester at Anne Arundel Community College I ended with a 3.5 GPA. The class size is small, which I absolutely love because I feel that when class sizes are smaller students get more attention and have a better learning experience. AACC also has a bunch of fun activities, clubs, and sports that everyone can enjoy. I can confidently say that AACC truly cares about your education and wants you to succeed in life and to "redefine yourself".

I love AACC online classes are easy to access and the teachers are always there to help they offer a lot of choices for help in your classes as well. The schools fine arts and sports are big on and off campus, you are always able to access your grades and keep your self in the loop when you need help or if you just want to go see a football game or a dance performance.

Martia

AACC is a great community college that offers professors who also work at nearby universities. It allows students to pay less and get a good education at the same time. The ratio from students to professors varies through each class but is not larger than 50. It is a small campus school that allows people to interact daily.

Emmalie

I think Anne Arundel Community College is a great school. The class sizes are small enough that the teachers actually know your name. Classmates are able to work together more often because of this as well. The campus is not too big so it's easy to navigate around from building to building once you get the hang of it. They are always trying to advance technologies and stay within the times so that we are able to have a high education.

Carly

AACC is a wonderful start for anyone who’s going to college for the first time. AACC has wonderful professors who are assessable outside the classroom. They also have a variety of clubs and sports to get the students engaged. They will also provide job fair to get their students exposure and provide them with career opportunities.

Anna-Lyn

Anne Arundel Community College has a small campus, but I feel safe and confident. Since it is more of a small campus, the classes are also minimal. Personally, I really like the minimal classes because it is not as nerve racking and the professors are more likely to get to know each student individually. The student and professors are always driven and eager to learn or teach, which is motivating to myself and others on campus. Anne Arundel Community College is a great place to start or pursue your college career for anyone at any age.

Ellis

Anne Arundel Community College is a very friendly and proactive environment. The professors are all intelligent and friendly, the students are bright, and the college gives you plenty of tools to ready yourself for the real world. It is also a good place to prepare you for transferring over to university. If anyone wants to go to college, then this is definitely the place to help get your feet wet and see what you want to do.

Carter

I approve of this college all the way

Tamara

Anne Arundel Community College is a great starter school before going to a university. They are affordable in price and you are able to get a great education. The professors and patient and understanding but treat you like a adult . The college is flexible for you to work and a have life.

India

AACC is a great community college to start off your career. This is my first year and I am a Nursing Transfer Major because I want to transfer to a four year school after my two years at AACC to get my Bachelors degree in Nursing. It is very affordable for those looking to save some money. They also offer many programs for you to start a career after 2 years. The nursing program for example is wonderful. They offer different career paths such as EMT, Registered Nurse, Massage Therapist, Physician Assistant, and more. The professors there are very helpful toward their students with open office hours, tutoring, and emailing you when you have questions on assignments. The Academic Advisors are very helpful when it comes to making choices towards your academic goals and scheduling. AACC is very diverse and friendly. I would definitely recommend this school to a lot of high school graduates who may not know what they want to do as a career yet because they have a infinite amount of careers to choice from in different fields. It is one of the best community colleges that was recommended to me while I was in high school.

Gina

As I finish my last semester, I have no regrets choosing to go here before a four-year. The professors want you to succeed, and the on campus resources are great. There are many things, like career-counseling and health services, that I didn't know about until my second year at the institution. I wish the school would promote these more, they're very helpful and I feel like a majority of the students don't know about them. Little do those students know, their student fees pay for these resources!

Anne Arundel Community College was an amazing start to my college career. Class sizes were beneficial to learning, as the professors were able to converse with us one on one often. All professors responded to emails within 24 hours. The atmosphere is welcoming and intellectual. You could often see students working together on projects, art displayed everywhere, and sports teams practicing. I personally loved AACC and learned so much from my classes there. I would recommended AACC to all my friends, and all parents. It is financially an outstanding choice, the professors are top notch and very proficient, and the campus is safe and inviting.

Kiara

It is an awesome college for people that are looking for a two year community college to attend before going to the four year college. It has amazing programs that will allow you to get the education you need. They also have sports in order for you to get involved.

Sara

A very nice community college! Definitely get your gen ed requirements done here if you want to save money. There are also a variety of clubs at the school, including a very nice Gay Straight Alliance club! You'll generally feel welcome here, no matter your age, gender, race, or sexuality.

Rebecca

Anne Arundel Community College is a great school. I know lots of people who are going here along with me or have gone here that would approve along with me. There is a lot to do and many ways to do it. Also, There is always help when you need it in classrooms and outside of class.

Colleen

Anne Arundel Community College is a great way to start getting college credits after high school. The teachers are hands on and want you to succeed. Whether you just want a couple credits and then transfer to a four year school or you just want an associates degree and start working right away, AACC provides ample support and resources to help you accomplish your goals.