Lancaster, CA
Antelope Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Antelope Valley College

Alanna

Antelope Valley College is unique because it is a great stepping stone. It has many opportunities and you can branch out and really find what you are interested in. It is also a lot cheaper than a four year university, so it is great just to get your feet wet in the world of college.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much and to believe in myself. When I was a senior, I was very nervous about starting college, and I worried excessively about how I would do. I skated through a lot of high school, yet I had absolutely no confidence in my ability to learn and do well in school. My first semester in college, I learned a lot about how college works, and I fell in love with college classes. I had two of the best teachers on campus, and I had the time of my life. I made a lot of friends that semester, too. So I would tell my younger self to just relax and to have faith in herself, to be confident in her abilities, because that is one of the biggest things college has taught me.

I do not know if there is any kind of person who shouldn't attend. Antelope Valley College is very diverse, and there are all kinds of people here, as well as all kinds of programs.

Danielle

There are so many things that can't be taught in a classroom. If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would teach myself several things that I've learned so far in my college career. First, I would explain that it's not a good idea to procrastinate on projects or papers, no matter how easy they may seem. It's a much better idea to start working on things little by little. All-nighters are no fun, especially when they can be avoided. This way, not only will I get a better grade, but my sleep schedule will thank me! Second, I would tell myself that it really is okay to wear hoodies and yoga pants to class every day. In college, nobody cares what other people wear. Everyone is focused on their own studies, and plus it's so much comfier! Lastly, I would tell myself to really live life and stop worrying about what other people think. A few years from now, those people won't even matter. If I were to talk to my high school self, I would remind myself to live my life for ME.

Dashanay

If i were able to go back in time as a high school senior, I would give my self the advice to keep striving for success and keep being motivated to do the right thing. Really work hard and be the best at everything you do because hard work pays off and at the end of the day when you overcome all of your trials and tribulations, you can become sombody no matter how hard it may become.

Jewel

If I were given the chance to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, with the knowledge of the college experiences and transitions, it would be a great opportunity and I would make sure to give myself the best advice to be prepared. To think of the experiences I've encountered since starting college, there are two important things I would want myself to know. I've learned that your family is your best support system, so I would definitely remind myself that they will always be there to help and offer anything needed. Stepping out of high school to begin a new path, I expected myself to stick to a plan for school, but futher into college I became interested in different career paths, definitely placing me in tough times when I wasn't sure what direction I was heading. This being one of the toughest experiences, the second and most important piece of my advice would not to be afraid of change, but only to embrace it. Change is not bad, but is the only process of growing. I'm happy to say college is one of the greatest experiences in life.

Honestly, the only thing worst is the parking. Several students are enrolled that parking takes a long time to find and can cause you to be late for class.

Waiting in long lines in the Student Services Department.

Its a educational facility that offers a variety of courses that gives its student the necessary skills to benefit themselves...

High school seemed hard at the time, but college is a whole different setting. Do not expect to hear bells ringing to let you know when it time to go to class.You have to be responsible.One thing you need to know is, although it may seem overwhelming at first, don't overthink it. It is still school. The subjects are just more complex. Focus is important but too much can just bring stress. Don't indulge in relaxation but still be relaxed. As a matter of fact ,steer away of the guys who wants to chill all the time. The most important thing to keep in mind is balance.. You should enjoy it and learn from it. The struggle makes the succes sweet, so don't give up. Expect to eat off the dollar menu more often. Finding a job that works well with your school schedule will help with financial stress and leave a bit extra money. Remember this is a very important time in your life. Make the best of it.

Daniel

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to wake up. Wake up to the reality of life and strive. Strive for what is the truth because the truth is what is right. Forget about the mass media, pop culture, distractions, and unimportant things that block us from the path of righteousness. Wake up and help your classmates to also look past the veil of ignorance that covers us all in our adolescent stage. I would tell myself to build a friendship between teachers instead of an ordinary student-teacher relationship, and take advantage of the knowledge and experience they posses. I would tell myself to also look for students who are also fearless of being different and knowing how to be a voice. I would tell myself to put in not only 100 percent of effort to succed, but 1000 percent. To criticize the student body and tell them to improve their ways of interacting, presenting, and representing lancaster hig school. To be an activist of peace and influence equality within all the students attending the school. Lastly, to try to make a new friend everyday.

People who are lazy and irresponsible should not attend this school because there are many people who need to attend this school to transfer to another campus. It takes responsibility and ambition to persevere to continue on chasing what you feel is right and what is important. In the beginning of the semester the campus is very much alive with students, but towards the end of the semester the number of students in class decrease. This shows that people just want the financial aid and take the place of the people who really want the education to continue their future.

I brag about how i can build a better relationship between the instructors and myself. Even though i attend a community college, my friends that go to universities have class room sizes much more bigger than the ones i do. For them it means building a relationtionship between the instructor is much more difficult, and i'm glad that i dont have to worry about that. I believe it is extremely important to establish that relationship with the instructor because i am able to ask for help with any problems i encounter.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that it is very important to know how to manage your time. In college your time is very tight unless you can balance everything. I would tell myself to get a day to day calender and schedule everyhting, even those times where you want to eat and sleep. Also, there is no watching TV while doing homework or eating while doing homework. Homework cannot be combined with any other activity because it does not really work. Even though I am in college its hard to think of what I would tell a younger me, because despite of that advice I think I am doing pretty well on my own.

I don't spen much time on campus, so I couldn't really say what is the worst thing about my school. I like everything about it, so far.

The Parking situation is the most frsutrating. There is construction at school and everyone wants to park towards the front of the campus so there is this big traffic line. I park towards the back of campus where there is no traffic, but I do have to walk.

Holly

I recently had the opportunity to talk to my younger sister about my experiences, good and bad, about college life, so I know exectly what I would say. I would say, "Holly, you can't do this alone! I know you are an independant person, and you love to problem solve and figure things out for yourself but college is just a little bit bigger than you. It takes a village to raise a child and it takes an entire school to graduate a successful student. And don't worry if all your parents can contribute to your college experience is a pat on the back. There are ways to pay as long a you have a dream. All the money in the world is worth nothing without that dream. Take it and run as fast as you can but please remember to slow down every now and again to enjoy what you are learning and the experiences that you are having. Maybe if you follow this advise, our children won't have to feel like they are doing it alone. One last thing, don't be afraid of that communication 101 class, it will be the best experience ever."

I wish I had known how hard it was to talk to anyone who was on my side. I have not had many positive experiences with the administration including: councelors and transfer advisors. From my experience, this school does not have the personnel that it takes to run a community college effectively and smoothly.

My class mates depend on what time of day I take class: in the early morning classes there are a lot of younger students who just graduated high school but think that they are still in that environment, and the evening classes are filled with working professionals who are very focused and driven to complete their degrees.

Alexis

If I could go back before May 2008 I would reassure myself that it is okay to start out at a junior college. Not only are the classes and campus more managable, but it also gives you a chance to do a little growing up. I realize now that it is not always best to move out straight out of high school since there is a lot of temptation and all the sudden a lot of freedom. At least with a community college there is a bit of a grace period. I would also say that while GPA and SAT scores are important they are not everything and that I should get out there and do something more than study. Lastly, I would remind myself that highschool is not everything and that there still is a lot of living to do outside of a classroom.

Someone who is unmotivated. In college the teachers do not care if you are failing, there is no note home when you fail a test and no call home when you are misbehaving. If you want to succeed it is on you. No one is there to hold your hand anymore.

When I talk about my school I say how nice it is having the smaller campus. I know where every building is and dont get overwhelmed when I get a new schedule and try to track down all the classrooms.

The school i currently attand would be known for the diversity of the courses they offer.

Stick with it and dont give up. School is the most important thing if you want to support your family.

I wish i had known just how fun school would be. I also wish i had known just how hard and expensive college is when you have a job and a family to take care of.

Antelope Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.