Lancaster, CA
Antelope Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Antelope Valley College

I have had many different types of classes with different students whether old/young or inbetween. The students are very friendly and helpful, at least maybe most of the students carry themselves in this manner.

My advice to myself would be to set goals for the furture to come. I would advise myself to keep track of school records/information. Spend time on school work, make it my priority, learn study habits. I would visit colleges, do research to determined what college is best to suit my choice of acedemic degree. I would take my grades more serious, maybe take college prep-classes. Practice my reading, writing skills for this is real important once you start college. Tell myself to do activities or get involved in community/non profit organizations to strengthen my preparation for college. Apply to more than one college, visit campuses and ask students on campus questions. take grades seriouly and do the best i acn do in high school.

The one thing that is very unprofessional is the Acedemic/Financial counselors not returning calls. In some of my classes I have also experienced the teachers to be rude, impatient. They treat the students as if the tuition is comming out there pocket . When I first applied for the school they did not tell me my core classes would not be at this school.

john

Antelope Valley College is a simple school with general education and a very good starting out college. Some students after high school go for universities and end up coming back because they realized that that was not the school for them. All my teachers told me to go to a 2-year college and then transfer to a 4-year college. AVC is very cheap as well and you can apply for fee waivers to pay for your classes.

Knowing all the information i do now, i would tell myself to look into grants and scholarships. Not only that, but to tell him to get as much information about the college he wants to go to as possible. Preparation is key to be able to get the most out of college. Going into college without any knowledge gives you a disadvantage. Knowing what you want is important when your in college. Talking to counselors is important too. Even your high school counselors can help prepare you for college. Once you have a game plan, you will be ready for what is coming ahead of you and when it comes to college, knowing is everything. How much is it going to cost? What classes should i take? What will my major be? Questions, questions, questions. Ask as many questions as you can. Go to the college's website, talk to the adminstrators and ask questions. The most important thing is: know what you want. When you talk to your counselor, that is the first thing they will ask you. Preparation, knowing what you want, are important to be successful in college. Ask, learn, and college will be your playground.

The most frustrating thing about Antelope Valley College is that sometimes selecting your classes will never go your way. So you have to be very cautious when registering for classes. Double check, triple check, quadruple check, but always make sure that you have the classes that you want and be sure that you got into them accordingly. Be sure to check for your classes and make sure you got into them. If there is a mistake, don't sit idley, take action and talk to a counselor.

Brianne

By looking at the class, you can tell who wants to be there and who's just there to be there but not really putting in the effort to pass the class.

The advice I would give myself is to truly work hard at everything I do and not rely on my friends to help me get the work done because at some point in time they will let you down in some way, shape or form. I would also let myself know that the professors aren't obligated to help outside the class and if I needed tutoring, to not be shy and just ask for the help I need because I am accountable for getting my own work done.

Avc has defintly shown be how to learn and feel secure in my learning, but not only that , this college has allowed me to experiment with different classes so I can pick the right career for me, which happens to be Interior Design. I went through atleast two other majors before I realized this I must admit but if it wasn't for this schools freedom to explore different fields, i might be in a career that would just be the complete opposite of who i am. So thanks to AVC I can be who i'm meant to be.

If I where to go back in time back to my senior years and give myself some friendly advice, I would have to tell myself that their is no need to stress about my major, just yet, be patient and you will find what is meant for you. Be sure to be prepared, but don't stress so much that you rush into things, take it slow, for these upcomming college years will be the only chance you have to make an dision worth making in your life that will effect you for quiet a long time. So be sure that you look into this and make sure that it is what you want to do for yourself, and not for others. Be sure you are happy in what you do, even now, as you just begin to turn the pages into a new chapter of your career to start your own life.

Comming to Anelope Valley College was an experience, me exspecting a harsh environment where it can be impossible to learn, turned out to be the exact opposite, attending this college has been a wonderful experience, a place that I feel ithat I can learn in, an untheatened environment. I really feel at place at this college, and I really hate to leave, but although this school is just a 2 year college I feel it has given me just the skills I need to be confident and unafraid of the college world as well as the real world as well.

Brandi

My classmates are intriuging, colorful charecters who enjoy learning and make going to school a funfilled and worthwhile experience while i'm pursuing my Associates degree. at Antelope Valley College.

If I had to go back in time to being a senior in high school I would tell myself a few things that I now know that could have helped in in college. One important thing I wish I would have known is how much responsibility and dedication it takes to go to any kind of college. In college no one tells you to go to class or forces you to do your homework. It's simply your own decision unlike in high school your are told what to do and when to do it. It takes a lot of maturity that is not necessary to have in high school. Another key piece of advice I would tell myself is that although college can be fun, it is not all that it's cracked up to be in movies and tv. While I am enjoy ing my college experience it is much differ than what I thought it would be and the transition from high school to college was tough. But it is worth it. Cherish your time in high school and get ready for a whole new world.

I think anyone can attend this school if they are willing to learn while alse enjoying the company of their teachers and classmates in high energy environment.

Kimberly

If I could go back as a high school senior and give myself advice that would be amazing. I would tell myself, to try to take harder classes with the harder teachers, not the easy "A" teachers just so I would be doing less work. I would tell myself to wake up more days and go to school, to experience my whole senior year, instead of playing sick just because I stayed out to late before. I would most definitely tell myself to tough through spanish, and that I will need it one day. Foreign language is so much harder is college. I would tell myself to be involved more, not just because field trips and associated study body gets you out of classes, but to cherish the experience. I would take more pictures, so I can show my children one day how great I was, so they can exceed what I did. I would tell myself to study more, and never settle for something that I know I could have done better on. I would go to more football games, and actually pay attention so have pride in my school. Then again I probably would not change a thing.

To me, the best thing about school is the possibilities and opporunties that having an education opens doors to. I have witnessed and have experienced my parents not going to school, and have lived a tough life because of that, and school gives me a chance they did not have. The enviroment of school and learning gives me the feeling that anything is possible as long as work through it. The best thing about school is the ability to have a successful future for myself and my family.

That the classes as well as the professors are challenging even though there is a huge amount of work envolved. I brag about receiving my Associates Degree, and continuing working on my Bacholer's Degree. I brag that when I am finished with school I will have my chose of jobs in my field, and that I can do anything with education. I tell them that education is the key to success for the future of our generation, and the future of our country.

Brenda

If I were to go back in time to my high school years as a senior or below, knowing how college life is, I would have enrolled myself into "A.P (advanced placement) courses." Doing this would have eliminated the time I am spending at my community college and I would have had my Associates Degree already or I could have already been at the 4 year institution of my dreams (one which is USC - University of Southern California, a private university). I would have taken AP English, Biology, whatever I possibly could have taken to reduce my time at Antelope Valley College. I have no problem being there, I absolutely love that school and the people in it, but I also love being advanced so if i would have known about AP sooner and other clubs in High School I could have got involved with to help enhance my resume, I would have done it. This would have made my parents even more proud for me... that is the best feeling ever!

The best thing about my school are my counselors and professors. They work great with me and always give me the time and attention when i need it most. The work given to me by my professors are challenging and very educating but not too stressful, it can actually get fun sometimes. My counselors are always there to help motivate me and push me to work harder everyday and they're well appreciated.

I wish i knew about all the programs the college has to offer. I am the first one in my family to have ever graduated from high school and to now attend college. It was very confusing at first, but now I know there is Financial aids, scholarship opportnities, studying abroad, clubs for latino/latinas, Honors clubs etc. I love it all.

Connie

As a thirty six year old woman going back to school, the advice given to my high school self would be this: Please stay in school and go to college now. Your future is depending on it . Life is a huge adventure and part of that adventure is to get an education to give your family the best life that you can. It may seem now that you have plenty of time, but the years pass quickly and before you know it you have kids and bills that you just cant seem to keep up with. Not only is college important for yourself, but as a parent, you will want to inspire your children to achieve all they can, and be all they have the potential to be. Work hard now and get a college degree. It is the most important thing you can do for your future.

Antelope Valley is a school that anyone can attend. It offers a variety of programs to fit anyone's needs. There are transfer programs, associate degree, vocational programs, nursing programs and much much more. The only person who should not attend Antelope Valley College is the kind of person who does not want any type of education.

Antelope Valley College is a wonderful school. It has one of the best RN programs in the nation. The only thing that is frustrating about this school is the fact that budget cuts have caused enrollment in classes to be much more difficult than ever before. Because of these cuts, many students have a difficult time getting into the classes they need. The nursing progam has been cut substantially, so now the waiting list is much longer.

Patricia

There are so many opportunities for students to succeed if they take advantage of them. It is a fairly small community and one can therefore get to know the faculty on a personal level. The faculty give the students 110% and their primary goal is to help students succeed, they go out of their way to make themselves available to students whenever they may need their help.

I would advice myself to get more involved in my education and to work harder than I did. I would also encourage myself to participate in more extra-curricular activities and to try and do more community service. I had good grades in high school but now I have much better grades and I see the potential I had. However, a person is more than just their grades. I did participate in extra-curricular activities but I feel like I could have explored that more which would have built me up more as a person. Also, I did do some community service but now seeing the need in the world (or even just in my community) I feel like I could have done a lot more to help develop the community.

Anyone that is highly motivated and looking for a high quality education at a low cost.

Antelope Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.