Antelope Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Antelope Valley College

Paige

This school is pretty good for a junior college. Some real gems for professors here; some have taught at schools like CSUN, but not all are like that. Some staff are helpful and others are not. In the end it's a very give or take school but it's still pretty good for a JC.

Shavonne S

My overall opinion of the college, is that it's nobleness and prestige has really given this academic institution a very bright and appealing reputation that will satisfy current and future prospective students to excel against all odds and to one day become future leaders, endeavoring to make a change.

Antelope Valley College is a spectacular community college to help integrate freshly-graduated high school students into the real world. When I attended AVC, I worked full time and was a full time student. My schedule was very busy, but all of the teachers understand that most of their students work and go to school on the side. The teachers were always willing to meet outside of the classroom to offer any assistance. The campus is safe and beautiful and all of the students are very involved. I wish I didn't have to attend a university in order to finish my degree, I would love to continue going to Antelope Valley College.

Alex

My experience with AVC -Antelope Valley College- has been a frustrating one. not only are their office hours so impacted that they only have 2 speed counselors so there is always a huge line down the hallway but the financial aid people act like they don't want to help you and if your turning in paperwork I would subject you make about 3 copies of it and submit it because I have had my work lost by them and they said it was my fault I didn't give it to a financial aid person but I have a paper that had the official stamp and everything so my overall result with this school is horrible for the office and then the teachers get a great rate i have loved my teachers so far.​

I don't like AVC at all. It could be so much better and efficient if people wanted but its not. The vast majority of professors are uninspiring, full of themselves, and generally just don't care about the students. The Spanish department in particular leaves everything to be desired. The required books are useless, the teachers are useless, and I have seen only 2 professors that deserve their paycheck out of the dozens hired. I am here only for credit. If I could go anywhere else I'd leave AVC in my dust without a second look back.

Lilian

I was told to believe that going to a Community College was a sin. They were wrong, Antelope Valley College has so much to offer. It is a great environment and I've met some brilliant people. The professors are all kind and willing to help you out if you ask. Find your goal and AVC will help you achieve it.

Madeline

Antelope valley college is a place where learning can happen as long as you are willing to work for it. Not a lot of the students are there to establish themselves as students and are just chasing the college dream without knowing what they really want from college.

Melissa

I believe that this college is absolutely wonderful. They provide amazing classes and the teachers are great. They work with you with classes.

Jonathan

Antelope Valley College is a local community college that offers opportunities in helping you transfer to a four year university while cutting down general educations in a cheaper price so you don't have to take them in university. Antelope Valley College can benefit you in some ways but one of the most important one aren't even one: Guidance. I came to Antelope Valley College to ensure myself of getting out of there for a four year university but sadly it's close to three years with not enough units to leave the college. Not to mention, someone in my high school (Transition Specialist) was suppose to guide me about the college but failed to do so, but not I'm consistently trying to keep up what the college expected me to know (since no one tell what I needed to know.) Luckily, there was a few helpful people who came to my need for assistance but I wished I had one when I was starting to enter the college itself before hand. My advice is to do you own research, GET SOMEONE WHO KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING, and look for a better communities college other than AVC if you don't want to switch major because you didn't know it won't get you transfer. Highly Recommend !!!

Cindy

Amazing college. The professors are great. They are always willing to help and give extra help when you don't fully understand a concept. They help you revise papers before due dates. The food is great. The campus is amazing. The students are all friendly and willing to make study groups whenever and whereever. The class sizes are great because they're not to big or to small.

Aleena

Antelope Valley College is decent being it is in the dead Antelope Valley. As in comparison to other community colleges I feel the teachers are pretty helpful and dedicated to their students as long as they see the effort. Overall the school has a comfortable aroma.

Valerie

Well not really sure Antelope Valley College I'm a freshman this coming month. From what I heard from Tribal Office in Palmdale CA is a good college.

None

It's a small community college and some may not like it because of it's size, they say that the college does not have many resources, but you just have to look for them. Faculty members and professors are always willing to help you. There's a couple of ways you can receive priority enrollment and financial assistance. Counselors are willing to help, but only if you have declared a major.

Christopher

My overall opinion on AVC is that it a really good Junior College. The faculty are very nice and the wanna see the best of you. To have the best experience there I suggest you join a club r sport to help with your past time. Also you should really study hard.

Joana

I think AVC is a very good school, the campus is a decent size the classrooms are well accessible and teachers answer emails fast. Good campus atmosphere. There is always constant security around campus, which creates a safe environment. There is almost never any conflicts.

Tiffani-bea

The campus of relaxing and enjoyable. Students study anywhere inside and outside. It is difficult to get into classes unless you have attended the school for more than a single year. Most of the teachers are great and enjoy their classes and students. There are a handful of teachers that go completely out of their way to help any students current or past in any way they can. The student lounge is always helping out to relax students during finals, having study jams throughout the semesters, and providing resources to help the students and teachers.

Andrew

AVC is a great school to start. Most of the students are local and are from the local High Schools near by. They have a great staff and are pretty helpful over the phone and in person. Its a medium sized school that feels small. I enjoy the small class rooms and the over all approachable-ness of the professors. It has been a challenge with some professors but over fine. The school does lack places to hang out and be with friends. No lounges and no coffee shops.

Katelynn

Antelope Valley College or "AVC" is a school with much potential. The staff of professors have been extremely helpful and find time to meet with you if needed. The facilities on campus are accommodating for every student. I love how diverse this school is, so many different organizations and groups that include all demographics.

K'lee

Antelope Valley College has its up and its downs . If you don't be careful with who you associate with you can dig yourself into a hole of no return , but if you keep focus then you can definitely succeed in whatever you want to do.

alexis

IT IS A GOOD COLLEGE

Gabriela

Antelope Valley College is an opportunity for those who want to grow and achieve success in their lives. It is a school that provides a safety and a healthy environment since they support their students through activities and seminars. The Learning Center that the school has, for example, acts as helpful tool for students to overcome barriers whether they struggle with Mathematics or English. The school provides fun events to students that relate to art such as musical events or dancing events. For those students who are interested on becoming well informed, the school provides events that relate to sociological topics or discussions, for example. Finally, there are a variety of clubs that students can be a part of to obtain more opportunities such as scholarships or experience with the path that they are the most interested in. Overall, Antelope Valley College helps students feel more familiar and comfortable in the school environment.

T'Kaiya

I think that Antelope Valley College is good for the most part and a lot of the professors are really cool to talk with, but you may run into one or two professors that can be a little hard. You also may run into some of the staff who have an attitude, but what college doesn't have that. Also, the college kind of pushes STEM more than the ARTS, but its not a lot.

While Antelope Valley College may be a junior college if still provides the essentials for those who would like to further their education. I do enjoy the class sizes and the staff/student engagement. I believe there are some things the school lacks, but because it is a JC it makes sense.

Kyra

I absolutely love antelope valley college. Theres always help if needed professors are absolutely all for the students and push the students to succeed and focus on future goals. The teachers always help students get into classes and the consolers are full of knowledge.

Willamena

I have been attending AVC for three years now to reach my goal to become a nurse. AVC has great staff in all areas of the buildings from admissions and Records to Financial aid. You are always greeted with a smile at AVC. I would like if they would clean our restrooms more often and have more disability access for the restrooms. They have great events planned every semester. The professors are great and listen to the students. A downside is the classes are small and uncomfortable. The office for Student's with Disabilities has great counselors to help you every step of the way. The only bad thing is that we do not offer housing on or off campus. The learning Center has great tutors to help in every subject and is always clean and nice. Teachers should expand their office hours. The learning atmosphere is great and now we are a smoke free campus. The athletic department is A1. I feel safe at campus at night the Sheriffs are there to help. Finally AVC offers many programs to help students with children to continue their education, help pay for books, help with homeless students, and provides bus passes to get to school.

Antelope Valley is a decent community college to start out at then transfer to a 4 year university. It offers a lot of resources such as, opportunities to reach certain colleges, help in the learning center and library and other things accessible to all students.

Mariah

The transfer and retention rates are low, but the teachers I've learned under have been very organized and have taken a vested interest in my education. All the class content is available online and my instructors reply promptly to any emails I have sent. The campus is usually clean and the class rooms aren't too crowded.

Heather

I think the campus in itself is great, I personally had never had a problem with a staff memeber. I know that AVC has a bad reputation but I think that is because a lot of students take advantage of staff members and are very disrespectful. kindness gets you a long way.

Marc

Antelope Valley College gives everybody an opportunity to save money and get a quality education. People spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on college every year just so their kid can go to a 4-year university. That is an absurdly large amount and AVC helps to ease that through cheaper education and transfer pathways.

Leon Alexandra

I think that Antelope Valley College is a great community college. I love how the class sizes are not big and that the Professors are always available. I love that the Professors make time for students whether it is before, after or during class. They even have a lot of office hours available and they always reply to emails the same day or the next day. Everyone that works at AVC are very helpful and kind. The facilities are nice, however some bathrooms could use a lot of cleaning.

Leonardo

It seems to be an overall good community college that has a few good sports team and many worthwhile classes that could help with careers. I would say that the extracurricular activities are the best part of the college because they seem to be the most involved in placing people in their careers.

Alexandria

Overall I have to say I’m glad I went to this college first before I go to university and actually be on a campus with thousands of others.

Stephen

Antelope valley college is a great community college with great opportunities through its campus. From joining clubs to finding the perfect degree or certification AVC has a wide range and a perfect school to prepare for transferring to a four year. Great experience and good atmosphere that I would recommend to anyone looking for a community college in the area.

Darly

It is a great community college and I would totally recommend it to anyone. Ever since I got here it is honestly so calm and not much happens so your are mainly focused on your studies and what you have to get done. If I can finish my bachelors here I honestly would but sadly you can get bachelors done here.

Gabriella

Good school with good programs and clubs but the campus is not large, only two food options on campus, and some other stores nearby but not convenient for walking distance to said stores. Overall great college to start off at, just wish the counselors were more accessible other than having to go on campus.

Amia

Antelope Valley College is okay. There isn't much to say, because they don't offer a lot. The energy is weird and uninviting. They should offer more clubs and make students more aware of opportunities. I do like the Psychology Club, but they should offer more fun events or clubs. Students should anticipate attending class.

My overall opinion of Antelope Valley College is that it is a bit crowded at times, however they do the most with what they have and do a great job at it. Despite having a large number of people applying all the time they still do their best to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to attend and graduate.

Melissa

Overall, AVC's teachers are almost always available to their students, and personally I'm happy with my choice of attending here next fall!

Micheli

I been going to this college for the past 2 yrs and the professor truly care for us and have us going. I have passed all my classes thank to the professor. It’s a very clean school, and have a lot of resources. Also I am in a program named EOPS where there are counselors available to help. So I feel blessed to go to this school.

Antelope Valley College is definitely not the most amazing place, but it’s what you make of your experience there. There are a lot of students who are only there to abuse the financial aid system and couldn’t care less about school. There are also some disreputable students who bring the quality of the school down and it does not always feel safe on campus, especially at night. Some of the buildings are really old and worn down. And as with any community college it’s really hard to find much sense of a community. It’s definitely not where you go for a real college experience. I will say, however, that there are some really great teachers and academic programs here. They are what bring any value to this school at all. If you go into the honors program and look hard enough you will find some very serious, motivated, and intelligent students. Antelope Valley College can be a great launching pad for these serious students, who come from low in come families or who couldn’t start at a four year university right away for whatever reason, to go on to bigger and better things.

Andrea

Overall, Antelope Valley College may not be that great but it does provide an opportunity for students to begin their college life. Antelope Valley College has also helped students and parents who wish to return to school. Antelope Valley College has also been noted for providing free English (ESL) classes to people whose first language is not English.

knight

It's a good community college, you definitely need a car to get to places since everything outside of the little town is far away. Not much to do in Lancaster or Palmdale but overall I enjoyed my experiences here and others I know have enjoyed the school as far as academics. But if you are trying to get the whole fun college experience I don't think AVC is the best place for that.

Alexandria

Antelope Valley College is an okay school. I would rate it a seven out of ten. Some of the professors can be rude, but most of them are very nice and knowledgeable about what they teach. The facilities at this campus are very nice and clean. There's no drinking or drugs ever on campus, there are usually police patrolling the campus.

Angela

I like the acceptance you don’t feel left out or like an outcast

Cierra

It has been a great experience and I am proudly graduating in May. The professors care and the counselors are great! I am a student with a disability and they have been very accommodating. The overall feel of the school , although a commuter campus, is unity. People are friendly and try to help one another. The professors seem to truly care about the students’ Go Marauders!! success