Antioch University-Los Angeles Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Antioch University-Los Angeles

jean

good school with opportunities. lots of students from different places. very nice activities on weekends.

It's a very small school so there's no on-campus housing. Classes are on the smaller side, with the psychology students typically having the largest size classes, but it's still only about 18 students at max. The school is very progressive in social movements and civil rights issues, with community service being a requirement for graduation. As a black woman, I have never felt so comfortable talking about issues that my community faces with classmates who are willing to listen and partake in discussion. Because of this, I have had great discussions with other students and professors which has opened my mind more and strengthen my critical thinking skills. I am able to see the world through different perspectives, thanks to my classmates and their stories, which makes my writing stronger as well.

Alexander

Really nice and friendly atmosphere, very diverse and open-minded. Easy integration back to school after many years. Progressive. This is the first school to have black students, black teachers, and a full range of people belonging to LGBTQ community.

Nina

Antioch University is a great opportunity for the mature adult. This is not a campus-style University, it does not have all the amenities of a typical University, however, they are located in Culver City, near a mall and tons of gyms and housing. The Faculty is the best I have ever experienced and this is my 3rd college. If you want to be challenged to succeed and to be a voice for your community and your life - this is the school for you. The classes are great, some are small 5-7 students and a few are large but rarely over 20 students. Everyone is friendly and respectful. There is a great library with an amazing staff to assist you with your book requests and academic papers research tools. A large computer lab and ample study space along with a student lounge. This was the best choice for me to finish my bachelor's degree as I am nearing 50 and felt I needed a place where kids were not running around being kids, this was the best learning environment for a working adult.

lo

Antioch is a professional school, and you get about what you might expect from that. The teachers are really hit or miss, and are hard to connect with outside of class. The "campus" is lame - there's one water fountain and it never works and one restaurant and its not great.