Seattle, WA
Antioch University-Seattle

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Antioch University-Seattle

beckett

If you’re looking for a university that encourages critical thinking, a commitment to social justice, and experiential learning, Antioch is the program for you. Classes are small, rich with discussion and, in the mental health counseling program, all professors are also practicing therapists; you’re not being taught by someone who’s work as a therapist is purely theoretical. An aspect of Antioch’s psychology curriculum that I value is the emphasis on self-awareness. It’s not that a therapist must be perfectly well-adjusted with no mental health concerns of their own, it’s that the therapist needs to understand their own issues in order to separate them from those of the client. Be ready to do some heavy-duty introspection! Antioch runs on a quarter system which, while it does make sense for a graduate program, can be a tough adjustment; my first few quarters felt like a downhill run. Antioch does have its drawbacks, such as a scarcity of “in-house” scholarships, no student housing, and the lack of paid internships (but that’s an issue bigger than Antioch, really). Within the mental health counseling program, you may find yourself wishing professors were less flexible and understanding, wishing they would just give you a hardline answer! I know, not a complaint you usually hear. All things considered, I really can’t see myself at a program other than Antioch and I’m glad this is where I am.

Veronica

Not sure. I hope to find out. I will hopefully be attending end of October.

Not sure. I hope to find out. I will hopefully be attending end of October.

don't take a break from college. Get your degree, and you'll go further in your career. Than to no have a degree, and compete with younger people, and less experience- but, with a degree.

First off, you didn't list my school. I will be attending City University of Seattle, not Antioch U.. I wish there were more online scholarships for this school, as it's not listed very often for these undergraduate degrees.

Susan

I have gotten to know myself and I have been allowed to fully see the depth and breadth of humanity. I have been exposed to new experiences and facinating people with very different ideas. The opportunity has allowed me to think of things differently and to fully view how others may see the world. There are many instances in the world where we are on one side or the other of an issue and yet when you break it down the fundamental issues and reasons for belief are the same at the core. The opportunity has allowed me to delve into subjects that may have required intellectual courage. When I took the steps to explore further, I realized I had the courage to excel and desire to know more. I will continue to question and learn new things, because the love of learning and knowledge has kindled the flame of exploring our human nature. Every day I have the opportunity to have a new lense to view the world and to help others as they navigate through a changing world.

I love the experiential learning aspect of Antioch. Because of this I was able to learn in more depth certain areas of Psychology that were of a greater interest to me. By actively participating in class discussions there is also an other layer of learning that is reached for each student.

Someone who is more interested in a social life should not attend Antioch University. Someone who does not like writing research papers should not attend Antioch. Antioch requires more research papers, group activities, and experiential learning than tests.

James

Antioch University is a school that's commited to social justice.

Antioch University is a school that's commited to social justice.

Regardless of how you feel you'll match up to other college students, realize that you are a unique individual. What you consider to be your weaknesses academically may prove to match up well against other student's strengths, so don't be discouraged if you think you're not "as smart" as other students. College is not a competition, it's an opportunity for you to discover and explore your inherent gifts, talents and interests which will in turn contribute and give back to the balance of society. Life is not a competition, it's an opportunity to create. The process of being a college student is meant to help you hone your skills, abilities and compatency in your field of study. There are alternatives to financing your education, so even if you don't come from a family that can afford to pay your college tuition, there are many different avenues. Don't become discouraged, stay in the moment and do the best you can to be the best creator you can be. Remember, once you lose your desire to create, you've forgotten what the purpose of college is. Be true to yourself and work hard.

I wish I had known that there were so many different alternatives for financing my education. I do not come from an economically affluent family, so being knowledgeable of all my options for paying tuition would have possibly motivated me to apply earlier.

Antioch University-Seattle administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.