Antioch University-Seattle Top Questions

Veronica

don't take a break from college. Get your degree, and you'll go further in your career. Than to no have a degree, and compete with younger people, and less experience- but, with a degree.

Susan

I have gotten to know myself and I have been allowed to fully see the depth and breadth of humanity. I have been exposed to new experiences and facinating people with very different ideas. The opportunity has allowed me to think of things differently and to fully view how others may see the world. There are many instances in the world where we are on one side or the other of an issue and yet when you break it down the fundamental issues and reasons for belief are the same at the core. The opportunity has allowed me to delve into subjects that may have required intellectual courage. When I took the steps to explore further, I realized I had the courage to excel and desire to know more. I will continue to question and learn new things, because the love of learning and knowledge has kindled the flame of exploring our human nature. Every day I have the opportunity to have a new lense to view the world and to help others as they navigate through a changing world.

Regardless of how you feel you'll match up to other college students, realize that you are a unique individual. What you consider to be your weaknesses academically may prove to match up well against other student's strengths, so don't be discouraged if you think you're not "as smart" as other students. College is not a competition, it's an opportunity for you to discover and explore your inherent gifts, talents and interests which will in turn contribute and give back to the balance of society. Life is not a competition, it's an opportunity to create. The process of being a college student is meant to help you hone your skills, abilities and compatency in your field of study. There are alternatives to financing your education, so even if you don't come from a family that can afford to pay your college tuition, there are many different avenues. Don't become discouraged, stay in the moment and do the best you can to be the best creator you can be. Remember, once you lose your desire to create, you've forgotten what the purpose of college is. Be true to yourself and work hard.