Grand Rapids, MI
Aquinas College-Grand Rapids

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Aquinas College-Grand Rapids

Alexandra

My classmates are some of the most unique, diverse, and outrageous people I have ever met; they are outspoken individuals that make the college experiance worth experiancing.

College isn't as easy as what you picture in your head. You know the bumper stickers on facebook that say you can only choose two options out of the three choices of good grades, sleep, and a social life? Well as much as that sounds like a joke, I wish it was. It isn't easy, there will be tears and sleepless nights full of cramming, but in the end it will all be worth it. Balance your time between school, sleep, and friends. Put your health first, school second, and friends last. I know going to college you think about all the freedom you have for being on your own, but it is during this time where you need to step up and prove to the rest of the world that you can take on the resposibility and succeed on your own. Don't let the social scene influence your education, as hard as those situations are to stay away from, you need to focus on your future and what is best for you. After all, why else would you be going to college?

The most frustrating thing about my school is how expensive it is. Going to a private four year school is emptying my bank account clean, but to get the best education possible I am willing to sacrifice my money as hard as it is to write those checks each semester.

If I could go back in time to give myself advice as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not give up. Even through all the sick days and all the pain of having migraines daily, to stick with it and try harder to get the grades that I know I was capable of making even if I didn't believe it then. To trust in my teachers and that they really wanted to see me succeed. I would also tell myself to get into the habit of studying with others so that when I'm in college my study habits wouldn't slow me down in achieving the grades that I could get otherwise. To become more organized and timely with schedules to help myself get into the idea of having deadlines all the time. I would also tell myself to learn how to make new friends. I would tell myself this because it's hard to make new friends in a new environment with different people. When you have no friends your level of success goes down because you feel that you are alone. You need friends and others to succeed in life.

The kind of person that should attend Aquinas College is a student who is attending to learn something and to take their lives to the next level. Aquinas is a school that gives you a great experience both academically and with extra curriculars. You also should like to help and support your community and give back to others who need it.

The kind of person who should not attend Aquinas College is someone who will not work hard or try to obtain a great education. If you are going to attend here then you shouldn't be into drugs, alcohol or making the lives around you harder or put them in danger with potential felony actions. A person should also not come to this school if they do not wish to make their lives have more potential.

Kathryn

My classmates were mostly very smart, a lot of fun, and easy to work with.

My classmates were mostly very smart, a lot of fun, and easy to work with.

Aquinas offers a small school feeling in a medium to large-sized city with a really big heart! The campus is beautiful in all four seasons and it's easy to get involved with anything you can think of. I liked it because it was close to home for me, and because the sense of community is so strong.

Relax. Pick the one that feels right. Bring sunscreen and extra whiteboard markers. Go out and meet people even when you don't feel like it. Rearrange the furniture as much as you want - you'll never have modular furniture again, so it'll never be easier. Stand up for yourself but also be willing to compromise, especially in roommate situations. Do your homework. Talk to your professors - they really do want to help you. Don't be afraid to ask for or offer help. Play in the rain. Celebrate birthdays exuberantly - decorate with toilet paper, if possible. Watch for bargains. Buy and sell your textbooks online. Animal crackers, salsa con queso, and homemade fudge from your roommate's grandma will become major food groups. Use the resources available at the library, career center, financial aid, and the department office of your major. Investigate grad school early. Take advantage of the cafeteria unlimited salad bar. Drink lots of water. Wear warm boots. Take a minute to appreciate warm sheets, fresh out of the laundry. Thrive.

Cole

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, what I would say is, "Cole, stay focused in the here and now. Take care of the things that you know need to be done. Remember not to be so lazy about your homework and the assignments you think are "dumb!" The fact is that many will benefit by your success. You will open new doors to greater potentialities than you thought possible. Effort is required. There is no free lunch. You should still have fun, but rather than procrastinate and put off your studying until Sunday night- why not get it done on Friday? That way you will be able to enjoy the weekend without having to worry about failing the test coming up on Monday. Remember that these are the crucial months where you must decide how you are going to stage your emergence into the world at large. Make them count. For every individual that receives an education- the world is one small step closer to a time where both the young and old, the rich and the poor alike, can fulfill their total potential."

Genevieve

With Aquinas, they focus more on you as the student. They offer small classes and professors who have not only studied what they teach, but have been in the real world doing it. Also the campus is small and surrounded by woods in the middle of the city. It has a home away from home feel. Aquinas offers my career choice and classes that you have interests in. I can take business classes, or art classes, I like that Aquinas is a Liberal Arts College.

I would tell myself that doing homework is what helps to make you succussful with passing class. Studying and going to class everyday is so important. Making the transition was easy, and making friends in class will help with the tough coursework. Keeping up your grades is also very important. The scholarship for Aquinas is based on GPA and grades, and it helps to maintain those so tution is small. Study and get help when you need it. Aquinas offers a lot of advising for most classes. By doing homework and managing your time, you will be successful.

Anyone can attend Aquinas. They offer very good contiuing education courses for those seeking a graduate dregree. Aquinas has only 60 majors but a wide range of classes that anyone can take. Many students come to Aquinas to exporle the options of studing business or arts and music or sports management. We have a very good nursing program with UDM.

Rebecca

College classes are a lot more challenging than high school classes. If your sitting there bored on facebook you should probably get off and do some reading or studying even though your test for chemistry is later next week. Get a job. When people say that college students are poor they mean it. Don't worry about making friends, every other Freshmen on campus is stressing about the same thing. Just because you might not like your roommates or your suitemates it doesn't mean that you can not live with them. When you go home on breaks you really miss all of your friends at school because they become your family. They help you through your trials and you help them through theres and together you both grow and learn from each other. Learning to balance school work with other activities is very important and however hard it may be you might have to give up playing a sport or acting in a play if it means better grades.

The worst thing about Aquinas is that we are going through many changes. Our fieldhouse is currently under construction so that makes it more difficult for athletes to train. Our student population is increasing greatly so it has become harder for our college to fit everything the students want and need to be successful.

When I tell my friends about Aquinas College I brag most about the location of the campus. Growing up in a rural town and then moving to the city is a big change, but being near such a wonderful city as Grand Rapids is exciting. I also brag about how our campus is filled the trees which is rare for a college.

Amber

I would tell myself to not bother going to a community college, go straight to Aquinas. Yes, it is more expensive that way but the atmosphere and helpfulness of the teachers are so much better than a community college. Aquinas teachers push their students to do well and it will be a much greater asset in the future than saving some money now. Focus on the academics, and put them first. It's alot better to make friends in a work place environment and excel in school than it is to be friends with everybody and let school work slide, even the tiniest bit! Remember to save money and apply for scholarships, because college pays for itself only after you graduate. Lastly, remember to eat well and stay active. It's a key part of being able to focus in the classroom.

Joordn

AQ is small but very good when your looking for hands on professors or your looking for a college that is more one on one!

I would not have had senioritis so bad and actually worked hard and kept my GPA up. My whole high school career i worried about grades and sports and how well i did, but my senior year i let the grades slide so that i could consentrate on getting a track scholarship. i got that track scholarship like i wanted, i also got a academic scholarship but if i had kept my grades the way they were in previous years i would have gotten $2,000 more. and now after i just lost $4,000 from the Michigan Promise award that was revoked this year that money would have been nice because i would of had that $2,000 cushion! Npw i have to figure out how to pay for Ireland in the fall and school next year! So winning this scholarship would be just the answer to my prayer that ive been looking for.

We defiantly need diversity at Aquinas. Some one who is layed back and fun would fit in great! we need people that like the small classes and hands onness that AQ offers.

Ben

Aquinas seemed to be the place where i belonged. I looked at other schools, but right when i arrived here on campus i knew this was my place to be. It is expensive, but I really like the school and the people here.

I would try to look harder into a college that i like as much as Aquinas, but cheaper in price. The price of this school is what is holding me back, not knowing whether or not I have enough for the next semester is very stressful.

I think the worst thing about this school is the price. I don't come from a wealthy family, and for 27,000 a year, its pricey. I get some grants and loans, but it is still a lot to deal with.

lauren

i would say that the most important thing is to make sure that the school you are looking at has the exact major and degree you are thinking about, and or are going in to. This is imporant becuase you do not want to end up attending a school that will end up hurting you becuase of transfer issues or what not. No, matter where you go you will always meet new people that will help you to grow in what you are currently interested in.

i want to think that the people are the best part. my friends have really made the expreience for me.

i wish i would have known about the programs a little more.

Aquinas College-Grand Rapids administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.