Grand Rapids, MI
Aquinas College-Grand Rapids

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Aquinas College-Grand Rapids

Anne

Aquinas College is in a great location and is a good environment for students to live and go to school!

In my opinion the most important part about choosing a college thats right for you and your family is to visit and stay over the night if possible. This is a great way to find out what you do and don't like about the college. My advice to students looking to make the most of their college experience would be TO GET INVOLVED. Think about what you're already or may be interested in and see if there are clubs or groups that involve those interests. If there aren't then don't hesitate to start your own club. It's much easier than you woud imagine. Also just be open to new things and people. College is a great experience to branch out and find out what your interests are. For parents, I think it's important for them to understand that college is a time for their children to grow and learn about themselves. It can be a hard transition for students and even harder for parents at times but as long as you let them know you love them and will always be there for them every thing will work out for the best.

The best part about Aquinas is the people, the staff, students and surrounding community are dedicated to making it a positive place for everyone.

Abby

It has a very small community like feel and it has a beautiful campus. The whole thing is trees and forests and then you walk 200 yards in your in East Grand Rapids and maybe a mile and youre downtown Grand Rapids. Its like a place of its own really.

Be sure to look all over the place. Never be afraid to look outside the state you live in. Also if you love football or were around it all your life, go to a school with football you WILL miss it.

Sometimes I wish there were more people. But we are all there, we're just studying or in rehearsals or sports or something.

Classmates are very helpful and friendly.

Classmates are very helpful and friendly.

My advice to parents and students on picking a college would be to pick a college that they feel at home at. Pick a college that will bring out the best in you. My advice on making the most of your college experience is to split your time between social life and school work. Don't be afraid to ask questions in class. Be involved in school clubs. The most important thing is to not procrastinate.

Aquinas is best known for its beautiful campus and its Catholic affiliation. It blends the two very nicely by having two of every tree and shrub that is native to Michigan on campus (which is a reference to Noah's ark in the bible). It is also known as a business and teaching school.

Finding the right college for your son or daughter is extremely important. Visiting campuses is very helpful in making the right decision. If your son or daughter feels comfortable at a college it makes all the different in the world in how they are able to perform at that school. Therefore, going on plenty of college visits will help your son or daughter see the differences between schools, first hand, and can help them make their decision. Just because a school sounds good on paper, doesn't necessarily mean that it will be right for them in the end. Really explore your options; college is too expensive to have regrets! The college experience is something that is very important and it goes far beyond classes. It can include: living on your own for the first time, balancing school, jobs, and/or sports, making new friends, and exploring new cultural venues that may be offered through the school or city. Dicovering what the world has to offer is very exciting and is often emphasized in colleges across the country.

I wish I had known what I wanted to major and/or minor in. I came to school with no clue about what I wanted to do and now that I do know, I would have changed some decisions about the classes I took.

Anna

I think Aquinas is known for its Theology program. I am currently enrolled in the Nursing Program there but everybody talks up the Theology classes right and left. They are really some of the best I have heard of! The professors are amazing in the program, too.

Aquinas as a campus is beautiful. I have found or seen very few campuses that provide gorgeous wooded walks and quaint homes near the campus. Plus, Aquinas is located in one of the best up-and-coming cities in Michigan, maybe even the United States: Grand Rapids! It is located in East Grand Rapids, a very artsy district (so if you don't get enough art at Aquinas, which there is not much of, head over there!)

I realized after my final decision that I had made the wrong one. I felt and knew where I needed to be attending school in my heart, but I had so many inhibitions and my parents and I were both wary of the outcome that we decided not to go with my seemingly 'outlandish' choice. I wanted to leave home and head to school in Chicago (almost three hours away from home). Yet, looking back, I believe I would have done things differently if I had received support and encouragement in my choice. The best advice that I can give any confused students or parents is that you only get one shot at college. Sometimes, people get lucky and 'end up' at their dream colleges. Other times, they need to seek them out. Whatever the way is, follow your hearts and go with your gut-because that will lead you to an amazing place filled with opportunities. Take the risk-it will be worth it in the long run, if that is where your heart is truly taking you!

Jessicah

Academically challenging, yet extremely fun and interesting.

Academically challenging, yet extremely fun and interesting.

My school is best known for the Academic programs that it offers. They offer a wide variety of majors, yet they have a relatively small campus. They also have some of the best professors I have ever met. They are actively involved with their students and are all experts in the fields in which they are teaching.

Find a college that has what you are looking for. If you like the city and large groups of people, find a college that has a more city setting and more students. If you prefer a more country setting with less students per class, then find a college that offers that.

Bradley

Shop around and do well in high school!. The grades you get really dictate your choices on where to go. The better you do, the more choices you'll have and the more scholarship money you can get. Don't be afraid to check out schools that you are unsure of. They could end up being your first choice.

The interaction between the professors and students. The profs really want you to succeed.

The amount of people! Aquinas is a small school.

SARAH

The super friendly staff and falculty, and a sense of community. Also the fact that it is in Grand Rapids, a very cool city with lots to do and experiance. Also they offered me more and better scholorhips and aid.

be sure to touring the campus, private tour if possible. And also check out the town or City the college is in.

So one who is into the big school thing.

Shanita

The best advice I could give parents and students about chosing the right college is that they need to come together and discuss the options. The parents can not decided for the students nor do I think the student should decide by themselves. Parents and their students need to look at all their options and what they both want in a college. For example the parents may want something affordable and close to home and the student wants to go somewhere that excells in their major and has a great student life activites, with this you can add them together and look at what schools offer this. This way everyone is happy in some way and it will lessen the tension when it comes down to decision time.

Small classes, teachers are easily assesable and willing to help and everyone here is super friendly

the campus is pretty dead on the weekends most of the events on the weekends are off campus...

Darek

When looking for a college a student should not go where his or her friends are going, but where their dreams are going. Everyone makes new friends in college and you can always see your old friends as time goes on. College is an experience that is short lived and long remembered. Students should pick a college that fits your personality and a college that will accept you for who YOU are. Going to college is about developing your mind, so use your mind to decide on your school. I see many people go to school to be with friends, girlfriends or boyfriends, and settle for a school that does not suite them, and they do not live up to their full academic potential. I now attend a school that none of my friends from high school went to, and I value my education, and still hold close connections with my friends. I encourage parents to help educate their children on their choices of schools applicable to them. Help your child choose a school that they like, that also challenges them intellectually and will provide a desirable sustainable future for them. Do not forget that the choice is ultimately theirs.

Aquinas College-Grand Rapids administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.