Aquinas College-Grand Rapids Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Aquinas College-Grand Rapids

Kailey

Aquinas is an amazing, liberal arts college that provides an excellent education. Here, we are able to connect with Professors instead of them not knowing any of our names. Aquinas is a place full of many opportunities and experiences that provide each and every student with the ability to grow and expand as intellectual human beings.

It is great here! Everyone is nice, and everyone knows each other. The classes are more personal.

Maria

The facilities and food aren't anything to write home about, just typical dorms and food - unless you're an upperclassmen and can land a spot in the newer on campus apartments. The small class sizes and campus however, make for a community where you always see people you know on your way to class and professors truly care about the students.

Levi

Please, I beg you if you are reading this do not even consider coming to Aquinas. What Aquinas does not tell you is that there is only about a 50% retention rate of all freshman. This is not because the academics are hard, it is because 90% of students live 40 mins or closer. It is high school part 2. The academics are pathetic, the classes are a joke. Graduating with a degree means nothing, because nothing was learned in the 4 years that were wasted here. To top this off the food is not edible, it has given food poising to most of the population. If you are looking for an incredibly expensive community college. This is perfect for you. The moment the weekend starts either every single person leaves, or by 5 o'clock you are already to drunk to drive home.

Teresa

I love Aquinas College. The trees, flowers and brick buildings on campus create a beautiful and relaxing environment to study or hang out with friends. Everything on campus is in close proximity to each other, and I never have to walk more the 5 minutes. This is especially nice in the winter with all the snow and cold air! The best part of campus though is the people. Most people are accepting and welcoming. When I came in as a freshmen, I knew no one, but within a week, I had a group of friends that I am still close with. You get to know a lot of people on campus because of the size, and this creates a close knit community. Overall, I love Aquinas, and I would definitely recommend visiting the campus!

Izabel

My father went to Aquinas when he was my age, and after I visited I fell in love with the campus and it's atmosphere. I love the dorm set up and the location of the college; being close to East Grand Rapids provides easy access to music shops and a variety of other places.

Catrina

Aquinas is a beautiful college, nestled in east Grand Rapids. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the people are helpful and professors are always there when you need to speak to them. Small class sizes make it very easy to communicate with classmates and the professors as well. You always know where to go once you get in the swing of things and they are very helpful. Only disadvantage is how expensive it can be, but that is the case with all colleges. I personally love Aquinas and am glad I have been attending for almost three years now--hope to be able to power through and graduate soon!

grace

Aquinas College in Grand Rapids Michigan is an amazing college. There is never a dull moment on and off campus. Professors are easy to talk to and they are always available during the week as well as weekends by email as well as text. Most of the student body is involved in a sports team. The campus is beautiful and it is so close to Downtown Grand Rapids. There is always something to do whether it is a sporting event and different clubs. The students are so open and welcoming, everyone is so nice. The Resident Assistants in the on campus houses and dorms are easily reachable and very welcoming. There is nothing bad I can say about Aquinas College.

Grant

Aquinas College is a beautifully-located private college that stresses study, prayer, service, and community. Each aspect of these pillars is encouraged and available, allowing students to find themselves in this busying and torn world. More self-actualized students and contributors to society equals a more informed body and a growing sense of unity.

Lindsay

I like Aquinas very much, when I first toured the campus I fell in love with the size. It is not too big or too small. Everyone is friendly, if you see someone you know most likely you will stop and talk a few minutes. I love being able to go off campus with my friends on the weekend and going shopping.

paulina

AQ is definitely not for everyone. It is a beautiful,peaceful, and small campus where you really do know everyone. It feels like home and every person that is a part of AQ contributes to that feeling. Professors are always available to help you and go the extra mile to make sure you succeed. The small sized group of students in a classroom are extremely helpful because you are able to concentrate better and create a connection with everyone, including professors. Finally, even though it is a small campus, there is always something to do either on campus or close to it, like downtown GR.

Karly

Aquinas College is home away from home for a small town individual. It has the country forest feel but also access to the big city of Grand Rapids. With this school you are able to experience not only academic growth but also personal growth throughout your experiences and a wide variety of networking. Since it is such a small school you are able to create relationships and get to know many other students and professors.

Katerina

I love Aquinas, there are so many amazing things that you can do and a lot of opportunities that it can create for you. Between the education, the people, and the community you always are learning something new and getting more acquainted with what is going on around you. There is nothing that I would change bout my college experience. Whether you play sports, are in theater, or work is in the art show people come and support one another because you feel so connected.

I think Aquinas College is a wonderful community of students and teachers who are proud to be involved in the learning environment provided. Aquinas offers a multitude of majors and minors, as well as a multitude of clubs and organizations. As a member of the Aquinas community, I am very privileged to be among many amazing faculty members and students that make AQ a diverse and intellectually stimulating environment. Go Saints!

Melissa

Personally, I was not a fan of Aquinas college. I transferred to this school with my associate's degree and often wonder if I would have been better off elsewhere. I did not have a great experience. Loved the church and made some friends; however, the school is so small that you are stuck with the same professors. Also, there is no football so if you are looking for activities to do there are not many at all. Would have gone somewhere else personally.

Bradley

AQ offered plenty of courses and majors with small class sizes. It was easy to find appointments with professors and they genuinely cared about you in and outside the classroom. AQ is also centrally located in Grand Rapids. It is easy to get to the mall or downtown. Grand Rapids is probably the best city in Michigan with a never ending supply of events and activities to keep you engaged and community oriented.

I love Aquinas! I chose the college before I even chose my major, and it has been wonderful. There are many different options for you here, and I have not been disappointed. There is a lot of things to get involved in whether you are interested in sports, music, or anything really. Most of my professors have been great and extremely helpful.

Clara

I love Aquinas. The professors are always available and happy to help. The students are like family and encourage each other to succeed. The social life on campus has many opportunities and there are plenty of people to get involved with. All faculty and staff is dedicated to helping you be your best self.

Tess

I really enjoy my college experience through Aquinas College. I appreciate that the class sizes allow for me to have a one on one connection with professors. I try to attend all the events being held on campus, but sometimes its hard to due to so many things going on. All the faculty and staff make my life living here very nice and are always looking out for me and my best interest. If anyone was considering going to aquinas for school, I would highly encourage them.

Darla

Aquinas College is a beautiful campus surrounded with beautiful trees. I love the professors in my Education department. I have professors that are willing to help us out even if it is not in class. Aquinas College is small and designed to help students succeed. It is not an easy college, so you do have to try hard, but for the last 4 years I am grateful for a great college like Aquinas College.