Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

They're all really friendly, and while there's a lot of drugs and alcohol on campus, there's still room for all the people who don't drink or do drugs, and everybody gets along; there's not a lot of pressure, but people mostly really care about each other.

Visit every campus you're interested in, and even ones that are just interested in you. I hadn't even heard of my school until they offered me a scholarship challenge; when I went there to take it, the moment I walked on campus I knew that I could live there. And I've been incredibly, incredibly happy. When you find the right school, it's like being in love: you just KNOW. So make sure you have that feeling.

The atmosphere and the people there. Being in the theatre department especially, there's definitely a sense of community, and it's beautiful.

grace

Alot are very loud liberals who dont really know what they're talking about; theres alot of kids who havent really learned anything and just repeat things they've heard on tv; but there are some who are really great but its like any campus-theres good and bad students here.

It's not that small but it really feels like a family. It's a nice school with nice people and some great classes. I sometimes wish they were more accomdating like other schools i looked at but i probably wouldnt transfer because of the work involved. i like it and i;ve made some great life time friends. the study abraod opportunties are fanastic.

just pick what you feel really works for you and dont settle

Julie

An openminded somewheat diverse group of students who are fairly easy to get along with.

If you have an idea of what you want to major in, find schools that have good programs for that subject and remember to look around at several different locations, even those that you wouldn't think of first, because those may be the most surprising. If you don't know what you want to major in, try looking around at different areas to see if anything looks like a place you want to live and learn in for four years. Making a list of the things you would like your college to have, it's helpful when looking through lots of different schools by narrowing down your choices. I found it very helpful to talk to people who have gone to, or know other people that went to different colleges I was interested in because personal accounts or experience can sometimes be more helpful than online descriptions or statistics. The most important thing is to explore as many as you can and try to picture yourself there: Does it have the resources I will need? Will I be comfortable living here? What is there to do around here? What do other students say about the professors and student life?

night life and weekend life - lack of facilities, things to do, etc. on or directly around campus that is inexpensive.

Students at Arcadia seem to be very dedicated to their work, their carreer, and their future.

When it comes to selecting the correct college or university for someone, in my opinion, the most important aspects are the quality of the education, accessability of the professors, quality of social life, and even to be exposed to new experiences. Sometimes it is better to move slightly out of your comfort zone. This is what allows us to grow and mature as we become adults. In addition to this, it is important to have professors that are easy to get in touch with. This is where the true value of the education shows. Any school has classes that will challenge the students, but the truly exceptional ones are those who allow the students to interact one-on-one with their professors. This exposes them to the field that they are interested in in its entirety. It also allows them to get important hands-on experience. This will help later on in job searches. When considering the college experience, the social aspect is very inportant. It is important to look for the amount and quality of the activities that the school provides. Overall, the more interactive and intellectually and socially stimulating the school is, the more successful students will be.

There seems to be a lack of activities during the weekend, and this causes most students to go home for the weekend.

tamar

No matter where you go to school it's really important to be open minded and be active. Unlike high school, no one is going to hold your hand and walk you through the process of picking classes or joining clubs or anything, except maybe the first semester. You also don't need to answer to anyone but yourself, so don't be afraid to ty new things, joing new clubs or try new sports, if you want to do something than you absolutely should. The most important factor in picking a school should be not only the academic, but also something that really catches your attention- like a program or sport or just their statement of purpose. A good study abroad program is also a good indicator of the schools involvement and the types of opportunities that might be available.

Anyone who is willing to try new things or is non judgemental. Thre are tons of opportunities ere, however you have to b active in order to truly experience everything- there are lots of hidden treasures here.

It is very expensive and the financial aide department is not really helpful.

Grace

As I searched for colleges, I wanted to find the "right" one. I searched in my own state and in the surrounding areas. First, you have to decide how far you want to be from home. I chose a school 45 minutes away-just right in my opinion-not too far that your parents are worried constantly but not too close that they can come visit every weekend. I wanted a place that I could matter to my professors, and a place where I could get to know people quickly. Think about how you picture your college experience and find a place where you see that happening. Pay attention to the classroom environments you worked well in during high school and find a college that supports that same kind of learning. Think about how each college you look at will be like your first, second, third, and senior year there. College is an amazing time in your life. It is a chance to learn a lot about yourself and the person you want to be, it is the best time to experience new things. You learn more about yourself during your college years than you do about your major.

The best thing about Arcadia are the small class sizes and the personal attention that comes along with that. I always know that my professors know and care about me. It makes me a better student.

I always talk about my small classes, my adorable residence hall room, how wonderful our staff is, and how personal everything is here.

megan

My school in rich in academics and diversity.

My school in rich in academics and diversity.

I would tell parents and students to start early to find the perfect college or university that they will be comfortable in attending. And also to get started with the financial aid and scholarship process as soon as they can. It takes alot of money to go to college these days.

I believe that the best thing about my school is that the professors and staff are always there to help with anything htat is bothering you or that you are having trouble with. They really care about your sucess.

Arcadia is beautiful! the campus is gorgeous in the spring and the fall and the study abroad opportunities here are awesome.

If I were to give advise I would say go with the college that you get so excited you got accepted to you flip out in your kitchen or by your mailbox, because that is what I did. When I saw that I was accepted to Arcadia I jumped up and down and screamed and called every family member. I knew that Arcadia was the college I really wanted to go to because of the reaction I had. Just go with your gut feelings because they are usually right. And making the most of your experience to me means getting involved with activities that you would have been involved with at home. Make new friends and just be yourself. Its hard adjusting to college life so just give it a chance before throwing in the towel. People in college in the same year are probably feeling the same way so just make new friends and breathe because college is hard work and good fun.

I wish i had known that the finaid office was so slow at what they do and that papers tend to get lost :(

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.