Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Ana

Ana, you're what, 18 years old? Listen to me please. Before you graduate and attend MECA, read this. I know you're sick of studying, and writing papers. You think art is easy and fun. But art school is not all work and no play. Art is a way of life that is not for you. I lived through the ups and downs, the struggles and the victories of adulthood. I was there when you decided to go to MECA because of "dreams of becoming an illustrator". That dream was an unrealistic expectation. I'm 22 right now, been on my own for a while, worked dead end jobs, struggled to put myself through school, spent many hours studying and writing papers because it's what I love. What you need to do is to narrow down your purpose. You always loved to help others. You always loved to learn. Art was a romantisized idea. But it's not for you. You're a rhetoritian, a guide, a helper. Stop living in that fantasy world of "starving artist", and be the Socrates you're meant to be. Love, Ana at 22. P.S remember to learn, learn, learn.

The best thing about Arcadia are the professors. Most of the professors I've had are passionate about the subject they teach, and are willing to offer the help you deserve. The professor treat you as equals, and are interested in your thoughts, ideas, and questions. If you have specific questions, you can always reach your professors, and they will guide you in the right direction. With that being said, they won't give you teh answers or suggestions, you have to work and ask for the answers and suggestions.

The worst thing about Arcadia is the lack of communication with faculty, staff, departments, and students. Most of the time, departments, faculty/staff, and students keep to themselves. If there is an issue, it takes a while for issues to be addressed. Not to say that the employees and student don't do their work, because they do, it's the lack of communication from department to department that causes issues.

Amber

The cost, as it is a private school. Also, the 15 minute walk from the train station to campus.

I believe someone looking for individual attention, a well-rounded education and a beautiful campus should attend Arcadia.

Ryan

Before I came to Arcadia I wish I would have know the importance of applying for and recieving scholarships. This school is very expensive to attend, especially for someone who lives on campus.

The type of student that sould not attend Arcadia University is a student that does not like diversity and is not open to new and differing ideals. Arcadia is an international school. Many of our students come from all around the world. If someone does not want to live near and or have class with someone who's first languge is not English, they should not come to this school.

Moriah

My school is small, maybe 1500 students. This gives us a more personal atmosphere. I know several of my professors well, and each wants to make a personal connection with us. No other school I inquired after had such a community based feel.

Dear High School Senior Me, Your first thought on campus is going to be, "Dang, these people are huge." Don't let that fact intimidate you. You're bold and courageous. Spend a little time outside of your comfort zone getting to know people. You'll discover things about yourself: you crave deep, intellectual thought and you're actually in an introvert. Take care of yourself. Find other math majors and minors. Connect with them. Realize that some friendships aren’t worth pursuing, and others are. Let some high school friendships dissolve; they were just dead skin, good for a season, but now they need to be sloughed off. Remember, you’re entering a huge transition period. You’ll want to conform to the world. Don’t. Be the light you want to see in the world. Be open and honest. Don’t lose yourself; discover yourself. Always love yourself. There are some days where you won’t feel loved; don’t dwell on those. Dwell on the days in which your friends make you feel like you’re floating on cloud nine. Stay positive. I love you. Good luck. College Freshman Me

William Jesup University has many different clubs and ways to get involved. My favorite club is the swing dancing club. It's a blast. Also, I love my teaching program. It's one of three unique programs in which candidates can get their teaching credentials in four years, instead of the standard 6-8.

Mykael

It is a quiet environment to diligently get your education.

It is a quiet environment to diligently get your education.

Take every advantage to make the transition easier. Pay more attention in all your classes and don't expect college to be like high school.

A party person. Someone who doesn't want to see the same people.

Cynthia

Arcadia univeristy has three promises: To provide a "Distinctively Global, Integrative, Personal Learning Experience". I am only a first year (they don't call us freshmen), but I have already experienced all three promises. It is a small campus, but that's what I like most about Arcadia. It's easily accessible, open, and very connected.

It has not come up yet, but I hear that every year, there is a haunted house that is held at the castle, a main building on our campus. There have been rumors that the place really is haunted and I am excited to check it out when Halloween comes around even though I am not a big horror fan!

Arcadia is known for traveling abroad so I assume that there may be a stereotype regarding that where people are wild to travel or something like that, but I have never heard about a stereotype that was placed on Arcadia.

There are groups that are more known than others, but there is an equal opportunity for each club to grow and prosper. We do not have a football team which may be a deal breaker for some people, but we have an amazing ultimate freebie team that is known for their intense training. They can be seen on the green (the center of the campus where there is a huge plot of grass in the middle) practicing almost every evening!

Brandon

Arcadia University is best known for its excellent study abroad programs and its nationally-renowned graduate program for those interested in pursuing careers in physical therapy. With students having the opportunity to travel to a variety of countries around the world, students can develop a global perspective and grow as individuals in a new environment both academically and socially. In addition, the university provides its students with a proper education and prepares them for careers in the prospective paths that they choose to follow. Arcadia provides many amazing opportunities for students to embark on their educational journeys as they please.

When you come to college, you will have the chance to find yourself. College life allows you to explore the world all on your own, make friendships to last a lifetime and learn more about yourself and your future career than you could ever imagine to be possible. This is your fresh start, a chance to become the person you always wanted to be without the boundaries of high school to keep you from moving forward. Most of all, this is your chance to shine. Be the change you wish to see in the world and don't give up when the going gets tough. In college, you'll meet people who will make you smile, help you when you're feeling down and who will teach you some of the important lessons you will ever need to learn. You can always succeed the first time, but that doesn't mean you're destined to fail the second time around either. In the end, this is your story and only you can be the one to tell it, so take chances, remember where you started and love the person that you become.

The best thing about Arcadia is that students are able to build strong bonds socially and academically with their peers and professors. The small school feel allows students of many cultures and backgrounds to express themselves and experience the fantastic opportunities the campus has to offer. The classes are typically between 15 and 40 students, which allows students to receive more academic assistance and attention both inside and outside of the classroom. In all these aspects, students are able to develop life-long friendships and connections that will be beneficial in the workplace and in future educational experiences.

Somolly

My favorite campus tradition would probably our annual Christmas sale where everyone and anyone could sell handmade things to people so that they would have something to give to someone and wood stock. those were cool.

I think the stereotype for us is that we are not that social because we a so far away from other colleges, but that's not true. I think i heard we were geeky too since we had classes such as our harry potter class and graphic novels class.

I have no experience with any other groups except for the Anime Club since they're so late in the day, which is a little upsetting since I'm a Commuter. We wear whatever we seem comfortable for the day, there is no standard. Everyone is from different states, city, and country except for some people. If there were four tables full of students in the Dining Hall expect them to be from the dorms or groups of friends hanging out for dinner, lunch, or breakfast.

kimberly

Arcadia is a school with a global perspective with a rich upbringing.

Arcadia is a school with a global perspective with a rich upbringing.

I would tell myself to study more because you never know where that could have taken you. Also talk to some people who attended the college ask them questions, truly do the research on if you want to attend this school. Keep your head up and no distractions. Take atleast one ap class to really test yourself on your capablities. Do not slack and apply for scholarships every single day until waiting till the last minute to do so. Keep doing research and talk to your teachers and counselors and friends and parents. Give yourself encouraging words and then you woud be settled into making the college transition. Try the hardest you can to visit the campus if you can't do a virtual tour or talk to someone. Learn and keep learning because it will take you far in life. With these tips you will be successful in college.

A person who loves to party and not take things seriously and who does not want to study abroad should not attend this school.

Anissa

Arcadia University is an academics driven campus that strives to give students the best education and get them prepared for their lives after college.

My school is best know for their Physical Therapy Doctorate program which we are currently ranked #7 in the nation, and, our study abroad program which we are currently ranked #1.

I would only give myself one piece of advice: embrace the experience. College is a whole new word filled with amazing experiences. Don't get too tied down with schoolwork to forget to have a little fun. There are plenty of clubs and activites that want you to get involved so DO IT! Yes, academics are the most important reason for why you are at college, but, you will miss out on new adventures and amazing opportunity if you continue to stress over schoolwork. College should be the best 4 years of your young life don't miss out on the excitement of it all cause you won't get those years back. Now go out on weekends, let your hair down, and think about schoolwork during school days because there ARE plenty of hours in the day to get it all done.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.