Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Moriah

My school is small, maybe 1500 students. This gives us a more personal atmosphere. I know several of my professors well, and each wants to make a personal connection with us. No other school I inquired after had such a community based feel.

Dear High School Senior Me, Your first thought on campus is going to be, "Dang, these people are huge." Don't let that fact intimidate you. You're bold and courageous. Spend a little time outside of your comfort zone getting to know people. You'll discover things about yourself: you crave deep, intellectual thought and you're actually in an introvert. Take care of yourself. Find other math majors and minors. Connect with them. Realize that some friendships aren’t worth pursuing, and others are. Let some high school friendships dissolve; they were just dead skin, good for a season, but now they need to be sloughed off. Remember, you’re entering a huge transition period. You’ll want to conform to the world. Don’t. Be the light you want to see in the world. Be open and honest. Don’t lose yourself; discover yourself. Always love yourself. There are some days where you won’t feel loved; don’t dwell on those. Dwell on the days in which your friends make you feel like you’re floating on cloud nine. Stay positive. I love you. Good luck. College Freshman Me

William Jesup University has many different clubs and ways to get involved. My favorite club is the swing dancing club. It's a blast. Also, I love my teaching program. It's one of three unique programs in which candidates can get their teaching credentials in four years, instead of the standard 6-8.

Mykael

It is a quiet environment to diligently get your education.

It is a quiet environment to diligently get your education.

Take every advantage to make the transition easier. Pay more attention in all your classes and don't expect college to be like high school.

A party person. Someone who doesn't want to see the same people.

Cynthia

Arcadia univeristy has three promises: To provide a "Distinctively Global, Integrative, Personal Learning Experience". I am only a first year (they don't call us freshmen), but I have already experienced all three promises. It is a small campus, but that's what I like most about Arcadia. It's easily accessible, open, and very connected.

It has not come up yet, but I hear that every year, there is a haunted house that is held at the castle, a main building on our campus. There have been rumors that the place really is haunted and I am excited to check it out when Halloween comes around even though I am not a big horror fan!

Arcadia is known for traveling abroad so I assume that there may be a stereotype regarding that where people are wild to travel or something like that, but I have never heard about a stereotype that was placed on Arcadia.

There are groups that are more known than others, but there is an equal opportunity for each club to grow and prosper. We do not have a football team which may be a deal breaker for some people, but we have an amazing ultimate freebie team that is known for their intense training. They can be seen on the green (the center of the campus where there is a huge plot of grass in the middle) practicing almost every evening!

Brandon

Arcadia University is best known for its excellent study abroad programs and its nationally-renowned graduate program for those interested in pursuing careers in physical therapy. With students having the opportunity to travel to a variety of countries around the world, students can develop a global perspective and grow as individuals in a new environment both academically and socially. In addition, the university provides its students with a proper education and prepares them for careers in the prospective paths that they choose to follow. Arcadia provides many amazing opportunities for students to embark on their educational journeys as they please.

When you come to college, you will have the chance to find yourself. College life allows you to explore the world all on your own, make friendships to last a lifetime and learn more about yourself and your future career than you could ever imagine to be possible. This is your fresh start, a chance to become the person you always wanted to be without the boundaries of high school to keep you from moving forward. Most of all, this is your chance to shine. Be the change you wish to see in the world and don't give up when the going gets tough. In college, you'll meet people who will make you smile, help you when you're feeling down and who will teach you some of the important lessons you will ever need to learn. You can always succeed the first time, but that doesn't mean you're destined to fail the second time around either. In the end, this is your story and only you can be the one to tell it, so take chances, remember where you started and love the person that you become.

The best thing about Arcadia is that students are able to build strong bonds socially and academically with their peers and professors. The small school feel allows students of many cultures and backgrounds to express themselves and experience the fantastic opportunities the campus has to offer. The classes are typically between 15 and 40 students, which allows students to receive more academic assistance and attention both inside and outside of the classroom. In all these aspects, students are able to develop life-long friendships and connections that will be beneficial in the workplace and in future educational experiences.

Somolly

My favorite campus tradition would probably our annual Christmas sale where everyone and anyone could sell handmade things to people so that they would have something to give to someone and wood stock. those were cool.

I think the stereotype for us is that we are not that social because we a so far away from other colleges, but that's not true. I think i heard we were geeky too since we had classes such as our harry potter class and graphic novels class.

I have no experience with any other groups except for the Anime Club since they're so late in the day, which is a little upsetting since I'm a Commuter. We wear whatever we seem comfortable for the day, there is no standard. Everyone is from different states, city, and country except for some people. If there were four tables full of students in the Dining Hall expect them to be from the dorms or groups of friends hanging out for dinner, lunch, or breakfast.

kimberly

Arcadia is a school with a global perspective with a rich upbringing.

Arcadia is a school with a global perspective with a rich upbringing.

I would tell myself to study more because you never know where that could have taken you. Also talk to some people who attended the college ask them questions, truly do the research on if you want to attend this school. Keep your head up and no distractions. Take atleast one ap class to really test yourself on your capablities. Do not slack and apply for scholarships every single day until waiting till the last minute to do so. Keep doing research and talk to your teachers and counselors and friends and parents. Give yourself encouraging words and then you woud be settled into making the college transition. Try the hardest you can to visit the campus if you can't do a virtual tour or talk to someone. Learn and keep learning because it will take you far in life. With these tips you will be successful in college.

A person who loves to party and not take things seriously and who does not want to study abroad should not attend this school.

Anissa

Arcadia University is an academics driven campus that strives to give students the best education and get them prepared for their lives after college.

My school is best know for their Physical Therapy Doctorate program which we are currently ranked #7 in the nation, and, our study abroad program which we are currently ranked #1.

I would only give myself one piece of advice: embrace the experience. College is a whole new word filled with amazing experiences. Don't get too tied down with schoolwork to forget to have a little fun. There are plenty of clubs and activites that want you to get involved so DO IT! Yes, academics are the most important reason for why you are at college, but, you will miss out on new adventures and amazing opportunity if you continue to stress over schoolwork. College should be the best 4 years of your young life don't miss out on the excitement of it all cause you won't get those years back. Now go out on weekends, let your hair down, and think about schoolwork during school days because there ARE plenty of hours in the day to get it all done.

Sara

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself to come to a definite decision as to what I want to do in life, before determining which college is the right fit. Also I would inform my high school-self to work hard and save up as much money as possible, in order to relieve the cost of post-high school reponsibilities. Another important piece of information I would be sure to include is that being self-sufficient is extremely important, and what I imagine to be one of the best feelings in the world, which you should always strive for. The final words of advice I would include would be that everybody's situation is different, and the only person's situation you can control is yours, but try to not let anyone or anything prevent you from achieving your goals, especially if that does person or situation doesn't benefit you, your well-being, or outlook on life.

The worst thing about my school are the expenses. Arcadia University is a small, private, and very expensive university, where I sometimes find myself struggling to support myself and unable to "keep up with the Jones'". During the last four semesters I was working at least two, on-campus jobs via work study jobs, just managing to get by. The price of living on campus is extremely high, as well as off campus because of the high cost of living in the Glenside, PA area. It would be wonderful to not have to worry about money so frequently.

Positive aspects of Arcadia University that I would "brag about" to my friends would include the small classroom sizes that allow for easy accesibility to and interaction with my professors for any questions I may have, the university's campus and location which provides the students with access to the city of Philadelphia and the surrounding shopping centers/parks/restaurants, etc, and the opportunity to hear from graduate students currently studying in my related field of study, to better understand what to expect when I'm in their position as a graduate student at Arcadia.

daisy

My school integrates with so many countries.

My school integrates with so many countries.

My school is best known for their study abroad programs and bringing in students from across teh globe to participate at Arcadia.

The advice that I would give myself would be do not start slacking off any time soon. Hhard work definiely pays off. Do not worry about getting into a relationship because they are in the way of your education. Take as many AP or IB courses as you can because they count for so many credits in college. you need them. The more credits you have, the less classes you have to take. The less classes you have to take, the less money you have to pay because you are not in a good economic state. College changes you and you need to start looking for a part time job. It will help pay off thing sthat you will need whne you get here. Make sure to do your best and nothing buth the best. Work harder! Look for as amny scholrships and grants as you can. You can do it !

Albert

Being able to go back and talk to myself about college life I would most likely say that college is not what it appears like on TV or in movies. College life focuses on studying, so all the party goers that are on TV or in movies is not reality. You will be piled up with homework from multiple classes with due date ranging from 12am that night to months down the road, therefore a student does not truly have the time to themselves to party or play video games the way that they did in high school. Also college is diverse, you may think that your roommates may be normal before you meet them or you might think the total opposite, the point is that until you meet them personally the conversations that occur in the summer does not truly show the qualities of a person. By the end of the semester you may love the person or you may hate them, the only thing that matters in the end is that you have to respect each other, every person deserves respect wither or not you get along.

On the weekends the campus is like a ghost town for a majority of the students live fairly close to the university. The campus itself is relatively small, student body makes up around 4,000 students, and when a good chunk of those students leave for the weekend it becomes quite boring. Yes, Philadelphia is 20miles away from the campus, it becomes quite annoying trying to find activities to do when you are limited due to age.

The meal plan, first year students are required to have the 14 meal plan. However, there are only two places that you can go the dinning hall or the chat. If you go to the chat you're restricted on what you can get for not every item counts as a meal exchange. The cut off to use your meal is 10pm, however, their system runs fast so you have to swipe your card around 9:50pm in order for you to even use a meal exchange. To op out of a meal plan also costs additional money.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.