Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Kiara

My classmates are some of the most amazing, fun, intelligent, innovative and caring people I have ever had the opportunity to meet and live with.

Dear Kiara- I know you are stressed about your future right now. Heck, you've always been stressed about your future and that's not a character trait that is likely to change. However, it might sooth you to know that you are making the right choices. Life is takng you where you need to be, even if the path is unexpected. I know that right now you are really only concerned with the 'Big Name' schools. They look good to employers, but are they what you need? You choice in education should not be based on a name. It should be based on the school that will give you the most it can. Yes, Big Name School X and Y can give you a pretty diploma with their names scrawelled in cursive next to their school seal, but believe it or not, Arcadia University will end up providing for you more than you can ever imagine. Stop thinking about schools based on how they will look to others and start thinking about what they can do for you. Besides, the big name schools cost a fortune anyways! Would you rather have debt or a school that helps you grow?

Something that my school does that many other Universities do not is give its students personal attention. All schools claim they provide this, but Arcadia truly holds itself to that promise. There are so few students and the classes are so small, that you actually get to know your teacher and to them you are more than just another face in a large lecture hall. Teachers, advisors and even President Tobey Oxholm himself takes a personal interest in you and helps guide you towards the path that will help you accomplish your life goals.

Tracy

I would say to go to college and not to enter the working world yet. There is plenty of time to earn money, but it is much easier to learn new concepts as a young adult. It is also much easier to attend college while you don't have the bills of an adult. Additionally, decide early on a senior institution, and keep up with the changes in courses needed. Go to community college first, it is significantly more affordable. Take only those courses that will transfer. Get involved in campus activities, it will be important when you want to transfer to a four year and have no idea how to pay for it.

I would try to get involved in more extra curricular activities and take on more AP level courses or even courses at the community college if possible. It would have given me a step up when arriving to college in the fall and the extra curriculars look good on any application, whether it be for school, scholarships, jobs, or internships. I also would have told myself to look into more scholarships earlier and try and get the most help with my tuition.

Since the student population is very small, the social life is small as well. Students are often bored on weekends and many are disappointed when they come to this school looking for parties and find that there are none. Many student have to "make their own fun" which is not that hard considering it is very easy to make friends here and we are so close to the Philadelphia area.

Someone that is looking for a small personal environment, both academically and socially. You will make friends easily here and we have a very diverse mixture of students, considering there is such a small population. You will also build very good one on one relationships with professors which is extremely beneficial when receiving a college education.

Monica

Arcadia University is geared toward success, and allows the student to prosper and grow in a comforting, and goal-oriented environment.

I would advise myself to aim to be as independent as I can, and work on the goals that I set for myself. I would say that I need to work on the study skills that I have, and work on going into school with an open mind, and know that if I do fail, I need to pick myself back up and try again. No one is perfect, and since college is such a new and very different experience, I believe that many people go into this with the idea that if they fail, they are failures. I would tell myself to learn from my mistakes, and learn how to change these things for more positive results in the future. I should go to college ready to meet new people, try new things, and be prepared to learn as much as I can!

I consider my school to be very accepting to all students and open to all people! It does a great job at making students feel welcome, and safe. I would say that the only thing I would change is the parking on campus! If you are a freshman, you might not be able to have your car, but since the increase in students, the number of parking spots seems to be decreasing! Sometimes it is hard to find places to park on campus. The times are especially rough in the afternoon! That is the only thing that I would change.

Kara

If I was able to go back to my high school self, I would tell her first off to save up. There are so many fun things to do in college, go out to eat, go see concerts, go on weekend road trips with friends, that are so much more worth my money than all the lunches and silly things I bought in high school. Secondly I would tell her to be involved in more clubs, take more fun classes instead of free periods, and be more active in the school community. It would have been great to have even more experience going into college, and to have more things under my belt when applying for scholarships so that I could for sure keep attending this amazing school. Then lastly I would tell her not to worry about the petty drama of high school, because college is right around the corner and those friends she will meet and experiences she will have are worth the wait. I would not take anything back though, because all my struggles and challenges in high school helped make me a better person for college and the rest of my life.

Arcadia University is the number one study abroad school in the nation. I was able to go to Paris on Spring Preview for $500, that's less than it cost to fly home, and it covered air fare, hotel, museum expenses as well as a few meals. Almost all my friends have or plan to study abroad during their four years here, I am going to South Africa next year with a few friends. Also I brag that we have a castle on campus haha.

Probably just that it is so expensive. Arcadia does give out good scholarships, if I hadn't gotten one I wouldn't be able to go, but it's still kind of expensive. This is frustrating to me because I love the school so much I wouldn't want to leave because of the expense. I know many students who have had to transfer because they just couldn't afford the tuition, a few of which were very close friends that I was very sad to see leave.

Kate

My classmates are the most intellegent people I have ever met.

My classmates are the most intellegent people I have ever met.

If I could go back in time and revisit my senior year, I would have a lot of advice for myself. Firstly, look at a college for the right reasons, not social status. Secondly, I would be more rigorous in applying for college scholarships and grants, every little bit can help the financial burden. Thirdly, I would tell myself not to waste my time on a boy, because I have my whole future ahead of me, and there will be plenty of boys in college.

Arcadia University should be attended by a student who is serious about academics, is driven to succeed, and is interested in study abroad oppurtunities. Arcadia had a difficult admissions process, requiring an average GPA of 3.7, with extra curricular activities. We are also the number one school in the United States for study abroad programs in over 40 countries! These programs allow the student to pay their same tuiton abroad as well. Also, Arcadia University has a friendly, small and warm campus, and should be attended by one who wants a small, yet international school.

I would tell myself to calm down. I remember being so nervous about making friends and fitting in--the fear of feeling lonely consumed me. I came to Arcadia and made friends so easily. I would tell myself to put the cell phone away on the first day or two. Stop texting and calling my friends from high school, and get out there and make friends! Granted, I did end up making friends quite easily, but I could have done so a lot sooner and quicker if I had opened up a little quicker. I would also tell myself to be open to the idea of making new "best friends". I was so convinced that my high school friends were my best friends for life. I am still close to some, but I am very close to my college friends now. Basically, I would tell myself now that I need to be, overall, open to meeting new people, learning new things, and having new experiences.

The best thing about Arcadia University, hands down, is our emphasis on global experiences. Before coming to Arcadia I had never truly traveled outside of the country. Now, after four years at Arcadia, I can say because of them I have been to Spain, England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy and Tunisia. I spent a week on Arcadia's fantastic Spring Preview program in Spain, and I spent two semesters abroad--one ine London, and the other in Sicily. Arcadia makes is easy and afforable to travel.

I have many friends from high school at big state schools. When I get together with them, I can't help but brag about how tight of a community Arcadia is, and how we joke sometimes about how we are all one big family. You walk around my campus and, stranger or not, you will be smiled at and recieved warmly. I take pride in how relaxed my university's environment is, and how welcoming all of our students are. You cannot find this kind of atmosphere at a larger school.

Jesse

I's a great school for study abroad. For example a freshmen preview in various locations nationally and globally. I would change the whole social life of the campus. It is lacking immensely. Too small. Whenever ever I say I go to Arcadia people ask me "what?" or "where is that?" basically no one has heard of it, unless you're a PT major. I spend my times in the dorm or the library. There is much to go anyways. Administration is ok. Hardly any school pride. Most frequent complaints: boring, food sucks, sports suck.

There is some racial diversity.This schools lacks economic and social diversity. It's predomniantly white. There's little interacial interactions. People who like small unathletic schools would fit perfectly here, if not don't go here! The four tables would include: jocks, all girls table, weirdos, freshmen.

The naked truth is: Arcadia is boring, no social interactions, stupid and everything negative.

Yup. It's boring as hell unless you're a partier or belong to a certain clique.

The classes are fairly easy at least for freshmen year. All the classes are small. They rarely exceed 25 students but it depends on the class and departments such as bio, chem etc. The teachers so far have been nice. They know their students names and they offer individual attention. Students study sort of but the majority study the most during finals. Not very competitive between students. Arcadia doesn't have too high of standards academic wise. Not too challenging. If you want a challenge and a good education go to a better well known school. The career development office is ok. Arcadia is more geared towards learning. You will have to work hard to get a job.

Social life is dead unless you hang out with a certain group. A car is a must have if you don't want to die of boredom. The ratio of girls to guys is painful! More guys need to come. On campus activities are lame. There are dances usually every month they aren't too much fun unless you put a lot of effort into them. You see the same people everyday. The school is very small. Not much to do. The food sucks, there's a dining hall which the food takes like plastic or nothing at all. The chat is gross, fattening and the grease sticks to your clothes. The cliques are ridiculous. Jocks only hang out with jocks. Partiers with partiers etc. Not much mingling between social groups. There are barely any upperclassmen on campus. So it's mostly freshmen that you see everyday it feels. Transportaion is not free for example the busing system is $4 round trip. The train station is a 10 minute walk and costs money to get into Philly. The athletics suck! It's division III and it still sucks. No schol spirit or pride. No famous people have come to campus. No sororities or fraternities. The clubs are lame. Not much effort is put into them.

Boring, small, white middle-upper class. Mostly people from Pennsylvania, New Jersey.

Levi

My college experience has been invaluable. By just attending school I am offered more jobs, and within those jobs higher positions because of my education. I enjoy learning new things and in college there is always something new to learn. The world will pay me what they think I am worth. I look at school as putting more money in my wallet in the future. I have enjoyed college immensely from the classes to the athletic events. Here in school I have found a degree path that will help me make a difference in this world by helping people. College is a once in a life time experience that I would not give up for anything.

Melissa

It has been valuable to attend Arcadia University because I've made amazing friend from all over the country in which I would have never got the opportunity. In addition, Arcadia University offers spring previews as part of their study abroad program so this March I will be traveling to Scotland over spring break. Plus in addition, Arcadia offers a cominbed optometry program with Salus University which gives me amazing opportunies that many other colleges do not offer.

I wish i knew that the dining hall food would be repetitive and not appetizing at all.

The most frustrating thing about Arcadia University is getting a professor that you hate. It makes going to each class very dreadful and makes learning extremely hard.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.