Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Anthony

Arcadia university is best known for its programs abroad, cultural experience, and visually, the grey castle tower.

The most valuable asset i wish to gain from college is experience. The knowledge and wisdom that can only be gained at college are invaluble to my life and the success i hope to achieve. Above all, else the greatest asset would be confidence in myself and knowing i can accomplish any task and overcome any obstacles that stand in the way.

Its expensive; however, finacial aid is readily available.

Theodora

What I have gotten out of my college experience is that education is an important tthing to have. Education is so important because without it people will not have a future. It has been valuable to attend this college because I have truly learned a lot in these past two years. I am two years away from graduating and I know that by attending this University I am going to earn the degrees I am trying to obtain.

A person who loves small class sizes should attend this school. This gives students the chance to get to know their professors on a more personal level.

How expensive it is! I love it there but it is hard to find the money to attend!

Darlene

As a mother of three, returning to college was amazing. My two eldest children attended the same school with me. It was great to be able to "compare notes" with them on some classes. It was also a family "competition" for GPA's. (I won!) Even though this experiece with my children was great, making so many new friends and experiencing things I never thought I could again was truly amazing. I have become a better person, and parent for attending. My youngest child (3rd grade) thinks it's "cool" that Mom is going to be a teacher. My experience's have giving him a better insight of his teacher as well. He better understands what is expected of him on an academic and behavior level. Over all, this has been one of the best experience's of my entire life!

Kyla

This first year of college brought a lot of different experiences for me. I tackled the independence of living on campus, away from my family, which taught me time management, self sufficiency, and raised my self esteem. I studied a semester in London at City University, getting the opportunity to see the world, immerse myself in a different culture and educational environment. My courses gave me an insight into the global work force which is important in competing in the global job market. Freshman year gave me the opportunity to think about the future, what were my goals, and how was I going to accomplish them. Attending college was the best thing that could have happened to me. I met with many people, students and professors, sharing ideas and concepts that will help me throughout life.

The best part about Arcadia University is the Study Abroad Program. In my experience studying in London, it was a wonderful experience that many college students do not get the oppurtunity to participate in. In studying abroad, it opened my eyes to the global workplace, different cultures, and amazing people I would not have met otherwise. Studying in London showed me how other students attend college and how to prepare for the global job market.

When I tell my friends about Arcadia University, I mention the amazing Study Abroad programs, including the First Year Study Abroad Experience inwhich I participated. I studied a semester of my freshman year in London. I also mention how close the campus is to Philadelphia, how nicely the campus is kept, and the number and quality of the educational facilities.

Joel

The knowledge I have accrued throughout the years, which at first seemed useless to my career, has provided me with the invaluable tools that I utilized on a daily basis. My college experience has allowed to recognize and apply many, seemingly abstract, things to my life. I have had the chance to learn about the history of world civilizations; which has taught me what, in the past, has molded me and my society. I have learned psychology; which has shown me my potential and how everyone, including me, is unique depending on their nurtured lives. I have learned sociology, math, chemistry, and biology, which have all collectively shown me how the pieces of my chaotic world fit together and suddenly become orderly. College has given me the ability to recognize and appreciate diversity and its absolute importance in society. Being in a classroom with a mixture of ages and ethnicities taught me the damage effects of my prior ethnocentricity. I have been exposed to different ethnicities all my life, but having the raw opportunity to discuss them has surely opened my eyes and expanded my horizons.

timotheus

I have got so many good opportunities to become self suffiecient and gain more exprience. In my learning in college to gain a carrer doing something I love and to share my expertise with others so that they may gain an interest in the field. I hope to one day produce documentaries for children. My education is valuable to me because, it is a commodity and needed to be in that field, on your own or with a company. I can also teach others or volunteer in the community to do benifits with local schools or organizations.

Holly

I want to go to school so I can better myself and my family. I'm going to school for human services to help my brother. He was hit by a drunk drink 3years ago and I want to be able to help him the best I can. So I feel with me going to school I can know better in what ways to help him and found great care for him as well.

Courtney

Its a perfect school for those that like small class and not a very strong campus life.

I think college is more than the academic aspect. Since the majority of students at any college are resident students and not commuters, college forces kids to separate themselves from their families. By doing this we, as students, learn to be independent and do things on our own. We also learn how to control ourselfs, since we now get to decide when we go to bed, what we eat, etc. Our choices define our life rather than our parents choice for us. Additionally, as a part of becoming independent we learn from our classes that we can't rely on teachers to tell us everything, we have to take initiative and read books, articles, and other scholary works to feed our need for knowledge.

Its study abroad program since they are ranked number one in the country. Most students get to study abroad at least once during their four years.

Mychal

Arcadia is a university that not only provides a diverse and caring community but it also provides the environment in order to grow. College gives young adults the chance to mature and adapt to the world and Arcadia is one of the best Universities for that with students from around the country as well as other countries. Not only will one acquire a valuable education at Arcadia but one will also acquire knowledge about other countries and the people who live there. Arcadia University is one of the best study abroad universities in the country and I love it.

I would tell myself to try harder and achieve higher grades in my senior year because once your done high school your done for good. There is no going back to change your grades just as there is no reset button for life. As a quote that I state to myself "The choices we make today affect our tomorrow." College life can be a dramatic game changer, some or not ready for it and others have been preparing for it since the time they stepped into 1st grade. Acquiring the good grades while in high school, especially in your senior year, can affect how smooth or how rough the transition into college can be. The transition into college can be tough but in the end, after 4 years of hard work and dedication, the rewards can be great, and the time you spend there can be great too. The more focused you are coming into college the better the transition will be and maybe the better life might be for you. College is what you make it out to be, you get out of it what you put into it. So pour your heart into it and recieve your rewards.

I wish I had known about the friends I would make here and the connections I would indulge in. There are not many campuses in the world that can make everyone feel at home. In the time I have spent at Arcadia I have made friends that I would keep for a lifetime. I also wish I knew about the fun I would have as well with all the clubs and activites I can partake on. All my life I heard college would be tough loads of work and constant studying but its not, I'm glad.

Victoria

Arcadia University is an intimate educational facility where teachers know their student's names without referring to their roll books.

Arcadia operates as a family as appose to a university; we care about one another.

Furthering one's education is means to investing in one's future. With college life comes friendships and experiences that can enrich the soles and open the minds of indivuals. It gives a growing young man or women that chance to discover whom they are and whom they aspire to be. College is a must so "just do it" like Nikey, because who could ever say "no" to a nice pair of sneaks.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.