Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

timotheus

I have got so many good opportunities to become self suffiecient and gain more exprience. In my learning in college to gain a carrer doing something I love and to share my expertise with others so that they may gain an interest in the field. I hope to one day produce documentaries for children. My education is valuable to me because, it is a commodity and needed to be in that field, on your own or with a company. I can also teach others or volunteer in the community to do benifits with local schools or organizations.

Holly

I want to go to school so I can better myself and my family. I'm going to school for human services to help my brother. He was hit by a drunk drink 3years ago and I want to be able to help him the best I can. So I feel with me going to school I can know better in what ways to help him and found great care for him as well.

Courtney

I think college is more than the academic aspect. Since the majority of students at any college are resident students and not commuters, college forces kids to separate themselves from their families. By doing this we, as students, learn to be independent and do things on our own. We also learn how to control ourselfs, since we now get to decide when we go to bed, what we eat, etc. Our choices define our life rather than our parents choice for us. Additionally, as a part of becoming independent we learn from our classes that we can't rely on teachers to tell us everything, we have to take initiative and read books, articles, and other scholary works to feed our need for knowledge.

Its a perfect school for those that like small class and not a very strong campus life.

Its study abroad program since they are ranked number one in the country. Most students get to study abroad at least once during their four years.

Mychal

Arcadia is a university that not only provides a diverse and caring community but it also provides the environment in order to grow. College gives young adults the chance to mature and adapt to the world and Arcadia is one of the best Universities for that with students from around the country as well as other countries. Not only will one acquire a valuable education at Arcadia but one will also acquire knowledge about other countries and the people who live there. Arcadia University is one of the best study abroad universities in the country and I love it.

I would tell myself to try harder and achieve higher grades in my senior year because once your done high school your done for good. There is no going back to change your grades just as there is no reset button for life. As a quote that I state to myself "The choices we make today affect our tomorrow." College life can be a dramatic game changer, some or not ready for it and others have been preparing for it since the time they stepped into 1st grade. Acquiring the good grades while in high school, especially in your senior year, can affect how smooth or how rough the transition into college can be. The transition into college can be tough but in the end, after 4 years of hard work and dedication, the rewards can be great, and the time you spend there can be great too. The more focused you are coming into college the better the transition will be and maybe the better life might be for you. College is what you make it out to be, you get out of it what you put into it. So pour your heart into it and recieve your rewards.

I wish I had known about the friends I would make here and the connections I would indulge in. There are not many campuses in the world that can make everyone feel at home. In the time I have spent at Arcadia I have made friends that I would keep for a lifetime. I also wish I knew about the fun I would have as well with all the clubs and activites I can partake on. All my life I heard college would be tough loads of work and constant studying but its not, I'm glad.

Victoria

Arcadia University is an intimate educational facility where teachers know their student's names without referring to their roll books.

Arcadia operates as a family as appose to a university; we care about one another.

Furthering one's education is means to investing in one's future. With college life comes friendships and experiences that can enrich the soles and open the minds of indivuals. It gives a growing young man or women that chance to discover whom they are and whom they aspire to be. College is a must so "just do it" like Nikey, because who could ever say "no" to a nice pair of sneaks.

Nichole

As a student currently enrolled in college now, I have realized that my ideas of college have completley changed from when I was in high school. First, I believed that I didn't have to fill out a lot of scholarships for each semester of college. I thought that once I filled out a couple of scholarships for one semester, I was finished with applying for scholarships for my whole college life. The advice I would give to myself as a high school senior is to never stop applying for scholarships. I can't keep blowing off oppurtunities and chances that may come my way and help me pay for college, because it defintely makes a difference. Another piece of advice I would give to my high school senior self is to keepsake your money. I always thought that I could control how much money I spent from work study, but of course it's easier said than done. In college, people will spend most of the money they earn, which is exactly what happened to me. I would tell my past self to not spend money on frivolous items, but to save some for my chance of going overseas.

My school is best known for it's study abroad experience. It has the number one study abroad program in the country! Arcadia makes it extremely easy to allow its students to go overseas while still completing credits for their majors. Arcadia sends their first year students to London, Scotland, or Spain during their first or second semesters, and encourages other students to experience living abroad at one point in their college lives. At Arcadia, the staff gives extra help to make sure that students can study abroad, such as giving out fee waivers for the trip.

If I had to choose, the worse thing about my school is that even though there are fun activities planned out during the week, a lot of people leave over the weekends. It seems that no one hangs out with their friends over the weekend, and the idea of Arcadia being a close knit community doesn't exist anymore. This problem at some points really frustrating, because when people leave the campus, there's nothing to do and the atmosphere at the school is pretty much dead. Different activites are set up but they don't seem effective.

Rebecka

Arcadia University is full of opportunity to excel in the classroom, on the sporting fields and across the world.

Arcadia University has the best study abroad program in the United States and is ranked 7th in the nation for physical therapy. Campus is small and the teachers are always willing to help students. As a student at Arcadia I will receive the opportunity to travel abroad for two whole semesters and other smaller trips with the honors program or freshman preview. No other schools that I considered could offer this to me with such a variety of choices and allow me to play sports at the same time.

College life is full of freedoms that have yet to be experienced. There is the freedom to eat what you want, exercise when you want, study when you want, and also the option to make bad choices. The best advice that I could give myself would be to rememeber that attending college will shape my future. I'd advise myself to continue to make good decisions and not follow the crowd. Each and everyday at college is a chance to grow more independent and to do so in a positive manner means making smart decisions as well as trusting my instincts in unfamiliar environments. The biggest misunderstanding that students have is that college is similar to high school in the classroom, when really it's a totally independent learning environment. I'd stress that courses taken in college are to be taken very seriously everyday and one bad test grade can ruin your GPA that semester. Most importantly, I'd remind myself that these are the best 4 years of my life, and I should enjoy every activity that I possibly can.

Kimberly

An atmosphere that both helps maintain a love for learning and prepares intelligent and self aware human beings for the world by creating and maintaing an environment where people are encouraged to take their education, and their futures, into their own hands .

Unafraid to show people exactly who they are and the things that interest them, despite what others may think, while being fully dedicated to using that freedom of self to fulfill the career and life dreams that they hold.

Don't worry and don't panic. Your life may seem satisfactory, maybe even extraordinary, at times but that is no reason to not accept change into your life. A well lived life is dynamic, its about learning how to deal with the things life throws at you, to make the best of them and find the people and things that help you when things seem tough. Change may seem terrible, simply a wrench thrown into a train of thought and life that was working just fine, but just let it come. You waste time by dwelling too much on what things you think might end up badly in the future. Enjoy this last year at a school that feels like home, with people that you have grown up with and whom you love with everything but at the same time prepare yourself for what will come. Be excited, you think you have lived up to now, but your life has barely even started.

Cameron

The first thing i ould have to do is stop myself and make him believe its me. Once that is done ill explain to him how important your gpa is, so dont slack off. I would say "your gpa is as important as your guitar, you dont want it to break and wither away do you?" I would admit that i slacked off some in highschool. i actually wish i could go back and time too actually do this. I if it was me in the 9th grade, i would sit him(me) down and explain to him that some classes in highschool are actually important to take for your future. Most kids in highschool do know this, so they just goof off throughout all highschool. Once they get to 12th grade year it finally strickes them that , "wow, i messed up, and i cant take it back." Now in life ive grown wiser and know hats ahead of me and what i need to do to go back to school. I would love to go to a highschool today and explain that to kids. Kids in highschool these days only care about their friends and forget their studies.

Deena

Arcadia is small, compared to my other choice, Temple University. At Arcadia, people know your name and take the time to discover more about you. It has the #1 Study Abroad program in the country and there are students all over the world that wouldn't have necessarily had the opportunity if it had not been for Arcadia's great staff. The dining hall staff serenade you while you eat and it is mintes from the city of Philadelphia, and yet you get this feeling you're far from the hustle and bustle.

Deena, I know that you're busy with prom, senior week, and cherishing these last moments with your close friends, but remember to not slack off this year. Yes, you got accepted into college, but you still need good grades for scholarships and to keep up your G.P.A. A transition is coming and it might be scary at times, but it might also be a fun time to learn from. More responsibilities await you and it is time for you to step up to the plate and start thinking about your career. You will meet lots of people that will touch your heart and help you along the way. If you ever need help while in college, there are always people to turn to. You will need to adjust to living with others, working on group projects, and being organized. Make sure you get involved with events on campus!! Make use of your time wisely while at school, because these years are going to go fast! Make smart choices, and grow and learn. Take in everything, have no regrets, and create life-long memories! Just keep up the good work and you'll do great!

It's hard not to brag to my friends about my school when it has a castle and such an aesthetic campus. The atmosphere is serene and inviting. Never have I felt more comfortable. The faculty, dining hall staff, and my fellow students are among the most accepting and welcoming individuals. It is a great learning environment and it allows you to focus on what you're really there for: enlightenment. It is my cabin in the woods where I can truly be myself and feel myself growing.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.