Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Deena

Arcadia is small, compared to my other choice, Temple University. At Arcadia, people know your name and take the time to discover more about you. It has the #1 Study Abroad program in the country and there are students all over the world that wouldn't have necessarily had the opportunity if it had not been for Arcadia's great staff. The dining hall staff serenade you while you eat and it is mintes from the city of Philadelphia, and yet you get this feeling you're far from the hustle and bustle.

Deena, I know that you're busy with prom, senior week, and cherishing these last moments with your close friends, but remember to not slack off this year. Yes, you got accepted into college, but you still need good grades for scholarships and to keep up your G.P.A. A transition is coming and it might be scary at times, but it might also be a fun time to learn from. More responsibilities await you and it is time for you to step up to the plate and start thinking about your career. You will meet lots of people that will touch your heart and help you along the way. If you ever need help while in college, there are always people to turn to. You will need to adjust to living with others, working on group projects, and being organized. Make sure you get involved with events on campus!! Make use of your time wisely while at school, because these years are going to go fast! Make smart choices, and grow and learn. Take in everything, have no regrets, and create life-long memories! Just keep up the good work and you'll do great!

It's hard not to brag to my friends about my school when it has a castle and such an aesthetic campus. The atmosphere is serene and inviting. Never have I felt more comfortable. The faculty, dining hall staff, and my fellow students are among the most accepting and welcoming individuals. It is a great learning environment and it allows you to focus on what you're really there for: enlightenment. It is my cabin in the woods where I can truly be myself and feel myself growing.

My classmates are hard working students like myself, and are all trying to get their degrees. My friends on campus are very down to earth and are people I can relate too and confide in.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely go back in time and tell myself to hit the books more. College is definitely not like high school and you can't afford to fool around. I had struggled some in college calculus, and if I knew I was going to have problems, I would have asked for more help or taken a college course during my senior year to see how the classes would be like. I would also tell myself not to stress so much because it is not healthy and there is always someone or somewhere to go to ask for help.

The best thing about my school is how involved everyone is in the community. All of the clubs and sports require some volunteer work to be done for the year and I think that it is very important to be involved.

Bailey

I would tell myself to be free to be myself. It took me a while to crack out of my shell and allow myself to meet people. It was strange for me because I am naturally a very outgoing person. I guess I just was not sure about everyone just yet. I would tell myself to do everything Arcadia offered, and put myself in a position that is not exactly comfortable. That is how people truly grow and learn about themselves and others. I feel like I have the chance to do that at Arcadia every day.

The cost and finanical stress this school causes me is insane. I am always struggling to figure out where the money is coming from each semester. I am in love with Arcadia, and know that it is the best place for me to be. I am learning and growing in ways I am extremely proud of, but I am constantly worried if money is going to keep me from graduating.

There is really no "type" of person that would not fit in here. There is a very diverse student body, and I am personally friends with many different kinds of people. My only concern would be for those looking for greek life. Arcadia does not tolerate any fraternities or sororities, and we do not have a football team. So if those are big determining factors Arcadia is not the best place for you.

Kelly

We have a castle on campus. It's actually pretty cool - freshmen can live on the third floor if they sign up for it. I did and it was amazing, like living in Hogwarts for real. Curling up next to the fireplace in the lounge on one of the old comfy couches made studying seem fun...

Be more outgoing! Making new friends and meeting new people will ALWAYS feel scary in a new place, but it's worth it to put yourself out there. In the end the people who will end up being your best friends will love you for the stupid things you blurt out that others laugh at you harshly for - nothing but endearing foibles. In about two years, you'll get a tattoo with Aysha that says "If we fall into ourselves, we will become free" and it will be one of the most important moments of your life. College will be about you figuring out that it's actually OK for you to be yourself, and love yourself, and be selfish every once in a while. Just whatever you do, and as soon as you figure that out, don't let it go, OK? 'Cause remember how your folks always used to say that high school would be "the best days of your life"? They were wrong, the best days are the ones that you live with a smile on your face. You realize that in college, baby doll, and nothing could be more important.

The class size here is fantastic. I've never been in a class larger than maybe 25 kids, and because of that it's really easy for everyone to discuss things openly since most of our classes here are discussion based seminar-type classes. It also makes it easier for people to share different ideas without things getting too heated and turning into a debate or an argument.

Taysha

My classmates in my major classes are all very enthusiastic and excited to learn; my classmates in my general requirement courses dread going.

It definitely takes a great amount of time to adjust to something that is completely different than what you have ever experienced; however as much as you might be frustrated going through the transition, you will see yourself start to change. You will see growth, positive growth into a person of society, into the person that you want to be in this life. You will learn so many things about yourself and about the world and will learn how to be a person who can contribute to your community and much later, the world. So no matter how hard the struggle will definitely seem at times, have faith and trust in yourself. Be confident about who you are, where you came from, and why you are here. I can guarantee you will make it.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of a communal sense. People here are friendly, but no one wants to get to know other people outside of their own social groups. Everyone walks around campus with a scoul on their face. I've tried smiling or saying hi to people as I pass by but they avoid eye contact. WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL! Half of the campus also goes home on the weekends. I don't know. I guess this all is just proof that most of the campus regrets their decision of choosing Arcadia.

Katherine

The student-teacher interraction here seems to be a lot more personal and developed than at other schools I looked at. Also, I transferred here this year from another school and I like the classes a little better here. The big draw for Arcadia is that it's supposed to be #1 in study abroad, but everyone I've talked to who's done it says it's no different from other schools and really just complicated.

In high school I was very conflicted about which college to choose to go to. Eventually I chose Northern Arizona University, but when I tried to study abroad through them it ended up being a big mess, so I transferred to Arcadia. Looking back now, I would tell myself to just stick with my first choice. My heart was in it and I never should have left. So what if I couldn't study abroad? I could always take the initiative and travel on my own. There are chances for a new experience around every corner. However, transferring to a small school where the friend cliques are completely formed from week one (as I've done now) hasn't proven to be fertile ground for many good opportunities at all. I would tell myself that no matter how homesick or out of control I felt at the beginning, it would all end up being a great journey in the end, one that made me stronger, more independent, and most important of all, happy. I would make sure I understood what an amazing chance I had, and how I should have never let go of it.

The classes, because they're the only things so far that I really haven't had a problem with. Everything else has some issue or drawback that makes me think that I might have made the wrong decision by transferring here.

Angela

Everyday when I go to class, I always see the same people there because we are such a small school, therefore everyone I see is important to me in some way, and I appreciate the time that we get to see each other.

Be ready to put yourself out there, and be ready for new things. Even if you may have to work alot to get through school, always find a way to have fun with friends and to get out, because everyone needs to have fun! Try your hardest to study abroad, even though, financially, it may seem impossible. I am just now hearing about all of the scholarships available to college students who wish to see the world, and I wish I had made that part of my experience. Overall, don't hesitate, jump in!

Of course there is the Arcadia Castle to to tell evyerone about, but I mostly enjoy telling my friends about the awesome art classes that I am able to take. The classes allow you to get in touch with your thoughts and expressivley show them through your work. Also, the classrooms that are for these courses are also castle-like and help you in your creative process. My friends have been to my campus to see the rooms and such, and they agree, it's pretty fabulous!

Cassie

College is everything you hoped it would be. Go and take every opportunity you are given. Arcadia will help you change the world. It will shape you into someone you didn't knwo you could be. All the fears you have about becoming a teacher will diminsih the first time you walk into class. The community that Arcadia has built will uplift you every day. You will be surrounded by people that believe in everything that you are and everything that you want. Doubting yourself is not possible at this school. The opportunities you are given to work with children and teachers in actual classrooms is like nothing you've ever done before. Travel the world, because "Life is a book and those who don't travel only read one page." Love your life and appreciate it and know that you will always have the Arcadia community to support you.

Yu

Global education, friendly environment, and expert professors

Global education, friendly environment, and expert professors

It sets your mind into studying abroad, thinking about global issues and traveling

To find the right college, you have to ask yourself what are the things most important for you. There is no perfect college, offering all the activities you want or all the programs you are interested in majoring in. However, you can choose an "almost perfect" college for youself by doing some research. You can Look up information about the school online, ask others who might know about the school, and participate in online chats that the college may offer. Most importantly, you must SEE the campus. College is a place that prepares you for the future. Not only that, but it's also a place that you should feel comfortable in and be able to have fun. Don't let money get in the way. If you know this is the right place, go for it! To make the most out of your college experience, you should not only be learning and exploring, but also you should be making friends and setting up good relationships with people around you!

Shobitha

When choosing the right college, it is important to consider for what reasons the student is attending the school. Those students who see themselves being able to excell in the environment where their study habits can be enhanced, normally succeed. On another note, if a student is undecided of their major, the student should have a general idea of what they want to do in life, otherwise their college education may not be sufficient for them.

The teachers are very helpful and they want you to succeed in their class. Also, there is plenty of tutoring available for those who are having trouble. Arcadia University wants their students to get their money's worth.

~Students who intend to excell. ~Students who intend to study abroad. ~Students attending for the many graduate programs available.

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.