Glenside, PA
Arcadia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arcadia University

Rebecka

Arcadia University is full of opportunity to excel in the classroom, on the sporting fields and across the world.

Arcadia University has the best study abroad program in the United States and is ranked 7th in the nation for physical therapy. Campus is small and the teachers are always willing to help students. As a student at Arcadia I will receive the opportunity to travel abroad for two whole semesters and other smaller trips with the honors program or freshman preview. No other schools that I considered could offer this to me with such a variety of choices and allow me to play sports at the same time.

College life is full of freedoms that have yet to be experienced. There is the freedom to eat what you want, exercise when you want, study when you want, and also the option to make bad choices. The best advice that I could give myself would be to rememeber that attending college will shape my future. I'd advise myself to continue to make good decisions and not follow the crowd. Each and everyday at college is a chance to grow more independent and to do so in a positive manner means making smart decisions as well as trusting my instincts in unfamiliar environments. The biggest misunderstanding that students have is that college is similar to high school in the classroom, when really it's a totally independent learning environment. I'd stress that courses taken in college are to be taken very seriously everyday and one bad test grade can ruin your GPA that semester. Most importantly, I'd remind myself that these are the best 4 years of my life, and I should enjoy every activity that I possibly can.

Kimberly

An atmosphere that both helps maintain a love for learning and prepares intelligent and self aware human beings for the world by creating and maintaing an environment where people are encouraged to take their education, and their futures, into their own hands .

Unafraid to show people exactly who they are and the things that interest them, despite what others may think, while being fully dedicated to using that freedom of self to fulfill the career and life dreams that they hold.

Don't worry and don't panic. Your life may seem satisfactory, maybe even extraordinary, at times but that is no reason to not accept change into your life. A well lived life is dynamic, its about learning how to deal with the things life throws at you, to make the best of them and find the people and things that help you when things seem tough. Change may seem terrible, simply a wrench thrown into a train of thought and life that was working just fine, but just let it come. You waste time by dwelling too much on what things you think might end up badly in the future. Enjoy this last year at a school that feels like home, with people that you have grown up with and whom you love with everything but at the same time prepare yourself for what will come. Be excited, you think you have lived up to now, but your life has barely even started.

Cameron

The first thing i ould have to do is stop myself and make him believe its me. Once that is done ill explain to him how important your gpa is, so dont slack off. I would say "your gpa is as important as your guitar, you dont want it to break and wither away do you?" I would admit that i slacked off some in highschool. i actually wish i could go back and time too actually do this. I if it was me in the 9th grade, i would sit him(me) down and explain to him that some classes in highschool are actually important to take for your future. Most kids in highschool do know this, so they just goof off throughout all highschool. Once they get to 12th grade year it finally strickes them that , "wow, i messed up, and i cant take it back." Now in life ive grown wiser and know hats ahead of me and what i need to do to go back to school. I would love to go to a highschool today and explain that to kids. Kids in highschool these days only care about their friends and forget their studies.

Deena

Arcadia is small, compared to my other choice, Temple University. At Arcadia, people know your name and take the time to discover more about you. It has the #1 Study Abroad program in the country and there are students all over the world that wouldn't have necessarily had the opportunity if it had not been for Arcadia's great staff. The dining hall staff serenade you while you eat and it is mintes from the city of Philadelphia, and yet you get this feeling you're far from the hustle and bustle.

Deena, I know that you're busy with prom, senior week, and cherishing these last moments with your close friends, but remember to not slack off this year. Yes, you got accepted into college, but you still need good grades for scholarships and to keep up your G.P.A. A transition is coming and it might be scary at times, but it might also be a fun time to learn from. More responsibilities await you and it is time for you to step up to the plate and start thinking about your career. You will meet lots of people that will touch your heart and help you along the way. If you ever need help while in college, there are always people to turn to. You will need to adjust to living with others, working on group projects, and being organized. Make sure you get involved with events on campus!! Make use of your time wisely while at school, because these years are going to go fast! Make smart choices, and grow and learn. Take in everything, have no regrets, and create life-long memories! Just keep up the good work and you'll do great!

It's hard not to brag to my friends about my school when it has a castle and such an aesthetic campus. The atmosphere is serene and inviting. Never have I felt more comfortable. The faculty, dining hall staff, and my fellow students are among the most accepting and welcoming individuals. It is a great learning environment and it allows you to focus on what you're really there for: enlightenment. It is my cabin in the woods where I can truly be myself and feel myself growing.

My classmates are hard working students like myself, and are all trying to get their degrees. My friends on campus are very down to earth and are people I can relate too and confide in.

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely go back in time and tell myself to hit the books more. College is definitely not like high school and you can't afford to fool around. I had struggled some in college calculus, and if I knew I was going to have problems, I would have asked for more help or taken a college course during my senior year to see how the classes would be like. I would also tell myself not to stress so much because it is not healthy and there is always someone or somewhere to go to ask for help.

The best thing about my school is how involved everyone is in the community. All of the clubs and sports require some volunteer work to be done for the year and I think that it is very important to be involved.

Bailey

I would tell myself to be free to be myself. It took me a while to crack out of my shell and allow myself to meet people. It was strange for me because I am naturally a very outgoing person. I guess I just was not sure about everyone just yet. I would tell myself to do everything Arcadia offered, and put myself in a position that is not exactly comfortable. That is how people truly grow and learn about themselves and others. I feel like I have the chance to do that at Arcadia every day.

The cost and finanical stress this school causes me is insane. I am always struggling to figure out where the money is coming from each semester. I am in love with Arcadia, and know that it is the best place for me to be. I am learning and growing in ways I am extremely proud of, but I am constantly worried if money is going to keep me from graduating.

There is really no "type" of person that would not fit in here. There is a very diverse student body, and I am personally friends with many different kinds of people. My only concern would be for those looking for greek life. Arcadia does not tolerate any fraternities or sororities, and we do not have a football team. So if those are big determining factors Arcadia is not the best place for you.

Kelly

We have a castle on campus. It's actually pretty cool - freshmen can live on the third floor if they sign up for it. I did and it was amazing, like living in Hogwarts for real. Curling up next to the fireplace in the lounge on one of the old comfy couches made studying seem fun...

Be more outgoing! Making new friends and meeting new people will ALWAYS feel scary in a new place, but it's worth it to put yourself out there. In the end the people who will end up being your best friends will love you for the stupid things you blurt out that others laugh at you harshly for - nothing but endearing foibles. In about two years, you'll get a tattoo with Aysha that says "If we fall into ourselves, we will become free" and it will be one of the most important moments of your life. College will be about you figuring out that it's actually OK for you to be yourself, and love yourself, and be selfish every once in a while. Just whatever you do, and as soon as you figure that out, don't let it go, OK? 'Cause remember how your folks always used to say that high school would be "the best days of your life"? They were wrong, the best days are the ones that you live with a smile on your face. You realize that in college, baby doll, and nothing could be more important.

The class size here is fantastic. I've never been in a class larger than maybe 25 kids, and because of that it's really easy for everyone to discuss things openly since most of our classes here are discussion based seminar-type classes. It also makes it easier for people to share different ideas without things getting too heated and turning into a debate or an argument.

Taysha

My classmates in my major classes are all very enthusiastic and excited to learn; my classmates in my general requirement courses dread going.

It definitely takes a great amount of time to adjust to something that is completely different than what you have ever experienced; however as much as you might be frustrated going through the transition, you will see yourself start to change. You will see growth, positive growth into a person of society, into the person that you want to be in this life. You will learn so many things about yourself and about the world and will learn how to be a person who can contribute to your community and much later, the world. So no matter how hard the struggle will definitely seem at times, have faith and trust in yourself. Be confident about who you are, where you came from, and why you are here. I can guarantee you will make it.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of a communal sense. People here are friendly, but no one wants to get to know other people outside of their own social groups. Everyone walks around campus with a scoul on their face. I've tried smiling or saying hi to people as I pass by but they avoid eye contact. WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL! Half of the campus also goes home on the weekends. I don't know. I guess this all is just proof that most of the campus regrets their decision of choosing Arcadia.

Katherine

The student-teacher interraction here seems to be a lot more personal and developed than at other schools I looked at. Also, I transferred here this year from another school and I like the classes a little better here. The big draw for Arcadia is that it's supposed to be #1 in study abroad, but everyone I've talked to who's done it says it's no different from other schools and really just complicated.

In high school I was very conflicted about which college to choose to go to. Eventually I chose Northern Arizona University, but when I tried to study abroad through them it ended up being a big mess, so I transferred to Arcadia. Looking back now, I would tell myself to just stick with my first choice. My heart was in it and I never should have left. So what if I couldn't study abroad? I could always take the initiative and travel on my own. There are chances for a new experience around every corner. However, transferring to a small school where the friend cliques are completely formed from week one (as I've done now) hasn't proven to be fertile ground for many good opportunities at all. I would tell myself that no matter how homesick or out of control I felt at the beginning, it would all end up being a great journey in the end, one that made me stronger, more independent, and most important of all, happy. I would make sure I understood what an amazing chance I had, and how I should have never let go of it.

The classes, because they're the only things so far that I really haven't had a problem with. Everything else has some issue or drawback that makes me think that I might have made the wrong decision by transferring here.

Angela

Everyday when I go to class, I always see the same people there because we are such a small school, therefore everyone I see is important to me in some way, and I appreciate the time that we get to see each other.

Be ready to put yourself out there, and be ready for new things. Even if you may have to work alot to get through school, always find a way to have fun with friends and to get out, because everyone needs to have fun! Try your hardest to study abroad, even though, financially, it may seem impossible. I am just now hearing about all of the scholarships available to college students who wish to see the world, and I wish I had made that part of my experience. Overall, don't hesitate, jump in!

Of course there is the Arcadia Castle to to tell evyerone about, but I mostly enjoy telling my friends about the awesome art classes that I am able to take. The classes allow you to get in touch with your thoughts and expressivley show them through your work. Also, the classrooms that are for these courses are also castle-like and help you in your creative process. My friends have been to my campus to see the rooms and such, and they agree, it's pretty fabulous!

Arcadia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.