Arcadia University

« See more reviews of Arcadia University

To parents, let your child be him/herself. Don't tell them what you want them to do or where you want them to go, let them decide. After all this is their education. No matter what they choose, always show your support for them, going to college is very nerve racking and they need someone behind them to support them. To students, college is not all about partying but it is not all about studying either. You need to learn to balance your studies with your social activities and learn to be careful with drinking and drugs. Some campuses don't contact police and some do. Being caught once with illegal drugs could get you kicked out of housing or depending upon the situation, out of the school. You are on your own now, no more mommy and daddy to proteect you, you pay 100% for your actions, so make your decisions good and safe. My best advice for students, is make your college years unforgettable, they are the best years of your life, live them up and set yourself up for a good career.

The first thing i ould have to do is stop myself and make him believe its me. Once that is done ill explain to him how important your gpa is, so dont slack off. I would say "your gpa is as important as your guitar, you dont want it to break and wither away do you?" I would admit that i slacked off some in highschool. i actually wish i could go back and time too actually do this. I if it was me in the 9th grade, i would sit him(me) down and explain to him that some classes in highschool are actually important to take for your future. Most kids in highschool do know this, so they just goof off throughout all highschool. Once they get to 12th grade year it finally strickes them that , "wow, i messed up, and i cant take it back." Now in life ive grown wiser and know hats ahead of me and what i need to do to go back to school. I would love to go to a highschool today and explain that to kids. Kids in highschool these days only care about their friends and forget their studies.

Be more outgoing! Making new friends and meeting new people will ALWAYS feel scary in a new place, but it's worth it to put yourself out there. In the end the people who will end up being your best friends will love you for the stupid things you blurt out that others laugh at you harshly for - nothing but endearing foibles. In about two years, you'll get a tattoo with Aysha that says "If we fall into ourselves, we will become free" and it will be one of the most important moments of your life. College will be about you figuring out that it's actually OK for you to be yourself, and love yourself, and be selfish every once in a while. Just whatever you do, and as soon as you figure that out, don't let it go, OK? 'Cause remember how your folks always used to say that high school would be "the best days of your life"? They were wrong, the best days are the ones that you live with a smile on your face. You realize that in college, baby doll, and nothing could be more important.

Being able to go back and talk to myself about college life I would most likely say that college is not what it appears like on TV or in movies. College life focuses on studying, so all the party goers that are on TV or in movies is not reality. You will be piled up with homework from multiple classes with due date ranging from 12am that night to months down the road, therefore a student does not truly have the time to themselves to party or play video games the way that they did in high school. Also college is diverse, you may think that your roommates may be normal before you meet them or you might think the total opposite, the point is that until you meet them personally the conversations that occur in the summer does not truly show the qualities of a person. By the end of the semester you may love the person or you may hate them, the only thing that matters in the end is that you have to respect each other, every person deserves respect wither or not you get along.

When you come to college, you will have the chance to find yourself. College life allows you to explore the world all on your own, make friendships to last a lifetime and learn more about yourself and your future career than you could ever imagine to be possible. This is your fresh start, a chance to become the person you always wanted to be without the boundaries of high school to keep you from moving forward. Most of all, this is your chance to shine. Be the change you wish to see in the world and don't give up when the going gets tough. In college, you'll meet people who will make you smile, help you when you're feeling down and who will teach you some of the important lessons you will ever need to learn. You can always succeed the first time, but that doesn't mean you're destined to fail the second time around either. In the end, this is your story and only you can be the one to tell it, so take chances, remember where you started and love the person that you become.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself to come to a definite decision as to what I want to do in life, before determining which college is the right fit. Also I would inform my high school-self to work hard and save up as much money as possible, in order to relieve the cost of post-high school reponsibilities. Another important piece of information I would be sure to include is that being self-sufficient is extremely important, and what I imagine to be one of the best feelings in the world, which you should always strive for. The final words of advice I would include would be that everybody's situation is different, and the only person's situation you can control is yours, but try to not let anyone or anything prevent you from achieving your goals, especially if that does person or situation doesn't benefit you, your well-being, or outlook on life.

Finding the best college is hard. The best thing that i have figured out is to decide what is more important to you...this should be your major. Narrow it down to looking at just the schools that are known for that major. When it comes down to it most colleges are the same...you take the same kinds of classes, but finding a school that is known for International Studies for example will gear your college experience towards what you personally are looking for. Another thing to remember is colleges make a lot off money off of one student so they will always promise more than theyw ill ever end up giving you. To make the most of your college experience, you don't need to be involved in a lot of groups or go out every weekend. It's about going on excursions throught he town with your roomates, and having movie nights with cookie dough, those are the things you'll remember forever, not being part of student activest clubs.

To find the right college, you have to ask yourself what are the things most important for you. There is no perfect college, offering all the activities you want or all the programs you are interested in majoring in. However, you can choose an "almost perfect" college for youself by doing some research. You can Look up information about the school online, ask others who might know about the school, and participate in online chats that the college may offer. Most importantly, you must SEE the campus. College is a place that prepares you for the future. Not only that, but it's also a place that you should feel comfortable in and be able to have fun. Don't let money get in the way. If you know this is the right place, go for it! To make the most out of your college experience, you should not only be learning and exploring, but also you should be making friends and setting up good relationships with people around you!

I strongly believe that the student should decide where he/she should go. Parents should not be as involved once reaching college. Students need to look at several different variables when choosing a college, e.g. location, number of undergraduates, involvement on campus, etc. If a student is solely in college for the academics, then that student should go where education is the best and he/she can dedicate all of his/her time on learning. At the school I attend, academics and involvement are nearly equal. I maintain an amazing GPA as well as act as a student leader in several clubs and organizations. The best way, as aforementioned, is to way out the pros and cons of each school you wish to apply to and pick the one, not with the most pros, but the least amount of cons. And when applying, don't only apply to a certain type of school. Have a variety so the student can have choices to pick from.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to really research colleges. "Make sure you actualy like them and take the school reviews seriously." Also I would tell myself to work much harder because college will only get more difficult as you go on. The classes get harder and harder and life becomes more serious. You will stress about money and a job so make sure to line one up ahead of time. Also make sure you live with great people. Your stress will only be greater if you live with people who clash with you. Become good friends with your professors. They can help you down the line in getting jobs and internships. You will need this the most because once college is over it will be difficult to actually get a job. Plus, don't choose relationships over your education. You do not need to spend everyday having fun. Seriously focus and put effort into your work. Do not be ridiculous.