Arcadia University

« See more reviews of Arcadia University

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely go back in time and tell myself to hit the books more. College is definitely not like high school and you can't afford to fool around. I had struggled some in college calculus, and if I knew I was going to have problems, I would have asked for more help or taken a college course during my senior year to see how the classes would be like. I would also tell myself not to stress so much because it is not healthy and there is always someone or somewhere to go to ask for help.

I would tell myself to get involved with assisting my psychology professors in their research projects right away, instead of waiting until my Junior year. The professors are very open and willing to include their students with their personal academic work. Working as a research assistant has opened so many doors and presented me with so many opportunities that I would not have been able to explore if I had not made the first move and put myself out there. It is risky to put yourself out there, but it is well-worth the risk.

I have got so many good opportunities to become self suffiecient and gain more exprience. In my learning in college to gain a carrer doing something I love and to share my expertise with others so that they may gain an interest in the field. I hope to one day produce documentaries for children. My education is valuable to me because, it is a commodity and needed to be in that field, on your own or with a company. I can also teach others or volunteer in the community to do benifits with local schools or organizations.

Be ready to put yourself out there, and be ready for new things. Even if you may have to work alot to get through school, always find a way to have fun with friends and to get out, because everyone needs to have fun! Try your hardest to study abroad, even though, financially, it may seem impossible. I am just now hearing about all of the scholarships available to college students who wish to see the world, and I wish I had made that part of my experience. Overall, don't hesitate, jump in!

I would tell myself to be free to be myself. It took me a while to crack out of my shell and allow myself to meet people. It was strange for me because I am naturally a very outgoing person. I guess I just was not sure about everyone just yet. I would tell myself to do everything Arcadia offered, and put myself in a position that is not exactly comfortable. That is how people truly grow and learn about themselves and others. I feel like I have the chance to do that at Arcadia every day.

Find a achool that makes sense finacially. Also, look at programs that are most similar to what the student wants to study. Find a school with a lot of variety in class options. If a student is unsure of what they want to study going to a school that has diverse general education requirements can help a student get a taste of various fields without wasting time and money. Makeing sure the student feels comfortable and safe on the campus and its surrounding areas is also very important.

Finding the right college is about figuring out what you want out of your classes, whether you want small or large classes and whether you would function well in a big city or a small suburb. College life, aside from the school work and classes, is about trying to have fun and make new friends. Trying new activities and going to campus events is a good way to meet other people on campus. Exploring the area around the campus is also fun especially if you are not from the area.

Make sure they know exactly what they want in a school, if they dont then dont push them to fully decide then and there, because there is always the opportunity to transfer to another school if they dont like the first one. Overall make sure they know what they are getting into, especially if they have had problems with grades in the past. College can be tough in the first year but make sure they know they can come back especially in a good school with a lot of support.

It has been valuable to attend Arcadia University because I've made amazing friend from all over the country in which I would have never got the opportunity. In addition, Arcadia University offers spring previews as part of their study abroad program so this March I will be traveling to Scotland over spring break. Plus in addition, Arcadia offers a cominbed optometry program with Salus University which gives me amazing opportunies that many other colleges do not offer.

I would try to get involved in more extra curricular activities and take on more AP level courses or even courses at the community college if possible. It would have given me a step up when arriving to college in the fall and the extra curriculars look good on any application, whether it be for school, scholarships, jobs, or internships. I also would have told myself to look into more scholarships earlier and try and get the most help with my tuition.