Arcadia University

« See more reviews of Arcadia University

Definitely visit schools, look at academic programs, see if they offer study abroad programs or graduate studies. I would also look into financial aid packages, sport activities, housing, etc. It's important to research campus life. Many times students pick any school and end up hating it and switching to another school. Save the hassle and do the research.

Research colleges in a variety of settings, in a variety of locations, visit them, talk to people who have gone there, and realize that is not the end of your future but the beginning. It is not the begin all, end all, either. But it's important to make sure you search for the college that has what you need: for classes, activities, and location.

The most valuable asset i wish to gain from college is experience. The knowledge and wisdom that can only be gained at college are invaluble to my life and the success i hope to achieve. Above all, else the greatest asset would be confidence in myself and knowing i can accomplish any task and overcome any obstacles that stand in the way.

Make sure to visit several different colleges, each with a different feel -- one in a city, one in the country, big, small, etc. You won't really know what's right for you until you step foot on the campus. Do the right research to make sure the college has the right programs and facilities that will cater toward your personal needs.

I want to go to school so I can better myself and my family. I'm going to school for human services to help my brother. He was hit by a drunk drink 3years ago and I want to be able to help him the best I can. So I feel with me going to school I can know better in what ways to help him and found great care for him as well.

Visit a few different schools, just to get the feel of the campus before you apply. Always go for an interview when possible, and keep an open mind. Don't go to a school "just to get away," go to one that you know you will enjoy, and where the professors seem available and helpful.

I would tell parents and students to start early to find the perfect college or university that they will be comfortable in attending. And also to get started with the financial aid and scholarship process as soon as they can. It takes alot of money to go to college these days.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the oppurtunite to grow up and expand my mind out of high school. It has has been valuable attend to have the choice to become a well educated black women and to be able achieve my goal to be a nurse.

My advice is this, know what you are looking for: Size, gender ratio, distance area, major options, career abilities on and off campus, so many many things. Just make sure you know or you feel you know as much as you can.

I personally was more concered about the money aspect of college than the kind of experience I would be having. The best advice I could give to future students would be to follow their heart and not their wallets.