San Francisco, CA
Argosy University-The Art Institute of California-San Francisco

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Argosy University-The Art Institute of California-San Francisco

anna

I’ve been in the United States for 7 years and I always dreamed to get an education. Currently I am an Interior design student at The Art Institute of California/ San Francisco. I expect to graduate in fall 2018. Overall, I enjoy being a student at the Art Institute although I have few things that I would change. First and the most important issue is the limited availability of on campus classes for Interior designers. I understand that Interior Design profession is not popular and we don’t have many students in the program but we still need to have more choices when picking classes. For example, I want to stay a full time student and I want to take maximum amount of classes to graduate early. However, in the next quarter I am able to take only two Interior Design Classes and I’m almost finished with my general education electives. I also would want to attend more interior design events in the city or have more activities on campus. I know that fashion department has a whole floor while interior designers are limited to one classroom and library with materials. The library itself has outdated materials and often we don’t use it. I think it is important for student to have access to current materials and trends. I enjoy being a student at the AI because of my passion for design and the strong desire to get an education. We have a great deal of diversity and inspirational talent among the student body. General education classes offer a lot of interesting material, field trips and an opportunity to meet students from various other disciples. Everyone in admissions is very friendly and helpful and my professors are very knowledgeable, hands-on and offer fun educational content, we just need more of them in the Interior Design program.

Quinteala

If I could go back into time as a high school senior, and give myself advice about the trasition into college I would tell myself to take college serious at all times. I would tell myself that there are going to be times when you may feel like you can't or wont make it through college, because it's not always easy. But as long as you have faith, stay focus, believe in yourself, and work hard for what you want you will accomplish your goals. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to ask the teachers for help, when help is needed, because that is what they are there for to teach you, and to help you understand what you may be having trouble understanding. The last thing I would tell myself is to start applying for scholarships because they are life savers, when it comes to paying for school tuitions or even just having a little extra money in your pocket.

Honestly I wish I knew more about math before I came to this school. I learned about math but it has never been my best subject, at all. I just wish I knew more then what I knew about math, because I see now that you really need math in any career, that you majior in. I find math to be very important.

The thing that I consider to be the worst thing about my school, is that we have to learn everytheing in eleven weeks. The reason why I believe this is the worst thing about my school is because sometimes having to remember all of that information in eleven weeks, can become a bit overwhelming. Exspecially if your a full time student taking four or more classes.

Sara

My school is best know for the quality of the students and the work that they produce. It is also in a diverse location so it is also known for the plethora of different styles of the art that is created.

If I were to go back to my senior year to give myself advice, the only thing I would tell myself is to do what I love - not what others expect me to do. I wasted time doing what others expected of me and hated it. Now I am doing what I love and am thriving. If someone would have told me then the phrase "if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life" I might have stopped what I was doing for everyone else and started doing things for myself (something I'm not terribly good at but I am learning). When it comes to the transition, I would have told myself to take things slower rather than rush into all sorts of actitivies like I did. Give myself more time to discover what it is I truly like on campus and what I didn't. I know it would have benefited me a lot to hear this then but we live and learn! Always learning!

I honestly do not have anything for this question. I love my school and all of the people in it. We all work together for the same goal - success!

Matthew

My school is probably best known for its Graphic Design program. The Graphic Design program has a great flow to it and all of the instructors have been extremely professional.

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, the advice I would give myself regarding college would be, ?JUST GO! Don?t wait for things to be perfect, follow your dreams now!? I?m currently thirty-four years old, and I really wish that I had gone to college directly out of high school. The problem was that my family didn?t have the money to send me to art school so I decided that I would get a job and work for a year or two to earn money for college. I wanted everything to be perfect before I started school. Unfortunately things rarely go as planned and the next thing I knew I was trying to start school at the age of thirty-two with a wife and a truckload of bills. Attending school now is twice as hard as it would have been had I gone when I was seventeen. That being said, it?s never too late to follow your dreams. I?m finally attending college and I love every minute of it!

I would probably say the worst thing about my school is probably the price to attend. It's not the most expensive college out there but it is still pretty high and it makes getting a secondary education difficult.

Jaclyn

My school is unique in that class sizes don't often go over 30. I am so greatful to have small class sizes with one on one attention from the instuctors. My whole family has told me stories of their classes being over 300 students where the professor had to have a microphone just be be heard by all of his students. Although this makes tuition more, it is of a great benefit to me to learn more easily and to reap all of the benefits my eduction can possibly offer.

I would tell myself that almost no one is able to afford college. Only the extremely wealthy are able to go to college, or send their kids to college, absolutally worry free. I would tell myself to not worry about the price and concentrate on all the great benefits college can give to a student. I would tell myself that even if it doesn't work out, no one can take the knowlege you have gained from you. And that even though it can be intimidating don't worry, time heals all wounds and pays back all loans. Also that everything happens for some reason or another, and that something in the universe in drawing you to college, and you have one life so go for it. And there is no way I could leave without telling myself how much fun I was about to have and the new friends I was about to make that will no doubt last forever, and to break a leg.

I wish I had known what a finacial burden it would be not only on my pocket book, but on my mind. I think about how much money I have all the time and it is a major stress, which I did not expect as much of. I come from a poor family of college grads that are supportive in all ways they can be, but when it comes to finances they can not help to much. I feel like I should have taken scholarships more seriously so my constant stress would be less.

Tim

The Art Institute prepares their students for the work environment of the present day so that students will be ready to transition into the industry.

The one thing I would tell myself is that it's very important to know the end result when it comes to the goal of my education and that it's important to know whether I am going to college to commit my life to the study of a field or whether I am going to turn that study into a tangible career? I would have needed that mind set to keep me focused on moving forward, regardless of the set backs, toward the fulfillment of my education and the achievement of my chosen career. That would be the most important piece of advice that I would give myself about the transition into college life.

Small campus. It is great being in an environment where teachers remember who you are and are ready to answer your questions.

Joanne

My classmates are ambitious, hardworking as they challenge themselves to create innovative ways to improve design.

I am currently a senior in college, and if I can go back in time as a high school senior--first advice I would tell myself is that college is not a race nor is it a competition, but I would tell myself it is a means to a better life. After receiving my associates degree and finding work experience, I would like the ability to tell myself that--receiving straight A's are not as important as having a good attitude, good communication skills, and having the ability to collaborate and work with other people. And most importantly, I would tell myself not to give up. College is hard--but life without a Bachelor's Degree is even harder. As I drive to school, I see several homeless people--it is a reminder that any decision to stop my education is a step towards a life I do not deserve. I would tell myself if I were in high school that the sacrifice my mom has made to work 16 hours a day since I was a child--was so I can have a better life and not struggle as my mom has struggled.

The best thing about my school is the curriculum advances and changes as it is able to keep up with technology.

Danielle

i would definately keep away from any distractions such as drama, relationships. etc. and focus on my future because it will stick with you while your so called "problems" will fade away.

focusing on what matters the most, my dreams and aspirations.

one that lacks passion, imagination or creativity.

Ryan

The advice I would give myself is to be prepared for the unexpected. All the new faces, personalities and cultures surrrounding you will open your eyes. The experience you will have in college will shape you as an Individual for the rest of your life. Also, anything you learned in high school will be irrelvant to what it really is in college. It will shape you as an individual in ways you'll never experience again in your life. So enjoy life, the experience, and the new found personalities you might meet in college because after college it is all down hill from there...

The worst thing about this school is the stability of teachers coming in and out of the school... Alot of teachers their are contractors and they are not perminate teachers.

L.T

Make sure you stay focus on what you really want to do. Pick a profession that you feel in the future will make you happy and you will love to wake up and go to everyday. When choosing a school, find all you options that will truly benefit you, and can give you the basic tools and skills needed for the real world. Also when choosing your school find a place that will make you truly happy. College is about finding yourself so break out of your norm and comfort zone to find out about yourself and who you want to become.

Thats a lot of hands on training. It gives you all the tools and skills you will need for your profession. And because your paying a lot more then a regular college and its a little more time consuming and difficult, most of the people who go there are serious about what they are doing. As well as having really good teachers, faculty, etc. that really know their stuff, the classrooms are smaller and the teachers can assist students individually and give you the one-on-one attention you might need.

Anyone who doesn't work well in a fast paced environment with a heavy wirk load. If your a person who doesnt like spending extra hours at school and misses school frequently for no reason, or you don't work well under pressure, then this school isn't for you because this school truly prepares you and treats it like a job, you either pass or fail.

Argosy University-The Art Institute of California-San Francisco administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.