Argosy University-The Art Institute of California-San Francisco Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Argosy University-The Art Institute of California-San Francisco

anna

I’ve been in the United States for 7 years and I always dreamed to get an education. Currently I am an Interior design student at The Art Institute of California/ San Francisco. I expect to graduate in fall 2018. Overall, I enjoy being a student at the Art Institute although I have few things that I would change. First and the most important issue is the limited availability of on campus classes for Interior designers. I understand that Interior Design profession is not popular and we don’t have many students in the program but we still need to have more choices when picking classes. For example, I want to stay a full time student and I want to take maximum amount of classes to graduate early. However, in the next quarter I am able to take only two Interior Design Classes and I’m almost finished with my general education electives. I also would want to attend more interior design events in the city or have more activities on campus. I know that fashion department has a whole floor while interior designers are limited to one classroom and library with materials. The library itself has outdated materials and often we don’t use it. I think it is important for student to have access to current materials and trends. I enjoy being a student at the AI because of my passion for design and the strong desire to get an education. We have a great deal of diversity and inspirational talent among the student body. General education classes offer a lot of interesting material, field trips and an opportunity to meet students from various other disciples. Everyone in admissions is very friendly and helpful and my professors are very knowledgeable, hands-on and offer fun educational content, we just need more of them in the Interior Design program.