Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arizona Christian University

Zechariah

My classmates are the most fun thing about my school. The classmates here at Arizona Christian University, are on fire for God, and what he stands for, and are driven with a passion to transform Culture with truth.

Zech, I know as a senior, you have this pride of being on the top. Having this arragence, and this self righteous can be a great feeling at the moment, but I want to you to be prepared on what lies ahead. You wont always be at the top. You'll be going to a school, where most of the people their, are older then you, with more knoledge and experience. Don't go into school with a proud hardend heart, but go in with a humble one. Look at no one less then you, but look at every one as greater then you. Be willing to serve the people around you, and have a heart of humility toward everyone. Love your enemies, and do good to those who hate you. Give a helping hand to those in need. Be a light in peoples lives that one would be attracted to. Give 100% on your homework, and your spitual life, and live a life with a love for your self. Accept your past for what it is, because it is NOW apart of you, and learn to love you self, so you can love GOD.

The best thing about my school that I attend, is that we are a Christian school, that has a biblicaly intergrated curriculum. The spirtuality the school offers is suppurb, and the support that the school staff gives is that of a family.

Mariah

My classmates are the most welcoming and friendly people I know.

My classmates are the most welcoming and friendly people I know.

Arizona Christian University equips students to make an impact on society through education they receive from professors who genially care about the success of their students

Four years of my life were shaped in the same building with halls and classrooms I knew so well. Now the place seems a blur in my memory, and I realize something went wrong. High school was the time where I was told “enjoy it while you can.” Instead of seeing the value in that statement, I chose to rebel, and seek my own desires of the moment. As an education major at a university now, I wish I had found the value of that time I spent in high school. The experiences I wished to pass where major events that should have contributed to shaping me into a better person. The impact I could have had on friends, I now will not see again. I had the potential to learn from the experiences of each person who crossed my path during my high school years. If I could go back to high school I would enjoy the moment. I would tell myself not worry about the future or become anxious about the unknown, but find the blessings in the moment along with the lesson it holds, for the moment soon will pass.

Wanda

My classmates at ACU can be very friendly and helpful.

My classmates at ACU can be very friendly and helpful.

First and foremost if I could go back in time I would tell myself to apply for scholarships any and all scholarships available. Paying out of pocket is very expensive. I would tell myself to step out of its shy box and get to know people. The door of opportunites are wider when involved. I would also have a serious talk about procrastination. Plan ahead because procrastination has a way of creeping up on you. Most of all I would tell myself to have fun. College is a growing experience a time where people grow and mature. A time in life that will never come back.

My first year at ACU was frustrating because they were adjusting to the growth of the student body and there were certain things that were miscommunicated or not communicated at all.

Tyler

The first had experience I have gained up to this point would allow for many things to be said to my high school self. First, I would demand that I be more open to experiences outside of school. School is not life. There is fun to be had, and things to be learned outside of school. A novel idea, I know. Also, I would have told myself not to date in high school! Tying myself down in any way to anything was a bad idea because it limited myself. The last piece of advice that would be imperitave I tell myself is this nugget of wisdom: learn to play the cello! I put it off for so long, that now I have no time; thus, my procrastiniation has won for now. These three things would be my advice to my past self.

The class sizes, of course! I do not know of any other university in Arizona where the largest class I ever had was less than 40 people. I find that incredible. The average size for my classes is any where around 6-15 people. The smaller classes allow for a much more in-depth learning experience and cohesive relationship with the profressor for each class.

I would say that the area that comes to mind first would be the financial support for the music program. Since the university started adding sports teams, which are very welcomed by the student body, some support for the arts went down to accomodate the sports teams. I understand that this is not a permanent state for the school, but a temporary one. Yet, I still find it very frustrating that my timing was just when this happened.

Carlos

My school is best known for its atmosphere between the student body and the staff. The unison between the two bodies of the school is the most outstanding perspective part of the school. There are many friendly staff members willing to help students who are struggling in certain areas, and there are many friendly peers also willing to assist in any possible way.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to pick up some better study habits. Instead of just glancing over notes, perhaps reading chapters that were assigned and answering chapter questions. I would also advise myself to improve my time management skills, in order to maximize study time while also getting a healthy amount of sleep. But most importantly, I would advise myself to get ready to be tested. In high school, there are times when you are tested; but when it gets to college those tests are far more consequencial. Such as missing a lecture, in college that one day of lecture you miss is the equivalent of a weeks worth of work within a high school setting. It is inevitable to have life occur, and you miss one day of class; but do not let it be a reoccuring thing as you will fall behind and have a very difficult time catching back up.

I wish I had known that time management skills are essential to being able to be successful within the classroom settings. As most of the material is covered in class but it is your own duty to be able to grasp that knowledge on your own time. I also wish I had known that there is a smaller variety of courses I can take during a given semester, that way I could've taken other prerequisite classes while still at community college for a much cheaper price.

Natalie

A diverse pool of unique stories and backgrounds with the common desire to invent, discover, and challenge onself in the pursuit of fulfilling one's dreams.

Trying to gain access to all of opportunities available is a struggle because there are so many students here. For example internships, scholarships, jobs, appointments, sporting events etc. are very difficalt to obtain because of the large capacity of students. It is a cutthroat environment where everyone is another's enemy in the fight to futher one's human capital.

The small campus encourages a close knit community of friends, and the faculty:student ratio allows personalized teaching in an involved environment.

The school is faith-based in the saving grace of Jesus Christ, which creates an environment of encouragement and discipleship, where each student is able to lift up others in their mutual faith. This stimulates the ability to learn subjects alongside learning more about the Bible. It also enables the ability to learn sciences outside of wholesale indoctrination into the theory of evolution, which allows other valid theories to be considered, enabling scientific study to move forward. The college also focuses greatly on the development of its students' wellbeing and spiritual growth, and prepares them to live their lives joyfully.

The biggest issue I have run into is effective use of time. It's about what good habits you form, and when you form them. Mainly, I would tell myself to get into the habit of laying out daily, weekly, monthly, and semesterly schedules in order to get into the habit of using my time wisely. From there, I would tell me to limit my work on any subject or task to one hour at a time, to prevent burnout. This would also help to get multiple tasks at least partially done each day, instead of finishing some, but getting way behind on others. Of course, I would also tell me to take the advice of my parents, since that is what has gotten me this far, I would want to make sure I did it again. So pretty much, advice to my high school self: 1) Plan my schedule, 2) Set specific time limits, 3) Try to get done with "todays work" before playing, 4) Take breaks and naps when I need it, not after an hour of inefficient studying, and 4) Listen to my parents, cause that's what I have done and it has worked out splendidly.

Ronald

What’s up Ronald! What an amazing experience you will soon come to discover; graduating the Police Academy to becoming a father. Advice… Well sorry to tell you but being INGNORANT and INFERRIOR IS NOT COOL. I know, you’re just doing it to fit in. There is no but CUT IT OUT! Anyway you are graduating MAGNA CUM LAUDE. Who are we fooling by talking with a slurred speech Furthermore, No one is perfect, and you need to accept yourself in order for others to accept you. I know you think that you need to be a football player and make a lot of money but your too small and not that good so quit and focus on school. Also, leave Rhonda and momma alone. I know they annoying. They ask too many questions. They do this because they love you more than you love yourself. Contrary to what you think right now, they do understand you. They raised you! They only want the best for you. Don’t be afraid of change. Take risks. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. (You have a couple of really stupid ones coming up.) Remember your perseverance and resilience will inspire you to overcome.

Trevor

Trevor, I know you're a senior in highschool and you may think you know everything. Please know this: Life will continue to change, so don't ever stop growing and learning from your experiences. Keep a journal and write in it every so often. Also, read a book instead of watching TV, it will benefit you immensely. Also, you don't have to be afraid to step outside of you comfort zone. Talk to people, say hello to a stranger, ask them how their day is going. Be human and show love and compassion; never fear and worry. Also, you will have more responsibilites, so find a mentor and visit with him every so often. Stay on course, do what you need to do, but chase your dreams! Make new friends! Remember that you do matter, and you are here for a reason! Find your purpose and pursue it with all your heart! Remember that your parents love you unconditionally. Ask them before you do anything drastic. Have faith through tough times. Most of all enjoy the ride and discover yourself. College is an amazing journey if you make it so! You are blessed with such an amazing opportunity.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is somebody who is not willing to learning about God, and grow in faith. The Christian faith is involved in every aspect of this school. If you have made up your mind about another belief system, then I would not attend this school. Also, if you are here only to play sports and not grow in your walk with Christ, then I would not attend this school. I would not attend this school if you tend to start drama or conflicts with staff or students because the school is small.

My school is the best school because we get to learn about God! We get to grow in faith, and learn in a tight community of believers in Christ. It is an extremely friendly environment with the nicest students and staff. I love the location, the weather, and the restaurants nearby. It is a school that feels like a second home, and the friends you can make will last a life-time. The sports on campus are really competitive, and improving every year. The president loves sports and wants to grow the school into a bigger and better school.

Arizona Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.