Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arizona Christian University

Shandon

Dear high school self, Do not be intimidated by the realization that as a college student you are now responsible for making your dreams a reality. Have a teachable spirit. Be eager to learn something new about life from every professor, student, and staff member you meet, even if their beliefs are different from yours. During those times when homework seems overwhelming, remember your goals and do not let fears of failing keep you from persevering. The only way to fail is to give up. Get to know your professors and discover what they expect from you. Always treat your professors with the utmost respect and build relationships with them by being on time to class, listening attentively during lectures, and honoring them in your conversations outside of the classroom as well. This is not to say that you won't have days when you are late for class because you woke up late and had difficulty finding a parking spot, or that you won't occasionally say things you regret. As a college student, you risk making mistakes, but as the author and journalist Pamela Druckerman said, "To grow up without risk is to risk not growing up."

The thing that sets my school apart is the community. whether it is with other students or with professors, or even staff, the campus has a tight knit community that you will not find at other, larger schools. That community, more than anything else, has been the thing I have loved about my college experience. I am not just anothher number, I am a person who is loved and cared about.

I want you to know that even though this school was not your first choice, you will do more growing here than you would have anywhere else. Do not get caught up in frivolous things, be purposeful and meaningful with your time, but also do not forget the importance of friendship. You are going to make a lot of friends, you do not need to put on an act so that they will like you. Also, there is no need to be scoping out the boys, God has the perfect man picked out for you, and you will save yourself a lot of heartache and embarrassment if you just trust Him. Lastly, and this is extremely imortant so pay attention, hold on to that dream you have of working internationally. Do not compromise because it seems hard or impossible. It is possible. Pick a major that will get you there, and go for it. Trust me, do not be afraid, and most of all, trust God with everything and chase after Him.

I wish I had known that it would not be as fun as I thought it would be to play soccer in college and that it would be more worth while to not play and spend my time building relationships instead. Also, that Communications, while fun, is often considered to be a useless major and I should look into something more practical, especially considering the fact that the program here is just getting off the ground and so it is not very extensive. The last thing is to take time to root myself in a purpose to go after.

Caroline

Arizona Christian University has been known for its ministry majors and its firm foundation on Christ. Also, the school was known for its amazing music. Currently, it is beginning to be known for its sports.

Picking your major is important. Deciding and narrowing it down to the one you will use for the rest of your life is even more important. If you just decide what to major in based on what others say or jobs you may receive, you will never be happy with what you will do in the future. The One who has the most say in what you pursue with your education is your Heavenly Father. Spend time with Him. Let Him speak to you. Failing to listen and let Him work results in a tradgedy. He knows what is best for you. You do not need to worry if you place it in His hands and let Him work through you. Do not be so caught up with school that you forget to spend time with God. He puts everything in place. It is hard to balance your time which is the most important thing once in school. When you are used to not doing anything besides hanging out and talking to friends all the time, it makes it difficult to transition to a full-time school schedule. Prioritize your time. You know what has to be done. Do it.

The most frustrating thing at Arizona Christian University is the switch from Music and Ministry to Sports. The school originally started as a ministry school and is going more toward sports programs. It was frustrating coming in as a freshman and scholarships I would have received the year before for ministry or music were discontinued and the sports and acedemic scholarships were raised.

Rebekah

ACU fosters community, which means that students aren't alone in their pursuit of higher education and deeper relationship in their Christian walks. The small class sizes foster this community, and academic rigor is presented and encouraged. So not only do students who attend this university feel like they actually matter and build relationships, but they learn while doing so! They graduate as individuals who are prepared for their career of choice, with the firm foundation built from community and pursuit of Christ.

First of all, college is not the same as high school. I know that you "know" that, but trust me, it's a completely different world. The best thing that you can do right now is to erase all expectations you have of what university will be like. That way, anything that comes to you will be an unexpected surprise, and will neither fulfill nor fall short of any preconceived notions you have of what it will be like. This will help you to make the most of your college years. Another thing you should keep in mind is that, for the most part, friends will not just find you - go out and find them! To have friends, you need to be a friend. So don't get upset when you're not connecting with people when all you've done is sit in your dorm. Also, don't slack off in your classes. Remember, you're at college to learn. Sometimes, the most effective way to do that is to put some assignments on the side burner - just don't forget about them or it will burn you! Finally, have fun! This is an exciting time - cherish each moment.

If you are a driven individual who wants to pursue excellence in education and learn more about your Christian faith, while also fostering friendships and building community in a small-school atmosphere, this school is perfect for you. It provides a venue for all those things and more - truly, it is what you make of it.

Kimberyn

Dear high school me, You're going to see a whole lot of stuff. Here are ten things to remember: 1. Nothing is as bad as it seems. 2. Friends struggle. Don't give up. 3. Apply for scholarships before college. 4. The first guy to tell you that he loves you is not the one to settle with. 5. You're going to meet a guy that listens to all your problems. He'll be important later. 6. Your parents are always right. 7. Keep God at the center of your life. 8. Listen to the still, small voice. 9. Your younger siblings are watching your every move. 10. You're going to make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up over it. Learn from it. I have no idea if you plan to listen, but that's all right. Because, in the end, you do figure it out. God brings you through. You turn out all right. Sincerly, You from the future

Justi

To be honest, I'm not sure what our school is best known for. We love Jesus, we love to develop and strengthen our walks with Him. We have a natural propensity to want to reach out to others in our community and bless them as we have been blessed whether that be with helping out or ministering to others. We may not be best known for anything but known for reaching out.

I would tell myself to not worry about perfection. This life and opportunity of college is about making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. I would tell myself, "You are going to go through some things you never have before, but do not fret. For The Lord will always be there. No matter how dim and how bleak things look, never panic. For help will and always be closer than you think. I could tell you ways in which this experiece of college could be made easier, shortend, simplified, and bring less head and heart ache, but I'm not going to. For what I learned over my 6+ years as an undergraduate didn't always come when life was easy, short and simple. I learned that, it is in the hardest times, the darkest times, we realize who we truly are and to whom we rely on. Simply put, I re-found God in the hardest and the darkest times. When I put my faith in Him, the struggles of this world dont seem so daunting or large anymore. Always remember, God has a plan for you. It is just to complex for you to see right now."

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is one with a closed off mind and someone without a Christian faith. A majority of what our school teaches is classes with a Christian element involved. So if you are someone who loves Christ, has a desire to deepen your understanding while also waking with Jesus, you will fit in perfectly with this school.

Tori

When I was finding, researching, and visiting the possible universities available to me, they all seemed the same. The ones I had trouble declining admission to were the major universities, simply because I knew they were already well-known to most employers. Arizona Christian University stood out from the rest; the student-to-professor ratio was much smaller than the others; the dorms were huge compared to the major universities'; the campus did not require a bike. Another, perhaps unforunate, unique attribute of my school was that it was also the most expensive.

The first thing I would say to my senior self is not to worry. People think they have it all together and know what they want to do with their lives - as far as career choice - but most people end up changing their major - and thus - career interest at least twice. When I was a senior, I thought knowing exactly what I want to study would be the only reason why I should even attend any institution for higher education. Little did I know that wasn't the case; I did not have to know myself completely to make a decision such as career choice just yet. Now that I'm one semester in, I can now say with confidence that my list of possible career choices is beginning to narrow - and even having a list in the first place isn't a bad thing, because going to college isn't just about studying the basics of an intended major. This leads to my second, just as valuable piece of advice to my senior self: to let go of high school. Friends, triumphs, defeats - they'll all be memories. Only the great ones will surface into life after high school.

The best thing about my school would definitely be the student-centered atmosphere. Everywhere you turn are professors, leaders, and resources seeking to help you succeed and grow as a person. For instance, there's a Student Center that provides tutoring during certain hours. And once a semester, ACU even hosts meetings designed to mingle mentors and students to work towards the student's growth. There aren't many institutions that provide that kind of opportunity for young adults.

Raven

As a high school senior, I maintain a 3.5 G.P.A. while playing sports throughout the year and doing concurrent enrollment at Rose State College. I applied to go to college at Oklahoma State University during the summer and was accepted late August. When I graduate in May 2014, I will be starting off in my second semester as a freshman at Oklahoma State University with 18 credit hours. If I could go back in time, I would tell my high school self to spend about 90% of my time searching for more scholarships. I would also tell my high school self to work harder in the college classes, instead of making a B in English Comp 1 & College Algebra! The transition was easy because I was mentally prepared but I would tell myself not to let my age hinder me from working as hard as the older people in the college classes. Basically, to not let the excuse of me being a high school senior hinder me from making an A in my college classes.

David

Arizona Christian University is known for being a small school which is able to give more direct relations between students and faculty. They people care about each other and built a very tight-knit community which strongly supports each other.

Dear me, Finishing up high school will be fun-filled times with friends and family, so be sure to enjoy that. It marks the beginning of growing up but it won't be immediate changes. College classes begin just like high school only they go twice as fast. Each semester, just look at your own degree planner before meeting with advisors to have an idea of what classes you want. You know you want to go into Physical Therapy so push towards that because unlike most people, this dream isn't going to change. Look for financial aid anywhere you can, some people can get paid to go to college (you are not some of those people). Make as many connections as you can, meet people with a solid handshake and look them in the eyes. If they say to get in touch with them, do it within 24 hours. Push through the tough classes and don't think that just because friends and roommates slack off and sleep through classes you can too. That's not how you work and it will come back to haunt you. Focus on your goal the whole way through.

I wish I would have known that I can plan my own future. Advisors will suggest classes to take but it would be just as easy for me to look into what I wanted to take and push towards my career. Additionally would have been good to know that High school classes are the same as beginning college classes but slower paced, so don't slack off in the beginning classes or it will create some really bad habits for later when things get difficult.

James

It is a small school but it fits the people here just right. The professors are very engaging and are very helpful with each student. The campus is not too big and it is in great shape.

My classmates are basically ideal to have. Everyone is joyful and always willing to help as well as genuinely care about each other.

I would tell myself to retake the ACT and score in the 30's. I scored a 26 but i believe that ifi would have scored higher i would be better off now. I would tell myself not to stress so much about the future and to just be happy. I have many regrets about my college career especially financially but all in all i am doing what i love. I think i chose the right path and i hope to be able to continue to go down this path. So if i could tell my high school self a couple things it would be those. And also to buy a bigger fan because it gets hot in Phoenix.

Arizona Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.