Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arizona Christian University

Lizzette

I graduated early in 2012 as a high school junior. If I can rewind time to my junior year in high school I would tell myself not to graduate early. I would explain that by graduating I would lose all my scholarship opportunities I had previously enrolled in. Without scholarship opportunities I had no resources to fund my future schooling limiting my choices. If I can just speak to myself for five minutes I would save my parents and myself stress over the future cost of education. By graduating early I lost eligibility to many financial opportunities I was not aware of. Furthermore, I would remind myself that not to worry of what it is expected of me but to follow the career path I love. To make the transition smoother I would tell myself not to be so shy and to make friendships in college. Most importantly I would advise myself that college is about making new friendships and making studying fun. Lastly, I would remind myself to appreciate sleep more because all nighter studying are the norm to study adequately!

Moriah

Dear Self, Many new things will occur for you in the next few months. Transitioning from high school to college is not as fun or easy as society portrays it. College is hard - it is not high school. You will have to really work to get good grades. But, if you put your mind to it, you can do it! The first thing you need to plan to do is be organized. This is a major part of getting good grades. Write down when assignments are due, and do not procrastinate. Go to class, take notes, and establish good sleeping habits. These are very important for your success in college. College will be a time of stress and craziness. But, don't forget to have fun while you study and put forth an effort in your classes. Don't be overcome by all that stress. Enjoy your college years, because these will be the best times of your life! Have fun, relax, and study, study, study! Sincerely, Me

Stacia

Arizona Christian University is unique in the fact that the commity is unlike any other. Their community is a closly knit one. Everyone is kind and thoughful. Because of the campus being small the community is that of around 500 people. With such a small amount of people everyone knows each other.

Don't worry about not being able to make friends. There are a wide variety of people. The odds of not finding a friend is slim. Study hard, but still have fun. Do your homework first and your fun time second. Listen during class and never be afraid to ask questions. And most importantly, have fun. You only go to college once.

The campus and community. The campus is a relatively small one, however it is perfect. The small campus gives one the opportunity to get to know each other and make friends quickly.

Andre

I'm eternally grateful for all the opportunties and experiences I'm learned while being at school.

I would tell the young Andre' to welcome and invite challenge and criticism. I would tell him to do this because at 18, when you graduate high school, he believes he knows everything and in reality, doens't know anything. Be humble, seek counsel from older men who have experienced and walked in a similiar path and direction he has or is going. Also, be teachable eager and ready to learn and grow. In addition, use good judgement and wisdom because decisions he makes now will directly effect his future. Finally, be patient and thankful.

Because of the size of the school, everyone knows your personal business it seems.

Kyle

Think of what you love most and what you would pay to do for the rest of your life. No need to think too extravagantly, simplicity is key. Work to your strengths and seek to maximize those. Don't let your preconceptions of money and power let you lose sight of what is important. In fact, here is the recipe for all that is important in life: faith and family. Outside of these, all else pales in comparison. Success and happiness aren't the end goals, to know and serve God is. With this in mind, seek to place yourself where you are able to do this best. Surround yourself with people who will support you in that endeavor, and do not lose sleep over the one's who don't. Lastly, enjoy all that college has to offer. Challenge yourself, but stay within yourself. Get excited about outrageous ideas and share them with others. Set goals and crush them.

I wish I had known that a degree in education was not necessary to become a teacher. In fact, I desprately wish I had majored in something other than education as I feel it was a quite repetitive waste of my time.

I found that the academics were not as rigourous as I would have liked. I feel that while I was boring myself with a lack of rigor, my peers across the country at other universities were quickly outpacing me.

McKenna

Appreciate the process. The stress of applying to college and trying to figure out how to pay for college; the nervousness surrounding your first week at school, meeting people, syllabus-shock--it all gets to you. However, in-between pulling all-nighters, working to pay for school, and nights of only getting 3 hours of sleep, college is the best experience I've ever had. You will make friends for life here; you will learn excellent skills for life here; you will grow and you will change more than you know and it will all be fantastic. So enjoy it. Be responsible and wise with your time--take good care of yourself--and use every opportunity to learn and enjoy everything you can from this short experience. Appreciate the people that surround you; learn from them, encourage them and allow them to encourage you. Don't take your classes or professors for granted--be humble enough to learn from them and find joy in learning new things and applying them in real life. College doesn't last forever, but soak it up and allow it to be springboard to launch you into life once you graduate.

Do not underestimate the importance of taking care of yourself. The freshman fifteen, the six shots of espresso, staying up until 4 a.m. It's all fun and it all effects you. I found myself burnt-out and not liking coffee (the horror!) and I realized the importance of maintaining a healthy diet, plan for excersizing, and a good bed-time. However, before I sound like a boring prude, I also learned the importance of saying no to things in order to have a social life, because that also constitutes taking care of yourself by taking a refreshing break.

Who do you like? Are you engaged yet? The community on campus is rich and social activity is highly encouraged. However, the campus is rather small which makes secrets kept very few. Associated with our campus is the familiar mantra, "Ring by Spring" and the accompanying pressure to get married. Arriving on campus I chuckled at what I assumed was a funny joke, but now in my Sophomore year and dating, I endure every well-meaning match-maker enrolled at Arizona Christian University asking if I'm engaged yet. No, I am not engaged yet.

Dear 16-year-old Self, I know you have big dreams and aspirations. I see your heart for the nations of the world and the poor. These are good dreams, and will become a part of who you will be in the future, yes. I know you don't want to go to college. But think about the sheer privilege and example you will set for those in nations where education is not available. Becoming learned is not about the letter or the degree. It is about the skills you will take to bless other people in the world. If there is one thing you possess uniquely because of your upbringing, it is this: Americans are not the center of the universe, but they do look at the world through a lens of optimistic entreprenuership. This is a skill you can only learn from those who have gone before you. Humble yourself, and open your heart to learning. God will make a way for you to attend, but it will be worth it. With Love, Your 22-year old Self

If you want to attend Arizona Christian University (Southwestern) be prepared to learn a lot about the bible and be challenged academically in a small environment.

My school is faith-based, challenging, and provides an excellent community of like-minded passionate people.

Nick

Community is very close knit. Everyone looks up, smiles, and says hello.

Community is very close knit. Everyone looks up, smiles, and says hello.

Getting an education, and a purpose driven future.

Your going to want to go to college, and maybe not for the education. The loans might be scary, but it's such a small cost in comparison to the chances you will have.

Alyssa

I have gotten that you need to take responsablity for your life. It is up to you to do your homework and do your laundry and clean your room. It is life with training wheels. There is a structure, but there is a lot more freedom that most high school student only dream for. The only problem is that with the freedom they loose track of what they are really supposed to be doing. I learned how to be a functioning adult in this world.

Debbie

I have gotten an amazing education from this college as well as friends that I will have for the rest of my life. I have grown as a Christian more than I thought was possible and have learned a lot from my teachers both spiritually and intellectually. If I would have attended a different school, I know that I would not have gotten the relationships I have now as well as the mix of both religious and career-oriented courses.

I love the family-oriented feeling of the school. Everyone is friendly even the teachers. The teachers are awesome. Since the school is small, the teachers actually know the students and even after you have had one, they remember your name years later. It's just an amazing school.

I honestly can't say there is anything bad about Southwestern. I think the worst thing that has happened since I've been going there is sometimes the wireless doesn't work but the IT guys get it back up quickly.

Arizona Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.