Phoenix, AZ
Arizona Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Arizona Christian University

Gabrielle

The most positive environment you could have been placed in.

The most positive environment you could have been placed in.

I have received the ability and confidence to go out into this worl and make an impact to those around me. I also have received a great education and the experience needed to go out and be succesful in my major.

The level of commitment that would be expected of me due to my major in music.

This school requires that I take at least 16 hours of Bible classes. Classes that will furthur my faith and knowledge of the Bible. It also requires that I go to chapel, and perform community service hours. My school is getting me involved with my community and it's great.

I was afraid of what college was going to be. I was skeptical about going at all, but then I found the right school. The classes aren't too heavy, the staff is wonderful, and the students are more like family than friends. Being at college has given me a place to belong. I'm with people who chose to come to this school every day. They chose this school because it appealed to them, not because it was in their district or their parents made them go. We're all there together because of the choice we made. We couldn't be any more different on the outside, but on the inside, we wanted the same thing. A place to feel at home away from home.

A person who is looking to furthur their knowlegde of the Bible, and dedicated to what they believe. They don't have to necessarily be Christian, but interested in the Christian faith.

Kathleen

Life changed at a blink of an eye from going to being a highschool student to living life on my own and attending university. All I could think about was living on my own out from my parents rule, but there was more to that. The life change was having to make all my own decisions, and that those tchoices map out the path on which I took. There have been some decisions that could have been prevented. For that reason, the advicie that I would give myself before making the transaction would be taking the time to listening to the elders around me. The first ones that I would listen to would be my parents, then my grandparents, and then the elders of the church. They have lived this life longer than I have; therefore, they would have a better idea of what to do when it came to moving out. They would also have general advise about day-to-day living that would lead up to becoming my dream. Now, I listen to them, and what a blessing it is!

Melissa

Sometimes college doesn't go as you planned. I attended two other schools and took a two-year break before I ended up at Southwestern. I switched majors and minors three or four times and it has taken me longer to graduate than I intended. But don't be in a rush for these days to be over. Learn as much as you possibly can and learn how to help others and get outside yourself. You never know how many lives you may impact along the way. It may be cliche to say "stop and smell the roses," but it seems that in this case it applies. Stop. Enjoy yourself, but not so much that you miss opportunities to help others or learn. Keep plugging away, because this is the time in your life that will shape you more than any other.

My school is a conservative Christian school, and people here can be a little too right-wing and rigid sometimes. However, they're all learning and trying to improve. The humility of the people here is very compelling. :)

Sometimes professors don't post grades very quickly, or at all, and you have to ask them about your grade or calculate it yourself. Also, the administrative staff often forgets to return your calls, so you have to be on their tails all the time.

Mary

Southwestern College is a small, private Christian school that offers a great education from a Christian perspective. The classes are always small allowing the professors to know the students individually and devote more time to helping students outside of class. Also, for a private school, the tuition is closer to that of a public school. So, if prospective students are looking for a private education at a more affordable price, Southwestern is a great choice. Lastly, everyone knows everyone here, making it similar to a family atmosphere.

As a high school senior, I was a disciplined, academic student who always put school first and didn?t allow much time for friends and fun. I didn?t have a problem working hard and getting good grades, yet that?s what I always worried about because I thought colleges were looking for perfection, and I knew I needed to get a good scholarship to go to school. If I were able to go back and talk to myself at that point in time, I would mainly tell myself to relax. I would probably let myself know that the ability to have fun and socialize is a more important aspect to transitioning into college and surviving it. I was already prepared for college with my work ethic, but in order to endure the stress and pressures that come with college, I would need to let my former self know that she needs to loosen up, learn how to make everything fun, and open herself up to letting others in and developing friendships. I would let her that she?d be okay, but if she could learn these things, college and life in general would easier and way more fun.

Southwestern is mostly conservative, but they encourage students and professors to discuss opposing viewpoints. Even though these discussions are encouraged, the majority of the faculty and students are pretty close-minded to those that may hold differing viewpoints. Also, Southwestern is a Christian school, so it makes sense that everybody attending claims to be Christian. However, part of the application process states that you have to be a Christian to come here, so it?s frustrating the school won?t accept those who may not be a Christian but still want to come here for the education.

Arizona Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.