Arizona Christian University

« See more reviews of Arizona Christian University

The first had experience I have gained up to this point would allow for many things to be said to my high school self. First, I would demand that I be more open to experiences outside of school. School is not life. There is fun to be had, and things to be learned outside of school. A novel idea, I know. Also, I would have told myself not to date in high school! Tying myself down in any way to anything was a bad idea because it limited myself. The last piece of advice that would be imperitave I tell myself is this nugget of wisdom: learn to play the cello! I put it off for so long, that now I have no time; thus, my procrastiniation has won for now. These three things would be my advice to my past self.

I was afraid of what college was going to be. I was skeptical about going at all, but then I found the right school. The classes aren't too heavy, the staff is wonderful, and the students are more like family than friends. Being at college has given me a place to belong. I'm with people who chose to come to this school every day. They chose this school because it appealed to them, not because it was in their district or their parents made them go. We're all there together because of the choice we made. We couldn't be any more different on the outside, but on the inside, we wanted the same thing. A place to feel at home away from home.

"Don't make mountains out of molehills." The problems that seem overwhelming now will seem foolish to you later. Being so fixated on your stress and difficulties will distract you from the task at hand. Focus on the here and now and stop worrying about the future. Dwelling on things that have yet to come don't solve the problems, but instead take your attention away from what's in front of you right now. Take time to breathe, enjoy the moment in the present and focus on that. Doing your absolute best in the present will be the foundation for your future. You can't reach your destination if you don't build your path to get there.

First and foremost if I could go back in time I would tell myself to apply for scholarships any and all scholarships available. Paying out of pocket is very expensive. I would tell myself to step out of its shy box and get to know people. The door of opportunites are wider when involved. I would also have a serious talk about procrastination. Plan ahead because procrastination has a way of creeping up on you. Most of all I would tell myself to have fun. College is a growing experience a time where people grow and mature. A time in life that will never come back.

I would tell myself to retake the ACT and score in the 30's. I scored a 26 but i believe that ifi would have scored higher i would be better off now. I would tell myself not to stress so much about the future and to just be happy. I have many regrets about my college career especially financially but all in all i am doing what i love. I think i chose the right path and i hope to be able to continue to go down this path. So if i could tell my high school self a couple things it would be those. And also to buy a bigger fan because it gets hot in Phoenix.

I would tell the young Andre' to welcome and invite challenge and criticism. I would tell him to do this because at 18, when you graduate high school, he believes he knows everything and in reality, doens't know anything. Be humble, seek counsel from older men who have experienced and walked in a similiar path and direction he has or is going. Also, be teachable eager and ready to learn and grow. In addition, use good judgement and wisdom because decisions he makes now will directly effect his future. Finally, be patient and thankful.

The advice i will give myself if i were to go back to high school would be that i would prepare myself better. The way i would do so woud be that i would take time for school and take it more serious and focus on it more trying to make the best out of it. I would tell myself to get involded in every program that has to do with academics to further my education. I would also keep my grades above average to be prepared for college. As well as keep myself in a responsible enviornment to be able to keep myself in a college mode.

If i could go back and give myself adivce about college the first thing i would tell myself is to go talk to my counselor about scholarships and to join every club and sport i can. I would also tell myself to not worry because college life isn't scary at all. It's actually the greatest thing that has (will) happen to me. The last thing i would tell myself is to do more community service activities and get involved more in the community and find ways to help out.

If I could go back in time I would tell my self, it may seem scary but it is just because its new to you. By the time you know it, it will be over. Also I would tell myself not to take breaks, to run full force with this because this experiece and the education you recieve will be well worth it. College is like high school if anything easier because you have more control over your schedule. Overall my experience has been a delight and its not over yet!

I would tell myself to not stress. In high school I thought college was going to be terrible. I have loved college more than high school and I thought I would never think that. College is a time in your life to expand your freedom and grow in your knowledge. I would tell myself as a high school senior to relax and not stress. I would also tell myself to not worry as much about the applications and enjoy my last year in high school.