Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix

Cassidy

As a journalism major, The Downtown Phoenix campus at ASU is a great place to get your education. The campus offers several clubs that will help you get some experience working in the field even in your freshman year. This campus is small, so the majority of the buildings are within walking distance. The only thing I would recommend is to always hang out in groups.

Deborah

I graduated from GC at Goshen Indiana, then moved to Phoenix to attend Arizona state university. Heard amazing thing about it, and was interested in attending it. It's an amazing university, amazing teachers, amazing sports and you get to learn a lot.

Carina

I personally love this campus! I want a small class size and teachers are more accessible than in other ASU campuses. There is room for improvement. This campus should have more events and activities for it to feel more of a community like in Tempe. Downtown campus does have a lot of the homeless population hanging around in the Civil park and not a lot of student use that park because of that issue. Dorm rooms should improve, they need more rooms available for different years and have an affordable price too.

Victoria

Overall it is a good school. The campus I attend is small therefore it is very quiet which is a good thing. I hoped that there would be scholarship, volunteer, internships, or job opportunities for students. I think it is very crucial to have this as an undergrad, especially since many employers are looking for that experience.

The Arizona State University - Downtown Phoenix campus is a very convenient location and close to many things downtown. There is a great opportunity to go to museums, sports events, and other social gatherings in Downtown Phoenix, around campus. The light rail is close to campus, which can get you to many places in the Phoenix Metro area.

Madison

I believe that the downtown campus of Arizona State is very unique. There are a lot of students from several different backgrounds, letting the college process be a learning one outside of the classroom. Downtown areas are usually not the safest, however in Phoenix it adds to the culture that is already happening all around us. We are located just below an arts district with lots of local businesses which students love. Class sizes on the downtown campus are small, which makes it easy to know your teacher and your peers, but makes it difficult when creating your schedule.

Sidney

Arizona State University overall is an amazing institution that pushes its students every day to achieve their best and succeed not just academically and professionally but also emotionally and personally. The Downtown Phoenix campus is nothing different - every day I go to class or hit the library to study, I feel surrounded by others who are here for the same reason I am, and this motivates me and helps me get through that tough lab section or start that extensive project that's been stressing me out. I love this campus and this university more than I thought I would anywhere after high school. I always feel supported by professors and advisors, and I've met some amazing people here that I have found not only friendship in but also amazing study partners. There's nowhere else I can see myself attending university at than ASU, and I'm excited to complete my major here.

Bryan

The atmosphere and learning environment is much different from ASU's other campuses and I love it. The Downtown Phoenix is where all of the health-related majors are and it makes for a hard-working and determined student body and it really encompasses the personality of the campus.

I'm majoring in Kinesiology which is the Health Solutions Campus in the Arizona State University campus in Downtown Phoenix. I have been living in Downtown Phoenix for about 12 years now and I would always walk by ASU campus and admire it everyday. On most occasion on walking through campus there was always events going on. I started to network with people who go to ASU and took a mini tour of the campus with a student who is majoring in a similar major as myself. When I was younger I was in an ASU reading program and my professor was a phenomenal instructor. I actual had a good understanding of the book and took good notes on the story thanks to his teaching I actual enjoyed reading that summer. I wish I could remember my professors name to give reorganization, but I was very young at the time. Overall I feel Arizona State University offers many opportunities to there students and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Alexis

The Downtown Phoenix campus of ASU is slowly improving. I like the city life, but there really isn't much to do down here. Contrary to what one would think, it can be pretty quiet on the streets on a Friday or Saturday night. There also aren't any places to shop within walking distance -- just an Urban Outfitters. With the homeless population, there are little to no hot spots to hangout or chill at. Besides that though, I like the academic side of things and everyone is very diverse. My classes are getting me ready for the journalism world, and my resume is already impressive because of the environment and mentality ASU provides.

Natalie

As a freshman, I attended ASU Downtown campus. It is a nice campus, but being downtown it can be a little scary at night. I have to walk to my work study job a few blocks from the dorm and sometimes am nervous. There are some homeless people, but they don't cause any major problems. I enjoyed academic life and it was nice to have a small campus to navigate. Everything is pretty close to the dorm. I really like the fitness center and rooftop pool at the YMCA. Not a lot for underage people like myself to do around town, though,

Linda

Parking was a problem. Quick to give out parking citations. Loved the area and there are plenty of restaurants for all prices. Housing as been a huge problem, but has been rectified by the all the new apartment complexes around the campus. They have done a great job with Downtown Phoenix Campus

Kiara

I really enjoy the downtown phoenix ASU campus because it is small enough to where I can walk down a single road and find all of my classes. The smaller environment allows me to become familiar with many of the people that I see on a daily basis. The professors are all there to help you and are usually available very often. Shuttles are also provided as a form of transportation if you want to visit any of the other campuses. Overall, it's a great campus because because you form a community with people who have a similar major as you. The only concern that I have is that housing is very limited to people who are not freshman. Other than that, I highly recommend this school.

perla

Its a good campus, everything is in walking distance, the traffic is sometimes crazy but its reasonable because its downtown, and many other offices and stores are near as well. The people are safe to chill and walk around either with friends or by themselves. The classes are great, they aren't full of 200 students, so its easier to ask questions and be more involved i the class.

Erika

I really liked this campus. There are multiple campuses through ASU, I have been to three of the four, and this one is my favorite. I highly recommend taking some classes here if they are available. I do wish there were more places to eat that were nearby.

Bethani

The Downtown Phoenix campus is much smaller in comparison to other Arizona State University campuses, which is preferable in my opinion. This allows for smaller class sizes, which can aid in learning. The ambient is lowkey is everyone is friendly. I have not come across a professor I did not like either!

Myriam

Overall the Arizona State University campus located in Downtown Phoenix is pleasant to be at. The environment is relaxing, and I don't feel out of place. There are plenty of things to do in that area, and I also enjoy the diversity. I also have the opportunity to join clubs, attend fun events for students and apply for internships.

shaterrionte

I LOVE the downtown ASU Campus because it is always sooo clean and since it's a small environment, I get to interact with a lot of students. The classes are huge but the professors are always available and here to help. They also have 24/7 tutoring for people like me!

Madison

The downtown campus is much more quaint than the Tempe campus but it is special in the aspect that it gives you a small town feel in the middle of a big city. Whether you prefer downtown or Tempe is entirely up to preference. Downtown has a stellar nursing program, which is why I am there but I prefer the diversity of Tempe and the fact that there’s so much more to do. I also feel safer at Tempe since downtown has homeless people frequently but they usually don’t bother you.

Gisele

As a graduate student the class sizes are great and the time slots for classes are also great. Teachers take the time to speak to the students as well as responding in a timely fashion to our emails. Campus life is great, being down town there is a lot of action, daily.

My overall opinion of Arizona State University's Downtown Phoenix campus is that it is a nice small community that allows students to be involved in events that pertain to them. I also enjoy that in the dorms you room in requires you to room with someone in your major your freshman year.

Sara

I love my school! There’s a place for everyone to fit in. Lots of amazing clubs, arts programs, and athletics. However, I do wish there were more acceptable stores around here, better food, and I wish I felt safer walking around at night time.

I took a tour of ASU and I was super happy. The student tour guides showed us the Cronkite building and the dorm rooms. The dorms and the building were in amazing shape and were clearly well taken care of. The students seemed happy and the professors, who I was fortunate to see in the halls, were passionate and accessible. The tour helped sway me to choose ASU!

jeana

The cost is very high for basic degree programs. I am online through the downtown campus, so I am unfamiliar with campus life. The professors have all been great so far, and the effort you have to put forth is as expected (college-level). I am learning a lot.

Olivia

I believe it is a great campus that invites and allows lots of room for creativity and hard work. Outside of campus can sometimes be scary due to the location, but there is always some sort of danger when living in a big city. I love all of the events the campus hosts so it never feels boring or like there's nothing to do. They are also very helpful and supportive to anyone who needs help with academics and there are plenty of easily accessible resources and tutors.

Maiah

I will be attending Arizona State University- Downtown Phoenix campus in the fall, and when I took my last visit I felt like I was at home and couldn’t wait to be apart of the ASU family. While on my visit, I was able to see students and faculty engage with one another and I felt like professors were easy to talk too.

Kaitlyn

I actually just transferred to ASU from another university and so far it's been a great decision. ASU makes a huge effort to both encourage you and give you every opportunity to be involved in the community and in extracurricular activities. Community involvement is actually a part of their mission statement. They have positive signs posted everywhere and really make a big effort to make sure you are taking care of yourself and doing things outside of school while still doing well.

cameron

The facilities that this campus offers is a very nice bonus to being able to attend this campus for nursing. Also the campus is right downtown, which means that nobody will ever feel like they have no-where to go because of all the interesting things to do around the campus.

Hillary

I believe Arizona State University- Downtown Phoenix is a place where people go to study, have fun, and experience new opportunities. The campus is always clean and there are a lot of people who care about one another. This campus is somewhere where I would want everyone to visit.

Jamie

Choosing to attend Arizona State University has been on the of the most important and rewarding decisions of my life. Arizona State University brought together amazing professors, opporunties, and fellow peers that have changed my life. My professors are incredibly knowledgeable in the subjects they teach and have a passion for their students. I have been to many of my professors office hours where they helped me understand in 10 minutes what was taking me hours to digest the night before. The professors have big hearts and truly care about their students I know this from personal experience ( crying in one of my professors office hours - sorry Dr.Bauer thanks for the tissues). The resources ASU provides truly allows students to succeed, they offer tutoring, counseling, and academic advising available to all students. At ASU nursing students work hard all week and play harder on the weekends because school is so important to us but, so is having the full college experience. We go to Tempe and watch the football games, play softball on the rec fields till we get kicked off, and even drive up to Sedona on the occasion. I could not have choose a better school to attend I love Arizona State University and I am so Excited for the next few years.

Mario

During the summer of 2019, I did a summer medical camp program for a week at ASU Downtown and I got to say that I was very impressed with the campus life. Everything is very close, such as the classes, and the hospital that I did my simulations at. Since the light rail was on campus, I didn't need a car to get around, and I enjoyed every moment at ASU. Going to this program made me certain that I want to go to ASU for my higher education.

Ivan

The downtown campus of Arizona State University is a great place to continue furthering your education. The teachers are pleasant to be around and have regular office hours and respond to emails in a timely manner. The facilities in classes and the labs are excellent and it is easy to find your way around the campus. The other students are professional and easy to collaborate with on group projects. The nearby shops and campus food are both exceptional as well. I believe going to ASU was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Whether someone attends class online or in person I think they will be satisfied with the education that they receive.

Jesse

Not only is Arizona State university-Downtown Phoenix a fantastic place to learn about all kinds of majors, it is a great place to socialize and enjoy life. The food on-campus is spectacular and affordable. And the Professors are always there to assist you in any form. I would highly recommend this university to anyone.

Malique

I do not live on campus so I cannot provide a complete accurate statement about campus life; however, campus life on weekdays is very vibrant. The campus is small, so it is easy to memorize. It is easy to get from one class to another within a fifteen minute break periods because the buildings are close together. There's lunch areas and with the campus being in the downtown area there is always food shops and stores around for shopping. In the public park next to the Post Office there are occasionally food trucks. The campus is incredibly close to recreational centers like AMC in Arizona Center, and Roosevelt road with First Friday art events. In my personal opinion the ASU downtown campus is cleverly located, but the downside to its location is the number of homeless people around the campus, usually there are no complications with their presence.

Alyssa

I was an undergrad transfer student to Arizona State University. Now, as a graduate student, I'm proud to say that Arizona State University is a campus everyone can call home. Whether you're attending college strictly for academics (like myself), or most looking forward to the social scene (like my younger siblings), ASU is a wonderful place. ASU encourages students to pursue their interests, make connections on campus, and enjoy their young adulthood. The campuses are safe, clean, and modern. The housing options are also adorable and brand new! Forget about a dreaded community bathroom. All the dorms are either newly renovated or completely new. Sun Devils are very inclusive, forward-thinking, and excel in innovation. Professors are knowledgeable, competent, and truly care for the success of their students. My professors have become more than just educators. My professors guided me through career paths and navigate the professional world. In all, transferring to ASU was one of the best choices I've ever made.

Marisol

ASU is a school that offers many opportunities to everyone. It welcomes anyone to apply and attend. There is lots of help that is offered through ASU. There are advisors for ever college and there is tutoring for any subject. There are programs and activities that student can join as well.

Austin

I think it is a great school. My major is Sports Journalism and I am in the Walter Cronkite School of Mass Communication and Journalism. The one thing that I love about the school is that they want students to get involved in a bunch of activities and get an internship early on in your career. They really strive to get students in a good starting position in their careers and help direct you in the right direction to your goals. From my first year at ASU, I have had so much fun meeting new people and working with them.

Chase

Arizona State University offers one of the best, most comprehensive educational opportunities without buckling people with mountains of debt. Being a journalist, I couldn't be happier to live in a state with one of the most acclaimed and accomplished programs in the country. While our sports could be better, they are improving every single year and the characters at the games make for great stories. While ASU was ranked #1 for biggest party school by Playboy in the 80s and 90s, we have become one of the preeminent educational colleges in the West and becoming better every single year.