Arizona State University-West Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Arizona State University-West

rosemary

I’m a true sun devil !! Love it at Arizona state University. There are many activities you can participate in and the student morale is always high. Many of us take pride in our education and are thankful we are able to make it all come to fruition here at ASU!!

Kalli

I love the atmosphere that the West Campus has. It is a fairly small campus compared to the rest of the university but is still very involved with everything going on around the university. The professors are more than willing to help you with more than just the course(s) they are teaching.

If you want a quality education, this is not the place for you. This school is great for those who want to spend a ridiculous amount of money getting nothing but a piece of paper (and not just a degree but parking tickets too!) Some professors are great, but many either should have retired by now, or simply aren't very adept at getting material across in an understandable way. I also had huge trouble making my schedule, as the upper division options are extremely limited (for example, a course that was required for ALL psychology majors, of which there are MANY at this school, had only ONE in-class time option, and it was an evening class which is very inconvenient for many students who have to work part-time). The advisors are great, but they seem to be the only workers on campus who are available. I received a parking ticket when I first bought my car, because of the parking and transit center's limited hours (I was literally purchasing a parking pass DURING the timestamp on the ticket, which was the first opportunity I had to do so since buying the car 2 days prior). I also received a late-book fee of TWENTY dollars for a book that was LESS than a day late- which, ironically, was late because I couldn't access my ASU-owned apartment because of bedbugs! In all, I received a much better education at the community college I attended before ASU, than I have here so far. I would not have chosen this school had I known this beforehand.

Xavier

ASU at the West Campus is a much quieter and smaller college scene than you might experience at the other, larger campuses. There aren't large parties or a lot of late-night venues but it is still a lively, fun campus in its own right. There are plenty of school sponsored events, activities, organizations, and movements to get involved with and the community is very tight nit so you're guaranteed to have a nice group of friends on campus. In all, it's still a lovely campus with tons to offer. If you prefer a more calm campus, more tight-nit communities and small class sizes with more one on one time with professors and personalized academic attention, this campus is for you. But if you're looking to get involved with Greek life, college parties, or prefer a more large college scene with lively night life, you might want to consider the other campuses instead.

Albani

Arizona State University as a whole is a university founded on the success of its students. This public university has endless opportunities to get involved on and off campus, whether it is getting a job or studying abroad; there is something for everything. In regard to West, having it be a smaller campus can take away from the "college experience," however, I have never felt more connected before. It is a campus that is surrounded by faculty which is beneficial because it becomes a connection, rather than an interaction. It is vital to the success of college students to have access to professors outside of class, at West, numerous professors provide office hours to work around students' schedules as well as working closely with them to meet outside of those hours, if not applicable. Although I was hesitant to attend ASU-West, I can whole-heartedly say it was the best decision I could have made. I can recognize immense growth both personally and academically which I accredit to the foundation built at the West campus.

Cheyenne

Amazing collaboration with Starbucks Coffee Company and definitely #1 in innovation! This campus offered the opportunity to participate in research studies for future students contemplating a postgraduate degree. I would recommend ASU to any future prospectus.

Isaiah

Arizona State University is a great school with many diverse individuals who love to have fun and work on homework when the time is right to do so. The West Campus has everything you need to do to become successful and strive for your goals. The campus also have a dorm for those looking to stay closer to the school. Don't be fooled by the dorms because they are actually really nice and have what you need to get throughout the day. Also make sure you make friends with your instructor because they want you to work hard and be successful in the process. Arizona may be scary, however, if you do what is needed to be done to the best of your ability I assure you this will be the best semester the school has to offer.

Sharon

My overall opinion of ASU West is a great campus. Even though it is a mellow and quiet campus, I feel utterly safe and secure there. The people are so kind and nice as well as the professors. There are so many great opportunities there and the buildings look fairly new.

Jessie

This school is amazing and I fell in love with campus at first sight. I love how I feel like I'm at home and not too far. Plus they offer a shuttle to other campuses and you can be active there too. I really do enjoy ASU and I am super happy I made a choice to attend here. Go sundevils!

It is a smaller campus, but very homey. I think it is a good campus to adjust to college life and easy to attend. I enjoy the fact that it is very accessible to view my grades and talk to my professors through the ASU website. However, In the beginning of the semester they removed one of my scholarships and never gave me a reason why I lost it which was confusing and frustrating. Overall, it was an easy campus to learn and navigate.

Alyssa

All of the faculty here are great. They really seem to want to share their knowledge and experience with their students. The food on campus leaves a lot to be desired; unless you want to leave campus your options are cafeteria, convenience store, and chick-fil-a.

Vanessa

ASU was my first option to attend for my university experience. I've heard terrible things about it ever since I was in high school, but that didn't matter to me until I judged it for myself. Right when I went to that school I knew very well that I was going to be here having fun while studying for my life-time career. I love ASU and I'll love being a Sun Devil.

Charles

The Arizona State University West campus to me is personally a joke. This campus does offer really good class size yet the food is terrible, there is nothing to do on this campus, and Arizona is pretty ugly. My best recommendation would be to try and get to the Tempe campus, unless you can basically go to this campus for free try to not attend here.

Jerry

I have mixed feelings for ASU West Campus. I would first like to say that this campus completely goes against what people believe happens at ASU. This campus is not all about partying but instead focuses on academics. I will say that this campus can be boring but its nice that its quiet so it allows students to get their work done. If students really want to get more involved with the social scene, the Tempe campus is only about 25 minutes away. Overall I am satisfied with my life on the West Campus.

Hayden

Arizona State University at the West campus has a very different environment than any of the other campuses. I attended there last year and loved the class sizes but hated the distance from the other campuses, especially the Tempe campus. If you are at the West campus you are sure to have very small class sizes and teachers that host regular office hours. You should have no problem getting any homework or class work done since there is basically no social life to be had on this campus.

Lindsey

It's a pretty small campus as opposed to the main one in Tempe. It has more of a "small town" vibe to it which makes things easy for students starting out in their college years to ease into college life, and for older college students to take it in a steady pace. The campus is usually quiet but they are very active planning events. Faculty is pretty easy to get a hold of, there are some teachers to be wary of, but others are very good and are very understanding of their student's situations.

Germany

My overall opinion of Arizona State University West is that it sets students up for success. When people think of Arizona State they think of "party school" and they are right, but in all honesty most colleges are. Let's face it college is where students party. But the west campus changed my mind about ASU as an entire University because of the quiet, much more secluded environment that it offers students. While you are given the chance to thrive academically, you also have the opportunity to be apart of an enormous social scene. The opportunities at ASU don't fit one type of student, they are made for all. Whether you are all about academics, and studying is your top priority. Whether sports and extracurriculars are your number one. There is so much for you. I found myself wondering “what is next” when leaving my new student orientation. It’s hard to figure out who you are when you are faced with so many different opportunities. I don’t know if I want to be in STEM, or if I want to work, or maybe join some clubs. Here’s the thing, you don’t have to know. You don’t even have to know who you are, you have the chance to try new things and possibilities are endless at ASU. I probably sound like one of the advisors at my new student tour, but in all honesty everything that I was told was true, the only difference is what I chose to be apart of and what I chose to let pass me by.

Zuzanna

I am more than excited to be attending ASU - west next fall, I've been to visit plenty of times and the atmosphere is great. I go to a small high school therefor I think that the west campus is the bet campus for me because of how calm it is. The school is beautiful, and the academics aspect is filled with opportunities.

Casey

It is a school that feels more like a home than most other universities I have seen not only in the state but in the country. It is not for everyone and it is a school mainly focused in the STEM field, but Arizona State University as a whole offers plenty of things to do for everyone.

areege

I love my campus. I never thought I would be saying that, but there is something about ASU West that is so peaceful and welcoming. The moment you enter the campus you free the fresh aroma of the flowers that were just watered. You see the large buildings with shiny glass that hits the sunlight just right. You get to see the joyful students rushing to go to class with delicious food from the cafeteria. Your walk by the beautiful water fall with the statue of a figurine holding a book open across the library. Besides the campus, the professors are so kind and helpful. Every one of my teachers has been very understanding when I needed help. My advisers were always there when i needed guidance as well as the staff. There are police always walking around so you never feel afraid because someone is always watching. You have beautiful quiet study rooms that are only opened by your ID so you can study, talk, or nap in peace! It’s a generous place overall that allows students to learn and feel valued.

Elyse

Arizona State University at the West Campus is a small, close knit college community and campus. It would be nice to have more going on in the area such as places to eat or have fun at. The campus itself is beautiful with green grass and colorful flowers. The class sizes are small so students are able to talk to the professor and be a student in the class rather than a number. Arizona State University at the West Campus is a family-unit atmosphere. Most of the students know one another, and is very inclusive.

Sandra

I like the west campus because of it's size. I feel more comfortable with small class sizes because it's easier to reach out to the professor when needed. Not only that but it's easy to navigate around and many services are provided for the students.

Cameron

At ASU, there are activities and opportunities for everyone. I was nervous at first when I came on board, but I was quickly comforted by a friendly, welcoming campus of students and teachers alike. Professors are regularly available, and are eager to help. Go Sun Devils!

Makenna

I love going to ASU West. I feel safe, I love that everyone is very studious, and I love that everyone shows their school spirit so frequently. We routinely have "Maroon Mondays" and "Gold Fridays" where we wear our school colors to show off our pride. There is always something to do. There are many events to go to on on campus and there are a decent amount of clubs to join such as spectrum and "S.W.A.G.". It's a very quiet campus, perfect for concentrating and getting some work done. We have a huge library to provide plenty of resources for studying, such as tutoring and reference books. There's even a Starbucks in the library! The dorms are magnificent. They are very spacious and well kept, some even say they're the best dorms out of all the ASU campuses. Our professors are amazing, they are always engaging and available for further instruction. In just the one semester I've been here, I've already learned so much. Overall, I am having the time of my life at Arizona State University-West.

I loved my college experience from ASU. I chose to not take the typical route starting at the main Tempe campus and instead moved to North Phoenix to attend their West Campus W.P. Carey school. This campus more fulfilled what I wanted with an older average age of students. I was surrounded by adults, most of whom had a great amount of professional experience and loved sharing with anyone who asked. I had easy access to all of ASU's resources but with less crowd. There were also free shuttle services that took you to any of the other campuses so you didn't have to worry about gas, parking, traffic, etc. It was the best of both worlds for me. My degree program was so interesting and I loved my professors. They gave one on one attention when needed and were very open to share professional advice and personal stories in office hours. I would recommend this program and campus to anyone with similar preferences. If you are looking for the party, activity, large groups of people atmosphere that is typical for fresh out of high school teens/young 20's the Tempe campus also offers classes in this degree and caters to those needs. ASU has become a top school for business and I would recommend to everyone!!

Brooke

Arizona State University-West campus is a great campus overall. The size is the best part because every class I've taken is just the right size for all students to get the help they need from professors anytime they need it. It's also a nice campus because I feel safe there, and the other students and staff members are all very friendly. I don't personally live on campus I just commute everyday by driving, but I think it's definitely worth the drive because I'm overall happy with the environment and services that this campus provides for its students.

Monica

West being a smaller campus has me made feel safe the time that I visited. The students and the environment made me feel very at home. The dorms are very cozy and safe. The staff are very helpful whenever you are lost or need directions to find something or a specific building.

I am an online student, and I am very happy about the quality of the education I am receiving. The classes are engaging and challenging and the professors are incredibly accessible. I have had opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities and I am a member of multiple honor societies. I would highly recommend Arizona State University online for anyone with a busy schedule looking to get a degree.

Erfan

I am applying to ASU West in fall 2020, it's a very exciting time for me because I heard so many great things that ASU has to offer. It will also be the first time where I will be alone in the world and I know that ASU will bring my towards the right direction to success.

Alexandra

I love how small and intimate the campus is, it makes me feel closer to my classmates and makes going to class easy. The food on campus is amazing and serves no need to order food from off campus. The campus is incredibly safe as there are multiple policeman always patrolling the campus. The scenery is beautiful and the green trees and plants are very calming and put me at ease when I am stressed. The professors are very knowledgeable and hold regular office hours for any extra help, as well as answer questions in class.

Rodrigo

I love Arizona State. Everyone is friendly and helpful and the school provides plenty of resources to help students succeed.

Madissen

I love ASU West. Compared to ASU Tempe, it is much more my pace. It is quiet, not as packed, and the students are much more respectful. I am a transfer from GCU and wholeheartedly believe I made the right decision to transfer to ASU West because of the culture the school has, even if it is 30 minutes away from main campus. Everyone wants to be each others friends and hang out in between classes, it is basically a more mature version of high school.

Maira

Arizona State University is a good school. The teachers really are about their students and will go above and beyond in order to provide the best learning experience for the students. I love attending Arizona State University, I just wish parking was not so expensive.

Irene

The campus is small and has relatively perfect class sizes that aren't small enough to feel like high school but not large enough to feel insignificant in the teacher's eyes. Teacher's have regular office hours and are extremely easy to contact outside of class whether in person or by email.

Lisa

I really loved my experience at ASU West. I transferred my Sophomore year from Texas, and they were extremely helpful. A lot of my credits were being rejected, but I went to the program heads and showed my syllabus to them, and they accepted it. My professors were all great. I really learned a lot and had small class sizes. ASU West is a great small campus to consider.

Kendra

It is much smaller than the other campuses, but due to its size, the community seems much closer. It seems that there is always something going on that anyone can join in. If you are a person that is more into a quiet scene, then there still a lot of areas that you can go to so you can focus solely on studying. The only downside to the West Campus is that outside of University-sponsored events, there isn't a lot of places to go to that is within a reasonable walking distance. Overall, I enjoy ASU so far.

I've been at this campus for 3 years now, almost 4, and my opinion has changed multiple times since I first arrived. Like with the rest of ASU's campuses, it can be a little overwhelming, but I find it to be the least overwhelming of them all. It's super easy to be involved here since it is such a small and close-knit campus. Likewise, if you don't push yourself out of your comfort zone, or you're like me and you are just a shy person overall, you can still find the group that you belong to. There is a variety of clubs on campus that you can join.