Arizona State University

« See more reviews of Arizona State University

The most popular groups are fraternities ans sororities because they do a handful of advertising. However, a tradition is the undie run that is taken place at the end of the year where students donate their outfit to charity strip off and run in their undies on the last day of school! Also, students are very engaged in sports and the most popular one is Football in our batlle against our territorial rival, University of Arizona. In their free time students also hike the A mountain which is 2 blocks from the ASU Tempe campus.

The most popular organizations on campus, in my opinion, are Greek. That is very biased because I am part of it and that is all I am surrounded by. I have joined other organizations, whether they were for my academics, to help high school students, to become a mentor, etc but greek has stood out the most. A lot of my time is dedicated to my sorority and there is always something to do since we focus on community service off campus. On my free time I just do homework and hang out with my family.

There is always something going on at ASU. There is always a party to go to, people to hang out with, people to study with. Freshman year all the dorms are open for people to walk in and get to know their neighbors. Everybody wants to have a good time and meet as many new people as they can. Whether you join Greek life or just want to chill with some close friends, you will find people who you love and make friends quickly here.

Football is very popular at ASU. I am not really involved in the typical ASU social life so I don't know a lot about it. In my dorm the doors locked automatically. Every once in a while I run into friends on campus but it is rare unless prearranged. Mill avenue is still fun for people who don't want to drink. There are lots of clubs too that you can join to get to know people and to hang out outside of school.

There are tones of activities that can get you active with ASU. I would recommend that any freshmen’s that are coming to ASU stay in the dorms. I loved it! Everyone was so friendly and I met so many new people, there was always someone to study with or go out to lunch with. Also, there were always people at the fields playing volleyball or baseball and the pool is always packed.

The social life is amazing at Arizona State. There is so much to do in the city and there are a lot of single human beings. I love Tempe, it's an awesome place to be socially, especially since it's centered around the college atmosphere, but there are parts of Tempe that cater to other crowds. Phoenix is a diverse and large city, there's something for everyone.

Sporting events are a big deal here, especially football. There is always tailgaiting before the football games, and there is so much energy in the stadium they are a lot of fun. And there is always parties around campus. If you do not want to drink, on Friday nights there are free events in the Memorial Union for students.

The most popular student groups are probably the sports activities and the church groups. School spirit is very much encouraged here and so our team sports are enormously popular! In addition to sports, there are many church groups that get involved with the students at ASU and therefore become very popular as well.

Sororities and fraternities are very common at Arizona State University. The Planning and Activities Board(PAB) throws many students events every month. Some of the most popular events include the Spring Luau, Devil Palooza, Sun Devil Homecoming, Oozeball, and the ASU Undie Run.

Athletic events are fairly popular- I've been unable to distinguish if the popularity is among students or the community. Students in doors would be wise NOT to leave their doors open- several women were attacked in their dorms and nearby apartments this year.