Arizona State University

« See more reviews of Arizona State University

One of the great aspects of Arizona State University is that wide variety of students would feel comfortable attending this school. ASU has a plethora of extra curricular activities. For example, in addition to a variety of sports for athletes to participate in, there is also a spectacular gym on campus. For artisitic students, there is a small museum on campus as well as classes involving theatre, music and paper art. However, what really makes ASU great for any student is its diversity. With over 50,000 students attending, the school is able to benefit students with virtually any interest.

The kind of person that sould attend this school is someone who can handle crowds. There is a high number of students that attend the school, and if you want to meet with techers, advisers, staff, etc. it should be done through appointment. The good thing is that there is always something to do. People who are into their social lives should definately come here because of the hundreds of clubs available, greek life, and other extra- curricular activites. The education opportunities are endless. With four main campuses , ASU can accept students from all over the valley and country.

A person who does not feel cramped or overcrowded in class and can be independent in their undergraduate studies when it comes to studying and pursuing tutoring if needed. Critical time management skills are needed for such a big school such as ASU and can make a difference in grades, social life, family life, and most importantly your sleep schedule. One must be ambitious and dive for educational opportunities such as volunteering or extra credit projects. Befriending teachers and teacher aids can set you up for great recommendations and internships later on in college life.

The typical Arizona State student (or at least the ones I know) are outgoing and friendly. Adventurous students, who are willing to make themselves known, do well here. Students who are looking to take challenging classes and make life-long friends should consider ASU. It is a community unto itself, with outreach programs, student services and bustling people. If one is looking for a quiet, slow paced school, ASU is not it. While the atmosphere is relaxed, there are many things going on all at the same time that make ASU unique and alluring to adventurous people.

The type of person who has alot of patience should attend this school. Not only does the school president, faculty and adminstrators outright lie to students, they try to cover it up. One minute they promise to make school costs affordable and maintain them at current levels, the next they say a maximum 5% increase in costs. After about a month of that they comeback and say ADDITIONALLY students must pay $500/semester for this fee, and $400 for that fee. Total school costs are around 35-40% MORE than the previous semester. Its wrong politcally and ethically.

People who should attend Arizona state university are people looking to go in to a career of Buisness, Education, the Arts, or Journalism. These four parts with in ASU are very competative and have high expectations for their students. These programs are known to be the best with in the state. However, Arizona State is also for the students with a lot of school spirit and like to party hardy. ASU has been known as a party school too. Many people dont survive their first year from all the parting they have done. Although the ones that do survive, succeed.

Arizona State is one of the largest schools in the country so it caters to anyone who desires to come here. However, the type of person who would thrive here is outgoing, hopefulT, and satisfied with the task of having to search for a cohesive community. If you are close-minded and want to experience the world, ASU is like traveling without leaving the US. The amount of study abroad students is amazing. If you want to major in humanities, do not come here. It is satisfactory, but you will not be inspired. STEM students; you will love it.

I believe everyone can attend this school it's just the person themselves, they have to a have certain drive and a want to continue their education. Having this want to strive more than you can ever dream can drive you to glorious lengths. I guess it requires a certain "want" that's in all current college students that attend this school. Anyone, who believes that they can do better in life can attend this school and any school for that matter. Yes, anyone can attend, it's just a matter of time when they realize what they want.

The sort of person who should attend this school is one who is willing to work for their success. ASU is full of opportunites to be academically successful, build a strong resume, and make connections to the world outside of college, but one has to be willing to take advantage of these opportunities. They need to be able and willing to ask questions so they can clearly define the path they want to take. They also need to define what sort of college experience they want. ASU has the ability to cater what they choose.

To fully get everything you can out of Arizona State University you should be a student who is comfortable with large class sizes. Also, because of the imense amount of students on this campus you should try to be somewhat outgoing or friendly to be able to make friends. Sometimes in larger classes its intimidating and difficult to talk to other people but if you can get the courage to talk to will be beneficial. Also you need to be accepting of diversity to appreciate ASU's campus fully.