Arizona State University

« See more reviews of Arizona State University

Students who shouldn't attend this school are anyone without a strong commitment to education, or anyone who is prejudiced and intolerant of human diversity. Many students chose to go to college for the social life, but at ASU, the academic expectations of students are high and passing required courses often requires focus, organization, and determination. Those who aren't strongly committed to their work quickly fall behind and waste their tuition money. People prejudiced against certain sexes, religions, races, or sexual orientations would also be out of place because ASU is a place where diversity is respected and embraced.

People who don't believe in coed Dormitories should not attend--All ASU dorms are coed. People who don't like others preaching to them about varying political/religious views as they walk to class should avoid this campus like the plague; preaching happens on almost a daily basis. People who don't like heat (Arizona temperatures climb above 100 degrees probably 5 months of the year) should search for colder climates. Additionally, people who avoid party schools should consider this--ASU recently ranked high on the national list of Party Schools multiple years, though its reputation is undergoing ablution.

I think that any person can attend my school. ASU may be large, but it is also extremely diverse. Stretching across four different campuses exist different studies, extracurricular activities, and people. Any person that wishes to pursue a certain topic or major or even a person that is undecided would be more than welcome at the university. A student that wishes to follow a certain path would have many benefits because of how many experts there are teaching at the university, but also a student that is undeclared because there are so many different options that exist on the campus.

At times the education is liberal and "progressive" and I receive their perspectives in light of my more traditional, Christian views. I believe it is helpful in better understanding the theories that pervade the world in which I live,so although I may not agree with everything, it is useful for me to hear. There is much diversity and every student has and equal voice. If these different perspectives bother you, Arizona State may not be for you. Also, social life is important here so if you are looking for academics only, then keep this in mind.

Anyone, everyone...can you tell I love my school! ASU has four major campus's and I can't think of any type of degree that isn't offered here. Anyone looking to further their education, no matter what thier field, would love it . There are many life styles to choose from, dorms, old & new, sorority life, apartment living on & off campus, something for everyone's needs. At ASU you will find access to library's computer labs, work shops, private tutoring, on line help, there is just no way that you won't succeed if you really want to.

People that attend this school are extremely diverse and have many different interests and dreams. There is not a specific type of person that should attend this school due to the amazing complexity of Arizona State University. Walking around campus you view and interact with an amazing variety of students and faculty. Arizona State is a large campus with opportunities for everyone. If you enjoy warm weather, a social environment, and a competitive academic opportunity then Arizona State University is a perfect school for you.

Students looking for a challenging school or a specific program will want to look into their individual majors to decide if ASU offers the kind of rigorous, small classes they're looking for. Often the campus feels like one big advertisement for one magazine, TV show, or housing development; the rest of the time it's a noisy construction zone or a big stage for garage bands and street preachers. Anyone looking for a small, quiet, peaceful school or can't tolerate temperatures above 110 degrees should consider another school.

Just because of Arizona State University's sheer size, I would say that someone who's unfocused or dependent on others should not attend this school. Sometimes classes have hundreds of students, and if you aren't able to concentrate and be responsible for your own success then you will not do well. Professors with that many students have a hard time helping everyone, so if you're a person who likes individualized instruction in all of your classes then this may not be the best choice. You have to be independent!

To be honest, any kind of person should attend here. There are interests, activities, classes, majors, cultures, and experiences of all kinds to be represented and acquired here. Any person would be able to communicate and interact on some level with other students or faculty. Wheather they are determined and striving to succeed, or looking for a good party and some easy classes, both ends of the specturm are respresented here. ASU is full of surprises and any student can find what he or she is looking for.

ASU has a great amount of people and diversity. Every day I see tons of new people and I rarely see the same person more than once. If a student isn't comfortable with a great amount of people in and out of class, I suggest they find a smaller school that fits their needs. Classes tend to be big and I can understand that a great amount of students can be overwhelming and hard to focus on what the professor is teaching. As a student it's important to be self disciplined and stay away from distractions at ASU.