Arizona Western College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Arizona Western College

Andreina

Arizona Western College has given me a great experience on campus and beyond as it has given me a chance to learn more. While attending I've also been given an amazing opportunity to study my choice of major and knowing what I really wanted for myself.

gladys

Arizona Western College is a great school for those who are wanting to save money. The class are usually small to medium rarely large. The campus is clean and safe, and I believe that they have wonderful staff ready to help students. The food options are not always the best and I feel like some of the meals are overpriced. The campus has a bookstore that carries all supplies but when it comes down with having the books in time , it sometimes a issue when I have to wait weeks to receive my book when class has already started. Overall I do believe that it's a great school to save money when it's compared to others but it does need some improvements.

Kiara

Arizona Western College is a very family-friendly campus. I visit it often during school trips, and it is safe to say that I feel very safe and welcomed. My sister attended AWC and she was able to get a good quality education. I have also completed an AWC program "Community Health Worker". Going onto the campus, the staff was very helpful and is always kind.

Cristina

The professors not only deeply care about your education and future goals, but also about your journey to getting there. My professors always ask about how I am doing and make me feel important at school. The class sizes averaging at about 25 students per professor help ensure strong relationships with each professor and to create lifelong mentors.

Arizona Western College is a good choice for students who want to finish their general classes for a reasonable price compared to a University. Most of the professors are passionate about what they are teaching and are willing to help you out in any way.

Alyssa

It is a perfect college to start at before heading to a university. It's affordable and it has a good range of classes. Most of the professors are very helpful, and are easy to contact if you have any questions. There are also an assortment of clubs to join on campus.

aida

most of the staff is great, staff makes is hard for a student to be aware of his/hers next step for ones enrollment and policies. This school allows many students to be have out of line in campus dorms. It is great on cost but not worth a semester living and educational experience

Justin

My overall opinion is that AWC is the college to do the standard credits and to get involve with the community. AWC others a lot for those who are hands and love to play sports. AWC can also help you with tutoring and help you find a career goal here.

Maidy

Students and staff are very accessibly helpful. The campus is widely neat and provides variety of activities for students to have fun. What I love most about this college is that not only do you receive help to be successful in your academic career but you also become the best version of yourself.

I started taking classes at Arizona Western College when I was a Freshmen in High School. Trust me, I was beyond terrified that it was going to be so scary and nerveraking to the point that I thought I wouldn't be able to do it... but when I came onto the campus, all fear-stricken and such, they took me under their wing immediately. They did all that they could to ensure that I felt comfortable and not overwhelmed by the college experience. It was very much appreciated and I plan on going to AWC full time in the Fall after I graduate.

Michaela

I really like Arizona Western College. It isn't too overwhelming like most colleges/universities! I enjoy coming to college here! In my opinion, the campus is the perfect size and it does not take too long to get somewhere! The teachers are great and very easy to contact.

Katherine

I think Arizona Western College is a wonderful place to learn. My experience here has been nothing short of exemplary. Every department has been happy to help assist me in my educational journey, and they have done so with polite respect. I would absolutely suggest AWC to anybody else in the area.

Sherridan

AWC is a great community college. The professors and staff are very friendly and ready to help. There are tons of things to do. Our softball and football teams are out of this world! Tutoring center is a great tool to utilize if you are ever struggling, and there is always someone to help you. Everyone here cares about your success.

Breanna

Ive taught me what I need to know for my career in nursing at an average level. I’m still enrolled in the program and I think I have seen a lot of progression in that area. The school as a whole is lacking in advisement and extracurricular activities.

Alec

Arizona Western College is a great community college with lots of opportunity to be found locally. It fills all of your basic needs and resources, but not too much more. There isn't a strong sense of spirit within the school as most people are only there to move onto bigger things. Overall, it's great for finishing a 2 year degree if you can't afford to go to a university.

Aby

Arizona Western College is a welcoming place. The students are always doing stuff in campus and also encourage other students to join. There isn't a single day where you see people collaborating and hanging out. It's a big campus and the staff are very kind to the students or other people coming for questions. There is a place where the students can go to relax, we get to socialize with so many people which is very nice.

Meagan

Arizona Western College is a great choice if you are looking for a reasonable priced community college. There is not much support for sports, but there are sports teams. However, you cannot beat the class sizes. I have not taken a single class where the teacher does not learn my name and call on me by name. That is not something you are going to find at a university. For the most part the professors are very helpful. You can email them and ask to meet for extra help or even to review your paper one last time before you submit it. There is nothing to do in the area, but the school is located two and a half hours from San Diego and three hours from Phoenix. I have never seen the dorms, but from what I have heard they are okay. They are old and need some updating, but they are not horrible. AWC would be a great choice for anyone who is interested in a full ride for athletics, or anyone who needs a money saving option for college.

Carlos

Arizona Western College is a safe and socially diverse campus that focuses on the academic progression and success of its students. Academic help and degree advising is offered throughout the campus by well educated, energy-filled staff who devote their time in the students success.

Daissy

My opinion of Arizona Western College is that overall it is a great school. The staff is so supportive and helpful with any questions or concerns. All my peers are always there to help in projects or things of that matter. The campus is easy to get around. I always feel welcomed to be there.

Brianna

I really enjoy continuing my education at Arizona Western College, it's a great, welcoming college and has great programs to help students. The staff is always happy to help and you can always find an answer to your question right away. The professors are also amazing. I'm proud of my college.

Cynthia

I have attended Arizona Western College for some years now. I do feel that I have a received a good education and the school tries to give the resources you need to help you be successful. The environment is really nice and safe. You always feel welcome in this campus.

Ayanna

Arizona Western college is a nice place for students to start off. Students are given a lot of flexibility to make going to school a priority no matter what kind of schedule they have. I love the student involvement in clubs and the environment on campus. The fact that the school week is only Monday-Thursday is nice.

zachariah

It is a wonderful place to study, though not yet perfect. But its a great place

George

It is a great and affordable school. The staff is very helpful and everyone is always positive. The college has teamed up with some local state universities and it makes going to a university way cheaper. The classes are interesting and there are a lot of interesting majors to choose from.

Kaylee

Arizona Western College is an outstanding community college that offers so many great opportunities! Staff are always friendly and eager to offer help or find someone who can. The campus is well maintained, no litter on sidewalks and the facilities are great.

Vianna

i think that AWC is a good choice to start off or complete a degree in. it is better to stay close to home instead of going three or more hours away. it is also better than having to pay for classes that are more expensive elsewhere that are available here close to home.

I am a student resident of Arizona Western College and I do love living here. I only rated it 3 stars because of staff mainly. Workers in the main building can we so rude when you're seeking help. They do not look at you with a welcoming face; I try to avoid going to them for help. Other than that, I've enjoyed my time here and my professors have been a delight and very beneficial to my education here!

Melodia

I would highly recommend this school for anyone wanting to take a class. All staff are nice and very helpful. Great size campus, you are not over crowded by people. I always go for turning and am really thankful for it. The teachers I've had all really seem to care and I appreciate it.

Sandra

Arizona Western College is an exciting college that provides lots of help and resources if you go look for them, or ask about them. I am not much of a person that stays on campus for things other than classes, but I don't always see people doing promotions of other majors or clubs or anything. Although, you are always welcomed to join, and I have heard that there are several clubs available, you just have to ask about their meetings. Most of the professors I have had so far, are willing to help if you seek for help. Most professors want people to pass their courses and learn from them as well. Overall, if you want something simple, enjoyable, relaxing, interesting, and new AWC is the way to go.

Maricela

AWC is a great junior college and students are very friendly.

McKenzie

Arizona Western was my first choice to go to. It is close to where I live and I heard it was a great school from previous family members. I am still currently a senior in high school and taking class at the college. I have met some many people and new friends and we communicate all the time about assignments and help each other with them. The campus is always clean and a great place to be. The first time I ever went there, to be honest I didn’t want to leave. I love it there and I am so excited to continue my education and Arizona Western. GO MATADORS!!!

Heaven

It is a good and cheap school for our local students. They are very helpful and very supportive if you want to transfer to different schools. They have very nice and helpful professors on and off the campus and on our other campuses. Overall it is a great college and very affordable.

Erick

Arizona Western College is a great school. I am currently a student. I am living in the dorms. I feel so safe living in the dorm. I have everything. We have Gameroom. We have activities, clubs, etc. I am in love with this school. Honestly, this is the school of my dreams. The professor are always available. Everything you need is at Arizona Western College.

Chase

Arizona Western College is a very laid back educational environment. Not in a bad way, the teachers are always helping you with whatever you need. The food is great for what you pay also. And last of all we have the best athletics in the country.

Lezly

Arizona Western College is an amazing community college with a great variety of professors and classes. There are many great professors who are excited to teach their students. Their is no Greek life but there are numerous clubs and organizations to join during your time at AWC.

Saul

It is a very good college I really visiting Arizona Western College. Going to Arizona Western College was the best choice economically because the tuition price is very affordable and the school is a really nice place. I love the environment at AWC and I really enjoy the people that attend AWC.

Nubia

I feel that it is a great place for students to begin their college career. It is a great place for anyone of any age to enroll in courses, giving them the right tools to succeed. The student to professor ratio is good, making it easier for students to connect with their professors in and outside of the classroom.

Sofia

I think it’s going to be a great experience

John

I highly enjoy attending Arizona Western College. They have great students and pretty good professors. The curriculum is a nice challenge. The academic advisors can be a little lost at times. There are not many specialized advisors to help you enroll, that is a task for yourself. The services, food, and Starbucks are really good! It is a safe campus and full of opportunities to socialize with others.

Tadeo

It's a great school expanding throughout the years. Helps students on track with the help from the advisors. It also helps knowing that we have universities that we could transfer to and still stay at home. A great event everyone should go see is the Southwest Ag Summit that happens in our fall semester.