Arkansas Tech University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Arkansas Tech University

bayle

It is okay, it has its' ups and downs. I have taken a total of seven classes so far, and to be honest I did not like a single one. I think that this is the place for some people, and a lot of people love it. But this is not the place for me. If you end up here I hope it is the place for you.

Kylie

The staff is nice and helpful

Madison

I don't quite enjoy it but I don't completely hate it. There are some amazing professors and some really bad professors, but it's not all terrible. I am in two clubs, and am trying to join a third. I chose to go here because of the affordability but the facilities are lacking and class sizes are really big. We have had two fires on campus so far, and three times the fire alarm has gone off in my building alone.

Thomas

I enjoy and am honored to be at Arkansas Tech University. The academics are excellent and there are a big variety of classes and subjects to take. Professors are always easy to take too and get along with. One problem with professors is availability after class. Emailing and getting meetings with professors after class is honestly difficult to do. Our school culture is good many people have school pride. Our school has good diversity and a good school-student connection. I enjoy Arkansas Tech University and think it is a wonderful place to go. While not in a big city there are a multitude of stores/activities within driving distance. Go Wonder Boys/Girl and I honestly think anyone who goes to Arkansas Tech University would not be disappointed.

Ashlyn

When I first toured Arkansas Tech University I knew it was the school for me. I chose this school because of the friendly environment. Nobody is left out and there are activities for everyone to enjoy! Everyone is supportive and very excited to help!

Sean

I think it's a very pretty place and the people are sociable. The professors are always available to help, and encourage that you do come ask for help. In my experience there, all opinions are allowed and they're very understanding of what you have to say.

I enjoy it very much and recommend it frequently. I have referred it to several people who are currently going to other colleges and they are not happy with it. I encourage them to transfer to Arkansas Tech. I explain that the staff is always happy to help especially in the registers office.

alanis

I enjoy living here at Tech, everyone here is welcoming and friendly. It's a home away from home. The professors and advisers are always available to help and guide me. I live on campus and I always feel safe. The cafeteria has amazing food, but changing it up sometimes would be nice.

Paige

Before I came to Tech, I was a ball of misery. I have suffered with mental illness and identity for all of my life, and never recieved the love and care I needed. That all changed when I came to Tech. The people, facilty, and overall environment are amazing and so helpful and accepting. Tech offers a wide range of services to aid me with my problems, as well as give me a quality education. My teachers have gotten to know me personally, and I know this would not happen at any other school. Thanks to Tech I am able to start my road to recovery and self acceptance. I do not know where I would be without my Tech family.

Mindy

I am in my second semester at Arkansas Tech. I am a nontraditional student who is taking classes online. I have been impressed with how easy and user friendly the online format for classes is. My professors have went above and beyond to help me. My Dad passed away in the middle of the semester. My professors were so understanding and they really helped me get back on track. I can't say enough about how much I love Arkansas Tech University!

Rebecca

Wonderful place to receive education

Hunter

Good college, it's my first semester but I already enjoy living on campus and seeing what it has to offer. There's not much bad to say about it besides that things sometimes do take a while to be repaired. Other than that, the cafeteria food is pretty good and all my professors are very reliable and nice.

Kary

If you are looking for a college that is small and community centered. A college where the teachers will pay attention to you as long as you engage them. A college where you will feel like more than just a number, then this is the campus for you. There is not much to do in the way of having fun other than outdoor focused things but you will definitely find friends here. There is no shortage of food places in town as long as you have a car. If not the cafe food is not too bad, and Baz-Tech (basially the student union) will be a lifesaver.

Erica

It is a smaller (fast growing) college that really has made me feel at home. I grew up in smaller towns and this college made it easy to get adjusted to a new life away from everything I knew. The classes are small and the professors really care about their students. The people are extremely friendly and there is always something going on on-campus. This college was a perfect fit for me.

Shakayla

This university is so underrated. The staff is friendly and helpful and they almost always know what their talking about. The professors are very well educated and will do everything in their power to make sure their class knows the material. Since the campus isn't as huge as some of the other universities that are around, the relationship that the students have with each other is almost family-like. The President of the university is the best woman for the job. Not only is she approachable, and friendly, she is also very savvy on social media. All these are the reason that the students adore and love her. When she retweets you, you feel kind of special. She is almost like the Beyonce of the campus. Freshmen are very welcomed on campus and if lost all they have to do is ask someone and they will try to help. All in all I am very lucky to have found the hidden gem that is Arkansas Tech University.

Ariel

I love it! Arkansas Tech goes above and beyond to help their students out with anything and everything they may need. If you need help with something or you are confused, they will help out. Professors go above and beyond to make sure you know the material and are always available during office hours.

Chase

Arkansas Tech University is a good and affordable option for students seeking to further their education. The acceptance rate is very high, and tuition is the lowest in the area. There are, however, some negatives I found about the campus as well. Some teachers are tenured and do not care how their students do in the class. Parking is a nightmare. There is very little to do in town. On the upside, the food is excellent. Every school has its trade offs, but overall this school wasn't for me.

It is a wonderful university, and I am proud to be attending. I think there are some things that need updating and extra attention, but I have heard some of these things are in the plan for the next few years. I sometimes wish there were more opportunities for exrtra curriculars and extra classes, but I understand that these things take time.

Mason

I came to Arkansas Tech because it was the cheapest option, but now I'm really glad I came here. Most people are friendly, the political environment is very moderate and willing to listen to both sides of a debate, and the teaching staff that I have met seem to really care about your academic future. They often invite students to come to times outside their office hours and will provide any help that a student needs to excel in the class.

Kaija

This school feels like home and I would recommend it to any new freshmen. The school is very friendly. Everybody is so helpful. Academics are very important but this school has a lot of fun activities outside of school. The first week before classes start will probably be the best week of your life.

It has its flaws, but ATU is a very friendly, very good school to be a part of. Students and faculty should be proud to be apart of it. The people you meet on the campus will stick their necks out to help one another, and everyone takes time to boots up each other.

Alyssa

I love Arkansas Tech, especially the campus, our campus is BEAUTIFUL! I am so thankful for the student to faculty ratio, it's great- it seems like there's always professors who are so ready and willing to help students excel. Like most college campuses parking is terrible but they are working on fixing some problems on campus, being a student with food allergies there isn't a whole lot of options in the cafe but that doesn't bother me much. Overall I love to encourage future students to really consider attending ATU.

Austin

Arkansas Tech is an overall amazing school! The campus is super safe and the Public Safety is always there to help you. The facilities on campus have anything you need to do your homework. The food is alright it gets old very quickly, but it is good quality as well as the campus life. The campus life has a whole bunch of organizations to join as long as fraternities, and sororities. I would highly recommend this school who is looking for a nice safe and cool college!

kad

Arkansas Tech University is a diverse college. You don’t need much help finding friends. The activities here are fun and energetic, and hard to pass up. The student support services are a great help also. They help students who are in need. They make the students feel great, because they actually care about your education. The public safety is also very helpful. When you don’t feel safe, you can call public safety and they will more than happy to help you.

Shayla

Arkansas Tech is by far the best college around. We are big enough that there is diversity, but small enough that we are a family. I always feel safe and there is always something to do on campus. Although the town is small, we find things to do. Best college and best college food around!

Avery

Arkansas Tech has been very helpful about giving me all the information I need to go here. They reach out and help their students when they need it. They get their students involved and invite me to different kinds of activities they partake in and love the visitors. This is an amazing school.

Christian

I think it’s an overall great school for me I know a few people complain about there forming situations and I have had a couple Professor who I weren’t a fan of but I would recommend tech to others.

Jeremy

I've been to a lot of different college campuses all over the U.S. My oldest brother attended Ole Miss in the early 90's and I visited him on weekends. That was a really fun, energetic place to be. Perhaps that was the reason that he dropped out, because he had too much entertainment at his beck and call. When I was in the Greek system at Arkansas Tech, my brothers and I would go to other houses in other states like Missouri, Tennessee, and Illinois. Those campuses had student unions, good restaurants, and local businesses that cared for college students. The point of this review is not to deter anyone from attending Arkansas Tech University. It is a good school with great instructors that actually care about what they teach. My point is to make others aware that this area is not a "true" college town. If you are expecting to attend this university and be immersed in all things "college" like they show in the movies, then please go somewhere else and save yourself the disappointment. However, if you want a quality education at a decent price, then they have a seat waiting for you.

Dylan

Arkansas Tech is a great college overall. The main disadvantage of going to ATU is that Russellville is not a particularly fun city to live in compared to other college towns. That does not take away from the academic integrity, on campus activities, and nearby outdoor activities that make going to Tech really special. I had an incredible time at ATU and would recommend it to everyone who asked.

Garrett

While the campus and nearby facilities do house some of the more common recreational clubs, groups, and organizations, some of the more modern and rapidly growing activities such as esports and other growing events. I would like to see these implemented at some point before my graduation.

Ethan

I plan to attend this college for my entire four-year degree, and maybe some graduate school if they have it. Every time I go to Tech to visit, it brings me joy. I'm not sure what it is about it, but the atmosphere is always happy. The world is a scary and dangerous place, but the campus seems so easy going and safe that I think I am gonna enjoy my college years. Please consider me for this scholarship, college is my dream.

Gayla

I think it is a great place to learn! I am very thankful they have online courses which makes it where I can finish my degree and still work. I was hesitant to go back to school to finish my degree. When my daughter suggested Arkansas Tech University with their online courses I was amazed at the opportunity this opened up for me. I am sure I am not alone in being an adult going back to school to finish a degree but I assure you I am a happy "college student"!!!! Thanks so much ! Gayla Napier

Dylan

Arkansas Tech University is a great option for college in Arkansas. It's affordable, academics are encouraged, and there's a lot of natural beauty nearby. I enjoyed my college experience and was offered many learning opportunities outside the classroom that can rival other schools in the state and country.

Tyler

I feel like this is a very good school. Obviously every school has their flaws but for this school there aren’t very many to point out. The only thing I find wrong is the food. It gets old kind of fast. But other than that, I’d recommend this college to anyone who doesn’t want to pay out the rear for a 4 year college degree.

creed

The school has a lot of friendly students from small towns just like me. The overall environment is very friendly and the professors are very knowledgeable. There is a lot of work involved in the classes, but I think that is a good thing. Higher education shouldn't be easy.

I have never had a higher opinion of a school. I love everything about Arkansas Tech. There is always something going on for students and the community to be involved in. The student population is diverse and there are opportunities for students to learn about each other's cultures and beliefs all the time. The food and housing are wonderful. Nothing on campus is more than a 10 minute walk away. The classes are fun and interesting and are taught by professors who love their subject matter and love helping their students. The surrounding area has tons of things to do, such as hiking at Mount Nebo and spending time out on Lake Dardanelle. Even though I've only physically attended Tech for a year, I've built many lasting relationships with other students and staff members. I will never forget my experiences here and highly recommend it to everyone I meet.

Arkansas Tech is home. I feel very safe no matter where I am. The facilities are clean and modern. I can always find a friendly face to help me. The cafeteria has great food most of the time. My dorm is small and homey. I have met many people with similar interests because the dorms are somewhat split based on majors. I have made a lot of friends, even though I am a hermit.

Cassidy

My overall opinion of Arkansas Tech University is that it is a very beautiful campus. There are many benches, chair, and even hammocks outside so students can enjoy the fresh air while they study. The academics are very important to everyone here. Every professor is available, either in person or email. There are multiple study rooms and buildings on campus. The overall atmosphere is amazing.

Kayleigh

It is an amazing school. There are multiple ways to get involved living on campus and not living on campus. There are so many different majors and minors for anyone. The professors are also very easy to talk to and help you if you reach out for extra help outside of class like during office hours.

Gustavo

I’ve gone to the campus a couple of times. There are plenty of opportunities at this college but hearing from students who already attend they say the major problem is the campus grounds are too small. One of the major issues with this being parking and having to arrive earlier for classes.

Madeline

Arkansas Tech is a party school with lots of events and activities. This school spends all of its time in planting trees instead of on its education and safety. The classes are literally a joke. If you want to earn an education, then I suggest another college. But if you want some fun, then come on.

Shelby

I like Arkansas Tech very much friendly students, faculty, and staff. campus life is very enjoyable and entertaining. You don’t have to go far to find something to get involved with. Most students and faculty are more than willing to assist you in whatever your endeavors may be. The community supports the University and is a friendly atmosphere.

Kathryn

I love this school. I have met so many new people and I have not met someone who wasn’t friendly and guinely wanted to talk. The professors try to make themselves as accessible as they can just so their students can thrive. My professors all really care about my grades and offer multiple ways to improve.

Trakia

I love ATU! I was a part of the TRiO program in high school and now a part of SSS on campus. I am beyond grateful because they help with so much! Any questions I may have, they are there to help give me an answer. Most teachers respond back to emails fairly prompt answering any questions. Advisers are amazing, especially the REHAB SCIENCE department advisers!

Rebekah

Overall, I really like it. All of the faculty and staff that I’ve interacted with have been friendly and helpful. The Accounting program is difficult. I would suggest that Accounting students start at Tech if at all possible as GPA from previous and easier semesters does not transfer.

Kaitlin

I feel as if Arkansas Tech University, both Russellville and Ozark campuses are great schools to attend. I've toured the big campus in Russellville and I found it to be very adaptable school for upcoming college freshman. The class sizes were small so it won't be overwhelming for students, small classes also make it easier to have group discussions and helps students get to know their professor. The environment was educationally friendly and offered almost anything you could want. The campus, you could tell, had been very kept up with and was always clean.

Andrea

I take online classes and the people who 'I converse with are nice. The instructors are always helpful when it comes to assignments. The tuition is reasonable, I don't have long to get my degree. I am super excited that I am finally finishing after 12 years of taking breaks. This college should have been my number one option when it came to starting college courses.

Olivia

this school is one of the best I have seen. Arkansas Tech has so many options for majors as well as many great extra-curricular activities. The campus is just the right size to both house all needs and you wont get lost much. The professors are also very nice and welcoming.

Kelsea

Arkansas Tech University is a community of students who come together to learn and interact with each other and the community of Russellville. There are opportunities for every student and clubs that cover a variety of interests. Everyone is able to get involved in something that interests them. The teachers are great at being available for questions and helping you.

Noah

Arkansas Tech is a safe place for learning. They stay active in politics and the community. And you never hear of much partying accept for the weekends. When it comes to the activity's, they don't hold back. You can do basically everything. I love it!