Armstrong State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Armstrong State University

Jasmine

I think Armstrong State University is a good school for people who like to have fun and take their academics seriously. There seems to be a perfect balance in that within the Armstrong community. Professors and previous students always go out if their way to help out the upcoming Freshman.

Mary

Armstrong is the only school that I applied to, and I have not regretted it once. It is an amazing school located in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. There is a group/club for everyone. No one is left out here. It is truly home. The nursing program is rigorous and prepares nursing students for after graduation, as do the other programs. I recommend this school to everyone.

Jordi

Academically, Armstrong Atlantic State University is a good university. It challenges your ability to receive the information inside the classroom and be able to truly understand the concept. The people attending the school are very nice and very easy to get along with. Armstrong is a great place to get your degree and meet new people and make friends.

Briana

It's a great university. The campus is beautiful, the professors and staff are helpful and friendly, and they have many resources available and many activities to get involved in. The campus is also really safe. It's an open campus for the most part but it's the safest campus in Savannah.

Makaia

Armstrong state university is a well diverse school. One of the things I love the most is how every professor I've had been quick to help, quick to respond back to emails, and open to any questions I've had. The campus life is pretty cool and safe everywhere. When it comes to extracurricular activities there is always, always, always something going on every week. We've had a lot of fun carnivals, hilarious comedy shoes and a lot of competitive rec activities. One thing that does need a little work is the food but what college campus doesn't. I also love how long the gym stays open and how active our president is in being interactive with everyone. overall Armstrong is an outstanding school and I can't wait to see what else they have to offer.

Catherine

My freshman year at Armstrong State University was not the best. I would say that lack of student life at Armstrong plays a major role as to why this was. On the other hand those who are in sororities, fraternities or play sports would no see this as an issue because they usually know about everything but fail to communicate to to others. However for typical college students like myself having a strong campus connection and involvement is important because you are able to network with others and show your school spirit. I was very closed off and did not talk to many people my first year of college because I was so overwhelmed by "college life" and working. Now that this is my sophomore year I am much more open to new opportunities and making time to get involved on campus. So far I have begun participating in two campus organizations, the NAACP and Student African American Sisterhood (SAAS). Within these two organizations, there are many activities that they provide which has given me the chance to meet new people and become more involved with my school.

William

The school is great, the campus has tons of plants and an international garden that feature greenery from all over the world. The dorms larger and more private than traditional dorm rooms. Class sizes are medium large on freshman core classes, but once your in classes for your major, the classes are around 10 students per professor. Cafeteria has a variety of options, most of which are health oriented. There's tons of clubs, an active student government that the faculty really allows to change the school.

lauryn

Before Armstrong State University merged with Georgia Southern University it was a fairly decent school. The campus is not insanely large but it's not small either, it's a decent size. Sports is not a big deal on campus anymore, if you want sports go to the Statesboro campus. Frats throw parties almost every weekend. housing is decent. As for the food, it could be better.

Faith

Walking onto the campus of Armstrong Atlantic, gives a feeling of accomplishment on its own. I am excited to have this opportunity to attend such a great college. Not only do I feel safe on campus, but the professors are there anytime you need them. Study groups held almost 24/7. I personally enjoy the free Yoga and Zumba classes to relieve some of the stress that can take place with all the studying.

Payton

I love it! Academically, I always feel like their are resources to help me be successful. My professors are always more than willing to help and the small class sizes make it easier to engage in conversation. Living on campus definitely has it's ups and downs but for the most part I'm happy with my experience!

Overall, Armstrong is a wonderful school. I was really afraid off college until I met the people here. The people are so welcoming and the teachers make it very easy for you to come and talk to them as long as you show the effort in their class. The thing I love the most about Armstrong is their convenient resources and caring teachers. I can truly tell that the teachers care about their students and that they are not just a number to them. I have went to my English and Spanish professor multiple times through this semester to talk about my work and aspirations. The teachers are so welcoming and easy to talk to, even when you don't know the teacher. The resources on campus are a huge plus. I have went to the writing center about six times this semester because they give such great feedback and criticism, and they always help with my mistakes on my papers. Same for the Spanish tutoring. The people are always willing to help you on anything. The school has made it very welcoming to incoming freshman and have many resources to help students that are unsure about content. This was my dream school and I am very happy with my choice to go here.

Aman

It's a good school but god knows we can use better teachers . Some are amazing but some make you want to drop out of college and work as a low life. Ya that bad. Especially the engineering center. They lack communication and a heart. I guess it's just my opinion but I say it how I see it and others will back me up.

Sara

Overall, I feel that Armstrong is an ideal university to attend. It's located in an ideal area with several restaurants, a mall, and two movie theaters right across the street. The academic aspect of the school is rather competitive but not impossible and the professors really motivate you to work hard in the classroom to achieve your academic goals. The college experience here at Armstrong is really what you make of it, there's an abundance of groups and clubs open to students of all backgrounds so you're bound to find a group that can accommodate your needs and interests. It's a great environment for first time college students.

Armstrong is a tight nit community. Everybody knows everybody since class sizes are generally small. Everyone is always friendly. There is plenty to do on campus as well as off campus. The professors genuinely care about your personal growth and success.

eudora

My major is currently biology but I am extremely ecstatic about persuing business and fashion at ARMSTRONG. It is the only college I know but sadly because of our merger with Georgia Southern a few things are bound to change. The intimacy of our middle sized community based university will soon disappear. However, I have intentions to enjoy the present aura for as long as i can.

Alijah

I love Armstrong State University!! I like the opportunities we are given, class sizes, Greek life, the freshman dorm building is nice! I love how you can talk to your professors attend tutoring offered by students and your professor. I love the location of my school. The look of my school and how safe my school is.

Alliyah

In my opinion, Armstrong is A cheaper option for the students who can not go to SCAD. Plus there is always something to do on campus. Also, there are many resources and people to help you pass your classes. Armstrong cares about our education, so much that places such as the learning commons, the library, and individual tutors stay open late just so students can get a better understanding of their given materials at hand

Miyah

Armstrong State University, now known as Georgia Southern University-Armstrong campus, is a beautiful school. The campus is small (about a 15 minute walk from end to end) but every inch of it is gorgeous with its international garden, water fountains, flowers, and moss trees. One problem with the school is only that it has just merged with Georgia Southern University and is still trying to figure some things out with the campus. Another problem is that the only sports on campus are intramural sports as the team has moved to the main campus at Statesboro. They at least provide transportation to the Statesboro games. Most people commute to campus, so in the afternoon and on the weekends, the school is a bit dead. Since there’s not much to do on campus, most students head on a 15 minute ride to downtown Savannah, a nice place to hang out on the weekend with its historical buildings and tasty food. Location-wise we’re three hours away from three big cities: Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Columbia. Students here also like to hangout at Tybee Island (45 minutes away) during the summer. We’re located very close between two malls and a Tanger Outlet. The on-campus housing is very nice and new although the off-campus housing could use a little work as the buildings are older. There is only one small dining hall currently on campus and the food is virtually the same everyday. We’re supposed to at least be getting a sushi place and a Chic-fil-a soon. The school though is located on a long strip filled with pretty much any fast food place you can think of all in walking distance. Also on the strip are a lot of grocery stores such as Walmart and some family-owned restaurants. There is some drinking and use of drugs although so it’s not very much a “party school”. The class size is perfect, my biggest class freshman year being around 45 people. The teachers are nice and take time to learn your name. I feel very comfortable coming to visit them and ask questions during the mandatory office hours all teachers have. Overall, Armstrong makes for a good school for studious people who like a small, quiet, and beautiful campus with a big city explore just around the corner.

Yesenia

This is my first year on the campus. So far, I have enjoyed my time here. The buildings are close together, so you do not have to walk very far to get to where you need to go. It is calm and peaceful. There are also varies things to do on campus all the time. Everyone is pretty friendly and helpful.

Armstrong is an excellent college for those who are more for learning in smaller numbered class settings and I enjoy that the professors take the time to interact with their students and being able to have one-on-one interactions with them compared to larger universities. The campus is spacious, yet all of the buildings are nearby each other for convenience and nearly everything is accessible. Armstrong is quite well known for its STEM program focusing on their sciences and health majors that provide a strong foundation and preparation for graduate schools. Overall it is an excellent university for those who wish for a refined and small town college experience.

Mia

Armstrong is a great college where the work is the main focus. There is a very diverse culture where you meet new people every day. This is good, but there is one downfall sports are not that big of a deal. Social skills are needed here at Armstrong.

Madison

I love going to Armstrong State University. The environment is a huge factor in the way someone veiws a college. Armstrong has good staff and students the keep the environment nice and safe. Attending Armstrong was the best decision that I've ever made. The school has already taught me so much. I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else.

DeAnna

Good small school. Tourism driven town with a fair amount of crime, but not on campus. Georgia Southern about to take over this school so it is only going to be around a couple more semesters. They are moving some majors (business, education) to the Statesboro campus (about an hour away) and bringing some majors to Savannah (health).

Keiyanna

Armstrong State University overall is an amazing college. All the students are very kind and involved on campus. The campus offers diversity and despite that we all still come together like a family. I love that about this university. Academically the school is also great. The professors at Armstrong are very hands on and focused on their students despise what stereotypes say about most college professors. They are available when students need help and there help sometimes exceeds beyond what is taught in the classroom. Armstrong also has many groups and student activities that keep us students involved on and off the campus. These groups provide students with a place they can feel safe to express there thoughts and feelings about a particular subject. I feel incredibly safe at Armstrong and I absolutely love it here.

Christopher

It's a great campus just big enough and just small enough.

Pascal

Great campus great low cost! Professors care!

Haley

I absolutely love being a student at Armstrong, I feel wanted like I belong there. Armstrong is a wonderful school with several learning opportunities.

It is a really great school! I really love the class sizes and the personal education you get when you do not quite understand a topic. The professors are very helpful and they want you to succeed. Campus life is pretty good. There is always something going on and there are tons of Greek life and Recreational clubs to join.

Asia

Armstrong state university is a safe campus where you can meet a variety of different people, get a great education, and still have the ability to have fun. The science, nursing, and history programs at the school are amazing and they even offer Biochemistry! In my opinion the school is great, minimal distractions make doing work easier.

Angelhene

I love Armstrong! It isn't what I'm normally used to, but it is growing on me. I enjoy going to the recreational center to get exercise and enjoy student activities. I also love the fact that there is always and event going on on campus, meaning that there is always something to do. The amount of student activity on campus is more than what I usually see.

Vanessa

I think Armstrong is a good school. If you want to start off at a place thats not to big then Armstrong is the place to go. They always have activities and you will actually be notified about them through your school email. They are always held at the Savannah campus but some are also held at the Liberty County Campus.