Cincinnati, OH
Art Academy of Cincinnati

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Art Academy of Cincinnati

Gold

I love going here. It's really inclusive and the professors are very one-on-one, and really level with us. We have intelligent conversations about politics, current events, social justice, and the mood around the Academy is usually lively. You see art everywhere, and hardly anybody is afraid to express themselves, at least I'm not. There are problems with attendance, like with any school, but I think some people have a hard time disciplining themselves, especially with how open and empathetic our profs are, some don't go to class at all. A lot of people going to the Art Academy are very open about mental illness and health, but I feel some treat it in negative ways, like with drugs and alcohol. I don't partake, but I find that my classmates should concentrate more of their pain onto their artwork, instead of turning to drugs and alcohol. My sister is an Alumni, but she said that even when she was going to school there several years back, there were problems with alcohol, too, and she mentioned that some had to drop out because of their problem. Many have dropped out already, and with such a small school, I just hope we're not bled dry before too long. There is an open drug culture, but often it's just marijuana is mentioned, and we're pretty liberal about, but sometimes I feel my classmates come in high or really down on themselves because of it, and don't complete the work in the best way they can. I hope even more that none of my classmates are into really hard drugs like meth and heroin. Despite the kinks and chips in the paint, I still love the Art Academy, and want to see my classmates and I thrive. I love our little busy hive of artists, and there's always something going on! I wish more people knew about it, I think they'd be really happy here.

Michkayla

The school isn't that bad. Compared to most it's cheaper than other art colleges. If you're looking to just get your hands in art, or your more of a fine artist this is the school for you. However, if you're wanting to field in something specific like animation, production, illustration in regards to concept art, or even some film stuff I don't recommend this school. The illustration program is mainly filled and taught by people who focus in old comics and children's books. The school also doesn't really have an animation program even though they wave it around like they do. What I mean by that is they don't have the proper class to get the skill, and for the animation classes they do have they have people teaching it who have never worked in that field a day in their life. Like I said, it's a good art school to start, but if you know what kind of artist you want to be and you know what you want to learn, this may not be it.

At my campus, we have the most amazing individuals I have ever met; staff and students. Everyone is very sweet and kind to each other, they are very helpful when someone needs it, and they really do care about a person's well being.

Very expensive, but that's to be expected of an art school. Otherwise, a very inviting environment in the heart of downtown. A great place to start an education, but only if you're truly prepared for the costs. It caught me off guard, and I struggle paying it off.

Aliyah

The Art Academy is a cool school to be in. The students their are hard workers in there own special way. Everyone there are nice to be around and we can relate to each other .The school environment like being at home. I love to see students and teachers works a hanging on the walls of the school. The different perceptive on life is very enjoyable to see. The Art Academy is a place that creative can come to life.

The Art Academy of Cincinnati isn't perfect, but I wouldn't go anywhere else. One of my priorities is being able to connect with my professors and other people. The Art Academy is a small school, so it's easy to get to know people. Professors are always willing to help students when needed. Most people are willing to make new friends. Art remains AAC's focus, but academics are still taken seriously. My main critique is that I wish there was more effective communication in the financial department. It's the one part of AAC that doesn't operate as effectively as the rest of the school. Information is sometimes relayed with little time to complete financial tasks, and some things don't get through to the financial office. If you can get past this unfortunate detail, it's a wonderful school that I believe many artists could come to love. I encourage people to take tours of the Art Academy of Cincinnati and see if they think it's the right place for them. AAC has had such a positive impact on me and my understanding of what art can be. It is a truly mind changing place.

Madison

The Art Academy of Cincinnati is an eclectic mix of old and new, familiar and foreign, and gives me the opportunity to explore a myriad of ways to create art.

The biggest piece of advice I would have given to me as a high school senior would be to challenge yourself harder and don't give in to procrastination. Also, don't be afraid to be completely isolated from a social life--you are preparing yourself for the next step in your life--acquiring the knowledge and skills that will take you through the rest of your life. Learn how to be independent and a self-starter. It's also very important to stand up for yourself and be your own advocate--with your teachers, your counselors, your peers. Another important reminder is to learn how to save and manage your money. With the independence you will have during your first year away from home, you may feel invincible--like you will always have enough time, money, and friends; a place to live; transportation, etc. But always plan for the unforeseen and if you do, you will never have to worry about tomorrow.

The Art Academy of Cincinnati is a community much like a family. The classes are small and the professors are very hands-on and always willing to go the extra mile to help provide the best education possible.

Alexis

My school is a bubbly environment that pushes students to meet and exceed their ambitions and dreams.

I would suggests to all incoming college students to not be nervous. This is one of the most exciting times of your life. College is nothing like high school. At every college I've attended, the students are really down-to-earth and everyone is there for the same reason, to get higher education and go for their dreams. I have never seen bullying in a mature college environment. Everyone accepts you for who you are and embraces your diversity. When choosing the school you want to attend, remember to always visit the campus before you apply. You can't experience what your school will be like through pictures on a website, you need to actually visit and meet others like yourself that you can relate to and ask a million questions. There are no "dumb" questions in college. Also, don't go to a school where all your friends are going. That school might be right for them, but it might not always be right for you. Also, consider your class sizes. Would it be more comfortable sitting in huge lecture classes or would it be more comfortable to have one on one time with your professors.

The worst thing about my school is its location. My school is located in Over-the-Rhine of Cincinnati. Over-the-Rhine is a really tough community. Fortunately, my school is located in the business district, but our school doesn't encourage us walking around the neighborhood alone or at night. For the most part, I feel really safe going to the school and having secruity available at all times to walk me to me car, I just wish the area would clean up so I'm not constantly looking over my shoulder as I walk to my car.

Jake

All the faculty here are somehow connected in the local art community, the facilities are extraordinary and fully equipped. The location is unique and exciting and the programs are serious but never dull.

College has changed my life and when I say that I mean for the better. In college I have had to learn to organize my time to get papers and projects due on time. I've learned real responsiblity from all the paperwork that must be done just to get into school all the way down to paying bills to live on my own. College has also exposed me to many new viewpoints on so many different topics, I have been around peers and professors and I have just read so much more. I have become more interested in the world around me as well as the people around me. I am interested in what goes on in the world locally and globally. I have met some of the most interesting people and I have made some of the best friends. From being in college I have traveled a lot more too because I make friends from out of town or that know people from out of town. College also gave me the opportunity to go half way across the world and tour Italy. If I had never enrolled in further education after high school, Life would be a drag.

My school has probably the coolest building, and best space for artists. Studios line the upper floors, art is everywhere and it's all great because the teaching and the skill of the school are exceptional.

Kathryn

Think about going to a less specialized college in a less urban area. Cinci seems like a good idea now, but you'll hate living there in about a year.

Instensity of focus on career-related skills.

How subjective critiques are, and how quickly they become biased.

Art Academy of Cincinnati administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.